Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Browns not sold on RG3, may go for Tannehill

1. -11
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz015 View Post
    Like every year there are guys who show that they have the talent. This year its Tannehill. Then next thing you know people are scrambling to sign him because of what he might be able to do. But people overlook alot of things....

1. Last year he was 1-5 in games decided by 7 points or fewer. All 6 of those games were against teams ranked in the top 25 at the time. So in other words... he chokes.

2. Then he had an average performance against an alright Nortwestern team.

3. He is a raw talent, but since he is apparently so good(sarcasm) he warrants a top 10 pick. Though he wont be able to play for a 2-3 years.

4. If Matt Barkley came out he wouldnt be going until the second round.

So in conclusion there is some talent there. But in my opinion it does not warrant a first round pick. Sure he has all the measureables and can make some throws. But if your looking for a franchise qb who is going to win big games and be an X-Factor he isnt the guy and should be taken in round 2 or 3.
    You can say this all you want. But the rookie wage scale has changed the game completely. The run on QBs last year is another example. It would not shock me if Tannehill does not even make it to 8...
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Browns probably hate the idea of moving up 2 spots and using their first or 2nd round pick to do it. Maybe they are gambling that the cost for the Redskins to move up is too high. The Vikings may not take a QB at 3 so wham they get RG without a trade. The Rams gotta take Blackmon. If worst comes to worst they get Blackmon if the Redskins to move up and still have a first to figure out the QB spot... Moving up 2 spots that early in the draft is a tough thing to do. Because there is a lot of big talent around and a unproven QB for the 4th pick plus another possible first is expensive when you can get a guy like Blackmon just staying put.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who cares? We're getting Peyton.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Spark doesn't =winning, we forget that winning is the bottom line
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blackmon is Ok but is he any better than let's say The Beast Brandon Marshall. Y'all think that these rookies are going to come and makes an instant impact like Cam Newton.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach attach View Post
    What separates Tannehill from Ryan Mallet? They are similar in size. Did Mallet have better stats? Just curious because Mallet going in the 3rd, and Tannehill being ossibly a 1st is a big decision. Thoughts?
    Its all about character and work ethic all things being equal.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    people. Why should Cleveland jump up two spots and give away those picks when they know St louis and Minny doesnt want them? Holmgren is not really eyeing RG3. Shurmer maybe but Holmgren is different. They would want RG3 at #4. Otherwise, they are looking elsewhere. They are the team with many holes to fill. Washington is worse IMO or about the same. So if they go up and take #2 they sold themselves again!!!! They will leave their team in a big hole in other areas. OL for one.

If Cleveland does not buy it, why should Washington? Washington would want to buy Minny's pick right after St louis is sale less. Why would St louis want to trade down to #6 when eyeing kalil, Claiborne, and Blackmon? Maybe they settle for Reiff. But make no mistake. St louis wants Clevelands picks. Cleveland looks more and more like they are hesitating.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    smokescreen to get miami or washington to bite on a tradeup and for them to get more picks. Once again whatever trades are gonna happen really need to happen before FA period otherwise manning and flynn could be in Wash and Miami, then who would be the sucker for trading with?
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfanNY08 View Post

Browns not sold on RG3, may go for Tannehill

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...yan-tannehill/

I believe it is a smoke screen to force our hand regarding tannehill and the potential to have him here backing up manning/Flynn/Moore
    The article never says they are not sold on Robert Griffin, or anything like that at all. They said they were "equally impressed with Ryan...in the interview."

I dont think its a smoke screen at all. If another team makes a trade with St. Louis to draft Robert Griffin, I think its possible that Cleveland drafts Tannehill. They could very well go with whatever QB is available at #4 instead of giving up multiple 1st round picks.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote