Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golic On Board With Peyton to Miami

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    Love the classic finheaven pesimism. If anyone is worth the risk its Peyton Manning.

This would be one of the only times I would not be mad at the front office if that was the case. Taking a chance on one of the best QBs to ever spin the ball, no brainer to me.

What's going to be interesting is seeing you cheer your ass off when he starts balling up for Miami. I hope your cable goes out when we are in the Superbowl with Manning.
    Fro one side of the argument to the other extreme. And what will people say if he comes and plays and we are a 10 win team for a year or two, then he retires and we have to start all over again. If the powers that be choose if so be it, if not so be it. If they go with a young gun and finally have the coaches in place to manage it well, I'm all for it.
    It's time to be successful Coach Philbin. Have you decided what you should master yet? It's time to step up Mr. Tannehill, you're starting year three too.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not entirely sure Peyton will be available for us.  There has been so much in the media about Miami being the likely landing spot that it makes me think it's being used by the Manning camp to either pressure the Colts into getting a deal done or drive up the asking price for the team he really wants to go to.  Manning to Miami is being trumpeted so loudly and rarely do these situations work out the way the media thinks they will.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love the classic finheaven pesimism. If anyone is worth the risk its Peyton Manning.

This would be one of the only times I would not be mad at the front office if that was the case. Taking a chance on one of the best QBs to ever spin the ball, no brainer to me.

What's going to be interesting is seeing you cheer your ass off when he starts balling up for Miami. I hope your cable goes out when we are in the Superbowl with Manning.
    So you are sitting here in early March and guarantee that MIA will be in the SB? If that doesn't happen can we start calling you theFool?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Of course Greenie hated it...he is a Jet's fan and anything that helps the Phins he hates. Golic played for the Phins so he is not a Phin's hater like Greenie. Greenie was reading all of this information from a report done by Brian Billick, who was giving his take on which team would be the best fit for Peyton Manning. According to Billick, the best fit would be either Seattle, KC or the Jets. What a joke.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spor...think_pey.html
    imo thats why billick isnt a coach now in the NFL

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Billick has an axe to grind against Ross. The two have been at odds for years. It doesn't surprise me that Billick will not speak anything that would positively change the Fins because of his issues with Ross.
    Golic's remarks are surprising to me. He usually tags along with the rest of his fellas. It is refreshing that he can be objective despite all the NY media pressure trying to influence the outcome.
    Greenberg is a tool with a fireman hat. Just an obvious partisan. A jackass with a capital J.
    I (and most) believe that Miami is the most complete and playoff ready team that is willing to accept Manning's services. I also think that Manning likes south Florida and his family does too.
    If Indy doesn't work out a deal to keep him, Miami will be his landing spot.
    It will great hearing Greenboig say how that Manning is washed up if he signs with Miami..a sure sign of his jealousy.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whatever. More opinions.

What's funny is that Greenberg doesn't realize he's the b*tch on that show.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sure hope I am wrong but we have had zero luck with older QBs in Miami as well as spending 2nd round picks on the position. While I admire Ross bringing Peyton to Miami currently I look at it more as a gimick to fill stands than to really win. Hope I am wrong but I Peyton wants to land in Miami he will but I am hoping he likes a better place and we end up with Flynn and the abiltiy to take a pass rusher in the draft with that first pick or trade down for Weeden if Flynn is not here and get a additional 2nd rounder to help on the OL and pas rush area.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Pacolypse View Post
    Greenberg sucks.
    Greenberg is a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Well since Golic is on board.....

Who still gives a ****?
    Golic is Siragusa minus the personality.
    It’s reassuring to know the world is crazier than you are. - Erik Selvig, Thor: The Dark World

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starting to hear voices

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis View Post
    I'm not entirely sure Peyton will be available for us. There has been so much in the media about Miami being the likely landing spot that it makes me think it's being used by the Manning camp to either pressure the Colts into getting a deal done or drive up the asking price for the team he really wants to go to. Manning to Miami is being trumpeted so loudly and rarely do these situations work out the way the media thinks they will.
    ​I was thinking the same thing. It's being talked about in some places as almost a done deal.
    JMB
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LoL, that's just wrong...
    My Offseason plan.... Get as many good football players as possible, The End.
    Quote Quote