Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: We Hired Philbin -Whew!

1. -41
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder how extreme were these "bounties". Like would they cover up a fine if the player was fined by the league?
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I quite agree . i do think some want to use this to try to bash Fisher more and really he just went out and hired the best DC available. Now in retrospect he may get somewhat burned for it but in the end I dont think it will affect him that much. reminds me of last year when Harbaugh turned us down people were saying how he wasnt that good and this and that but I think he proved year one he is damn good coach. Missing on Harbaugh pissed me off much more than missing on Fisher.
    Like approx 80% of us who were either ambivalent or didn't want Fisher from the get-go, even before his BS control issues and hiring of Schotty, you should have jumped for joy that Ross got played in the most dishonest collusive way by Fisher, his agent and his agent's son to also wring the most money and control out of Kroenicke. When the smoke cleared, Fisher is what he is: a mediocre coach who in 17 seasons had 6 winning ones with an recent "on record" continued commitment to ground and pound. Some of us are happy that after playing Ross like he did, Karma has come back to bite him in the butt thru Williams )who if he had to cheat, probably isn't all that). **** Fisher.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Like approx 80% of us who were either ambivalent or didn't want Fisher from the get-go, even before his BS control issues and hiring of Schotty, you should have jumped for joy that Ross got played in the most dishonest collusive way by Fisher, his agent and his agent's son to also wring the most money and control out of Kroenicke. When the smoke cleared, Fisher is what he is: a mediocre coach who in 17 seasons had 6 winning ones with an recent "on record" continued commitment to ground and pound. Some of us are happy that after playing Ross like he did, Karma has come back to bite him in the butt thru Williams )who if he had to cheat, probably isn't all that). **** Fisher.
    I never pushed for for fisher as coach , hell i wanted mularkey which i know many would ridicule but i think he will be fine
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I also dont think he or Harbaugh played Ross this is what happens when you are looking for a job. many speculated that harbaugh used us to get more money from SF but in reality their offer was pretty much the same the whole way. I think Fisher looked at the two jobs and STL offerered more say and he took their job. He also had some connections to them anyway. Our job is obviously not as appealing to the rest of the league as we think it is much like every other team. I do agree its probably a good thing this year he did not get the guy he wanted. I just hope that if changed are needed to be made at GM he does what he needs to when its time and not make the same mistake he made with Sparano.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    Uh we want our organization known as THE classiest in the league not the most trashy.
    so were you pissed how the U carried themselves in the 80's and 90's because thats exactly what they did and were praised for it
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dtjp17 View Post
    so were you pissed how the U carried themselves in the 80's and 90's because thats exactly what they did and were praised for it
    The players on the field are real life humans, not a video game, not monsters. What ever the "U" did and the Saints did is unacceptable. And I hope Goodell removes 2 years worth of first round picks from that organization.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    the N E W Dolphilbins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jupiter FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Relinquishing draft picks from teams is a little extreme.... suspend or ban whomever you want. But don't punish the fans too.
    We move Marshall for all the right reasons, miss out on ole' manning.. then when they dont overpay a backup qb : it's the last straw and jokers are protesting outside the stadium ! All brainwashed by the media. There's no pressure from within the walls of the office, it's all from the uneducated fanbase, and that's why a movement was made to inform the fans of what's going on, because all they had to go off of was the media.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HybridPHIN 23 View Post
    Relinquishing draft picks from teams is a little extreme.... suspend or ban whomever you want. But don't punish the fans too.
    I agree
    Quote Quote