Not so much about what Armando is saying, but I just watched the tape on him [in the article] and was gobsmacked... his pass pro is poor.
- no kick step...
- leans back in his hips to get the kick step going... gets no width/depth at all, no slide step to keep his balance
- over reaches really badly to a wide rush
- not crisp in his footwork
- power step to the inside move is not good..
- plays very tall.. surprising for an Iowa OL.
- just don't see the athleticism for an OT in the pro's... no matter the side.
can see why some consider him a guard, but for me he's a Nate Garner type inside player.. wouldn't consider him whatsoever in the first.. or second for that matter.
Thoughts/arguments against, by all means... fire away.