Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Amateur Video of Peyton Manning Throwing

1. -11
    Die hard Fins Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Why would he be out there in a helmet and a #18 jersey as part of a rehab workout? Weird, unless a) he's an anal retentive psycho, or b) he's progressed far enough in his rehab and it's close enough to the "deadline" he wants some videos out there and he wants there to be "proof" it's him, or c) some combination of the two.
    its only uppers, so maybe he's trying to get used to the neck being surrounded by equipment....
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looks good and his arm strength keeps improving. He still has 5 months to work on it too, the guy will be back.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikefinfan View Post
    its only uppers, so maybe he's trying to get used to the neck being surrounded by equipment....
    I have a hard time buying the notion that vertebrae need to get used to the feeling of a helmet and shoulder pads. And either way, why the #18 jersey if not to unambiguously identify himself?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ...he wants some videos out there and he wants there to be "proof" it's him.
    best way to do that is NOT wear a helmet...

Manning has always been known to be a perfectionist in how he practices... I always had my QB's wear everything as much as possible, because it simulates the game time mechanics and vision... i.e. if you don't wear pads outside of the game, you get a false sense of security throwing the ball - with pads on, there's a slight change/difference. Additionally, seeing through the face cage with the helmet rattling around your head and not forgetting the weight, it's just a way to simulate things as much as possible.
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rawr!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ottawa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have a hard time buying the notion that vertebrae need to get used to the feeling of a helmet and shoulder pads. And either way, why the #18 jersey if not to unambiguously identify himself?
    It could mean something, but you may be reading too far into it. His number, after all, is 18. Why wouldn't he wear it?
    Tony on Hartline:

"We asked this guy to block the defensive end about 5 or 6 times yesterday in the game by himself ... I'll be God darned, I mean that guy just went in there and threw every ounce of his body into that thing and really did a heck of a job".

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Die hard Fins Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why not? back when i played ball i wore practice jerseys with my number on... I'm not an egomaniac... its just a jersey with a number, he's just trying to get back to his old self
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-London View Post
    best way to do that is NOT wear a helmet...

Manning has always been known to be a perfectionist in how he practices... I always had my QB's wear everything as much as possible, because it simulates the game time mechanics and vision... i.e. if you don't wear pads outside of the game, you get a false sense of security throwing the ball - with pads on, there's a slight change/difference. Additionally, seeing through the face cage with the helmet rattling around your head and not forgetting the weight, it's just a way to simulate things as much as possible.
    I understand that, but Peyton is rehabbing, not practicing, per se.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think perhaps people are misunderstanding the point I'm trying to make here. This video, to me, is a false attempt at a "hidden" or "amateur" video. I think it was a planned release by Peyton to show that he's able to throw where some have said he can't. Him wearing the #18 jersey is only "weird," in other words, if he didn't plan to be on video.

As one poster said, I might be reading too much into this. That's certainly possible. But why accept the official story in cases like this, especially where there's so much on the line? Question everything.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Sign him the second he is cut
    Quote Quote