Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Bills fans should start sweating the Gregg Williams gate

  1. -11
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,555
    vCash:
    17805
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Of course that our board conclusion lol. Hell we dont even know what we have in Coyle but of course he is a top DC already.
    You ever notice how all our hires are better than the rest of the league .
    What I do notice is your Pavlovian Reactional tendency to pile on anything Fins and defend anything non-fins. Conversely, if we had hired Fisher and Williams was ours, you'd be the first one throwing him under the bus even faster than you did Randy Starks in South Beach.







    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,843
    vCash:
    33876
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    What I do notice is your Pavlovian Reactional tendency to pile on anything Fins and defend anything non-fins. Conversely, if we had hired Fisher and Williams was ours, you'd be the first one throwing him under the bus even faster than you did Randy Starks in South Beach.
    Yoour opinion doesnt make it valid. YOu are among the first to pile on anything around the league so thats your mo. The fact would be I would not be happy that Williams engaged in such things but the fact is he is a very good Dc much more proven than our current one. This offseason the only dolphin player I have said anything bad about has been Brandon|" I need a woman to fight with" Marshall. Please show anything negative I have said about The Philben hire, I praised that hire but of course I only say negative stuff about the phins. Maybe the fact is we have been a bad team for three years has escaped your grasp so of course I have had plenty of negative to say about a team that cant even have a .500 record and you know what its justified 4 out of 5 losing seasons is not worthy of praise to me sorry if thats a positive thing for you, thats kind of sad.

    Now in your world calling a guy that has played for three teams since he came into the league in 2007 a jouneyman is an insult when its actually just what that kind of player is called but of course thats negative in your eyes.

    I call things as I see them I have no agenda but just because we have some guy that likes to hit women as our wide receiver Im not going to act like he is a good person.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,843
    vCash:
    33876
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Also I never once defended Williams . I find it funny when coaches sign elsewhere they all of a sudden are not that good. I remember so many on this board jumping on the McCoy bandwagon then conveinently crucifying him for his comments. At least Im consistent I hated McCoy as a canidate from the beginning. I never once said I wanted Fisher that was our owner that was in love with him. Of the canidates that we interviewed I though Philben and Zimmer were the best canidates, that never changed. I always liked Mularkey as a canidate and he was on our list but was smart enough not to wait around and be the possible second choice when he had a job offer.

    I will come out on record and say that if Williams put bounties on players as accused there should be some action by the league its chidish and unprofessional.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,555
    vCash:
    17805
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Yoour opinion doesnt make it valid. YOu are among the first to pile on anything around the league so thats your mo. The fact would be I would not be happy that Williams engaged in such things but the fact is he is a very good Dc much more proven than our current one. This offseason the only dolphin player I have said anything bad about has been Brandon|" I need a woman to fight with" Marshall. Please show anything negative I have said about The Philben hire, I praised that hire but of course I only say negative stuff about the phins. Maybe the fact is we have been a bad team for three years has escaped your grasp so of course I have had plenty of negative to say about a team that cant even have a .500 record and you know what its justified 4 out of 5 losing seasons is not worthy of praise to me sorry if thats a positive thing for you, thats kind of sad.

    Now in your world calling a guy that has played for three teams since he came into the league in 2007 a jouneyman is an insult when its actually just what that kind of player is called but of course thats negative in your eyes.

    I call things as I see them I have no agenda but just because we have some guy that likes to hit women as our wide receiver Im not going to act like he is a good person.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but in retrospect maybe Williams was good but not that good, just like the spygate Patriots who could have lost to the Rams if not for videotaping and Barry Bonds who didn't need steroid help but ended up making a mockery out his reputation and every slugging record. Like Florio says, same with spygate, if BountyGate didn't help, Williams wouldn't have ring-led it. AFAIC, his record and abilities are now forever tarnished.

    Now I was referring to your proclivity to defend someone who's not a fin, and as a counterpoint, throw a fin like Marshall or our new DC under the bus. IMO it's not germane what others on our team may or may not have done or accomplished to the criticisms of that person right or wrong in a vacuum . Irrelevant but it's what you do as if by reflex. How about a discussion in your company where Serviceman A contends that despite what some believe "Joe Blow is NOT the most skilled and dependable infantryman in the company (whether he is or isn't) and Serviceman B replies, "He's proven himself in combat conditions and I'd sure rather have him guarding my back than DLockx" True or not, it's not relevant and you should not have been brought into that conversation to make the other's point by making him look superior by comparison. It is what it is.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,843
    vCash:
    33876
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    When did I throw our new DC under any bus? marshall is a low character guy no matter who he plays for that has been proven over and over again.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Roman529's Avatar
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    33,778
    vCash:
    11150
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Saints should be much more heavily penalized then the Patriots/Belicheat for Spygate. I cannot think of anything worse in pro sports than intentionally injuring an opponent. It's worse than tanking a game for $$$. The Saints should lose a couple draft picks, Williams should lose his job and be banned from ever working in the NFL again, and anyone else who knew about this or played to injure other players should be severely fined, or given a one year vacation.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    327
    vCash:
    1128
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didn't want Fisher when we were searching for a QB, thank god he didn't take the job here. I hope Gregg Williams gets suspended for a year, it will be hard for him to find a job in the NFL. Goodell will come down hard, he doesn't want anything to hurt the NFL's image, especially something like this.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    J Tes's Avatar
    next generation

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    2,312
    vCash:
    2688
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Of course that our board conclusion lol. Hell we dont even know what we have in Coyle but of course he is a top DC already.
    You ever notice how all our hires are better than the rest of the league .


    You honestly think that just happens on this board? Thats just the way it is. Every fanbase is the same and every hire was/is the best. But more importantly, where you just waiting for any opportunity to say that? I have no clue how you took what Finfan54 said and turned it into that rant
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,843
    vCash:
    33876
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post
    [/B]

    You honestly think that just happens on this board? Thats just the way it is. Every fanbase is the same and every hire was/is the best. But more importantly, where you just waiting for any opportunity to say that? I have no clue how you took what Finfan54 said and turned it into that rant
    I was agrreing with him because since he is not our coach the pile on begins and once he wasnt hired here he became less of a coach .
    I mean look how many people act like Coyle was such an awesome hire and basically nobody on this board ever mentioned him before he was hired. Dont get me wrong Im cool with the Coyle hire but on paper the williams hire is a much better hire because Coyle has never been more than a DB coach and thats for a while
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Dolphins may end up winning in Gregg Williams mistakes
    By MRPRESIDENT50 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 01:19 AM
  2. Gregg Williams
    By Hayden Fox in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 12:45 PM
  3. The Gregg Williams era near an end?
    By TigerJ in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-29-2003, 12:21 PM
  4. 1st to be fired - Gregg Williams or Dave Wannstedt?
    By zach13 in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •