Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Met john beck Today in NJ

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Staten Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Met john beck Today in NJ

john beck was also at the '72 Fins reunion show --- I told him that jake long is a great OL but i wish he was in Miami He said Jake is a great guy and i told him i know but Franchise QB's don't grow on tree's he said the NFL is a QB driven league we'll eventually find one and again jake is a great player and guy -- Want to also say that Matt is a great guy took time too chat with my 8yr old son ( as much as you can chat with an 8 yr old lol ) and took pics wit him
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaFins1 View Post
    john beck was also at the '72 Fins reunion show --- I told him that jake long is a great OL but i wish he was in Miami He said Jake is a great guy and i told him i know but Franchise QB's don't grow on tree's he said the NFL is a QB driven league we'll eventually find one and again jake is a great player and guy -- Want to also say that Matt is a great guy took time too chat with my 8yr old son ( as much as you can chat with an 8 yr old lol ) and took pics wit him
    You should have convinced him to force a trade to Miami lol. Jake is a a great player but as we can see years later LT is not as important as Qb and we still have no long term solution to our qb problem by forgetting that. Hopefully we solve that this year. I have heard he was easy to approach and friendly glad he gave you a positive experience
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    john beck seems like a class act. But I still don't regret taking Jake Long.....4 seasons 4 pro bowls....he is a future Hall of Famer and I hope the Phins can lock him up for the next 7-10 years.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It still amazes me that people here don't think he's a top QB in the NFL. I wish we made the playoffs every year.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    It still amazes me that people here don't think he's a top QB in the NFL. I wish we made the playoffs every year.
    I think many people here feel they have to make him seem less since he has been successful. I mean most of this board said he wasnt that good when he was drafted and predicted failure. I remember many not even thinking he was an upgrade to Beck. In their hearts they know he is a a top qb. I will take a top qb any day over the best LT in football whether that be Thomas or Long because QB is by far a more important position. I mean does anybody remember the LT for the dolphins undefeated team or hell even the Giants left tackle in the super bowl of course not. I know some phin fans know just making a point
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    john beck has won as many playoff games as I have.....NONE.....one and done following the '08, '10, and '11 seasons.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Drafting john beck would not have propelled us into the playoffs. Frankly to me the kid is not that good. He has had a running game and a ton of weapons to throw to. His d has not been bad at all either. Taking jake long was not the mistake that Miami made it was taking chad henne and pat white.. that is where they messed up.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did you ask him what it feels like to chronically suffer the playoff equivalent of blue balls?

"geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish
    the tanny/sanchez days were here again" > Darksider, Jetnation

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ride The White Pony

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    matty is not ice
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    Drafting john beck would not have propelled us into the playoffs. Frankly to me the kid is not that good. He has had a running game and a ton of weapons to throw to. His d has not been bad at all either. Taking jake long was not the mistake that Miami made it was taking chad henne and pat white.. that is where they messed up.
    Those weapons were not all in place he went to a 4-12 team thats had not been to playoffs in a while and he had a smart gm that built his team around him and they made playoffs unlike our gm that is infatiated with OL and DL and thinks qb is just something you get at last moment
    Quote Quote