Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who would not take Tannehill at #8 ?

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Am I the only one who would not take Tannehill at #8 ?

I have seen alot of mocks with us taking Tannehill with #8 and Ive heard alot of so called experts saying Tennehill will be a top 10 pick. I bet on alot of football games so I watch a ton of games. I am no expert but I have not been impressed with Tannehill at all. He has good size and athletic ability but he didnt show much in college. He didnt win alot of games and didnt put up huge stats. I would much rather have Manning,Flynn, or roll with Moore. Tannahill reminds me alot of Matt Moore talent wise. When you use the #8 you should be upgrading not making a lateral move. If we took him in late late 1st with a trade back or the 2nd I could live with that but not with a top #20 pick. We have too many needs to take a Qb that will not help us improve
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    CMD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Batman logoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM from DisturbedShifty
    I disagree, I'd love to have Tannehill if it meant he'd be sitting behind Manning for 2-3 years.
    Credit: DisturbedShifty
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That would be a disaster of a pick at 8...

Talk about a reach for a raw individual that is at best a 3rd round pick...

People sure do love mediocre QBs...Chad Henne all over again...

Yay...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Isnt this what people were saying about Ryan Mallett being a top 10 pick when every team knew he was a 3rd round talent and thats where he went. Tannehill is very raw only 20 starts at qb and cant really compare him to anyone in the nfl. I think he goes late 2nd to 3rd round.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    From what I hear he calls his own plays just like Peyton Manning.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    CMD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Batman logoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAQUA JOSHUAxx View Post
    Isnt this what people were saying about Ryan Mallett being a top 10 pick when every team knew he was a 3rd round talent and thats where he went. Tannehill is very raw only 20 starts at qb and cant really compare him to anyone in the nfl. I think he goes late 2nd to 3rd round.
    Mallett would've been a 1st round pick if it wasn't for him doing cocaine. I'm kind of glad the Dolphins didn't draft him even though I wanted them to during the draft. Maybe that's how I'll feel about Tannehill but right now I would love to have his mobility and ability to throw on the run.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnjamerson View Post
    I have seen alot of mocks with us taking Tannehill with #8 and Ive heard alot of so called experts saying Tennehill will be a top 10 pick. I bet on alot of football games so I watch a ton of games. I am no expert but I have not been impressed with Tannehill at all. He has good size and athletic ability but he didnt show much in college. He didnt win alot of games and didnt put up huge stats. I would much rather have Manning,Flynn, or roll with Moore. Tannahill reminds me alot of Matt Moore talent wise. When you use the #8 you should be upgrading not making a lateral move. If we took him in late late 1st with a trade back or the 2nd I could live with that but not with a top #20 pick. We have too many needs to take a Qb that will not help us improve
    It all depends on whether or not we can acquire P. Manning or Flynn. If we don't get either, than I think Tannehill will likely be the best QB on the board after Luck and RG3. I have heard we might even sign Manning, and then draft Tannehill to groom for the future. We should know more in about a week. What most people don't realize is that Tannehill played Wide Receiver during his first two years of college, so he still has a lot he can learn.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When you draft Tannehill you are drafting a ton of potential but limited experience. He has a quick release, very balanced in the pocket, spins the ball really well and is very accurate. He doesn't have an elite arm but he can make all the throws. If they sign Manning I am taking Tannehill at 8 to sit for 2-3 years which is what he will need. This is a chance to solve the QB position for years and if you can get Manning and Tannehill, you do it.

As far as being a 2nd-3rd round pick, that is ridiculous. Depending how free agency shakes out, he may not make it to 8 for the Dolphins to select him.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    May be our only chance for a decent QB prospect. Who knows if he'll pan out ... like all QB prospects.

Common sense tells me Free Agent QBs won't be beating any paths to .500 teams ... doesn't fit their needs & help future earning potential or SB chance.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Sanchez was 'good' enough to be drafted at 6, then Tannehill would be a top 3 pick on ability & upside. As roman said, if we sign Manning, then yes, draft Tannehill in a heartbeat. There wouldn't be a better qb to learn from in the game.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote