Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who would not take Tannehill at #8 ?

1. -21
    6 of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be disgusted if we took him in the first 2 rounds to be honest. Tannehill is raw and it's unpredictable if his potential will be tapped. I don't want to draft a top 10 potential QB/WR who doesn't wow me during football games.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let somebody else reach for this overrated jackass. He's talented but he's very careless with the football in big situations. See his 2nd half vs OK St. Texas and his bowl game. If we get Peyton we should trade down and build up playmakers on both sides of the ball, waiting til the 3rd to draft a project QB. If we don't get Peyton we should trade down and draft Weeden who is a better prospect IMO.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd take Weeden and Cousins over Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im aboard with Tanney for sure the kid has very little body of work at QB when comparing to all the other QBs in this draft and the fact that hes being talked about as first round talent speaks volumes.. This kid is Legit yes raw but he led his team in recieving prior to getting switched then came right in and put up some pretty nice numbers won a bowl game and had very little talent around him....His Mechanics are much better than RG3s hes bigger and smarter than RG3 and is pretty fast as well oh and wait he beat RG3 this year in a blow out...Oh and another thing RG3 lost to every top tier QB he played this year hmmmmmm.....Bot line tanny will be a better pro in my oppinion!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia411 View Post
    Let somebody else reach for this overrated jackass. He's talented but he's very careless with the football in big situations. See his 2nd half vs OK St. Texas and his bowl game. If we get Peyton we should trade down and build up playmakers on both sides of the ball, waiting til the 3rd to draft a project QB. If we don't get Peyton we should trade down and draft Weeden who is a better prospect IMO.
    Im definately not on board with drafting about a six year shelf life qb who is probably no more ready to start than tanneyhill
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.W. GA.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    When you draft Tannehill you are drafting a ton of potential but limited experience. He has a quick release, very balanced in the pocket, spins the ball really well and is very accurate. He doesn't have an elite arm but he can make all the throws. If they sign Manning I am taking Tannehill at 8 to sit for 2-3 years which is what he will need. This is a chance to solve the QB position for years and if you can get Manning and Tannehill, you do it.

As far as being a 2nd-3rd round pick, that is ridiculous. Depending how free agency shakes out, he may not make it to 8 for the Dolphins to select him.
    I agree with everything you said here MadDog. I also think Tannehill should be our pick at 8 if he's still there and we get Manning.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Official Daunte Hater

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IF we get Manning, Tannehill would be a nice development project.

If we DONT get Manning, then i would go after Weeden at #8.

GO PHINS~!
    In Philbin I trust:

• As offensive coordinator (OC) of Green Bay from 07-10, his offenses ranked in the top 10 in both total yards and scoring.
    • Green Bay has reached the playoffs in three of Philbinís four seasons as OC.
    • As OC at Harvard (97-98), the Crimson established 15 offensive records.
    • Philbin spent four seasons (90-93) at Allegheny College, highlighted by two undefeated regular seasons and an NCAA Division III national championship in 90.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still think we should trade up for RG 3. I like Tannehill but I wouldn't select him with the 8th overall pick. I would trade back, get another pick and then select him anywhere from 12 and up.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hopefully.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Im definately not on board with drafting about a six year shelf life qb who is probably no more ready to start than tanneyhill
    I'm not an expert, but I watch a **** ton of college football, and in my humble opinion Weeden is a better prospect and is more ready to start than Tannehill. Again, I want Peyton first and foremost but if we can trade back for Weeden and pick up some playmakers in both the draft and FA, then I wouldn't hate that either.
    Weeden is 28, he's not 34. If he comes into the league and becomes a good QB relatively quickly (like I think he can) then nobody is going to be upset about our pro bowl 31 or 32 yr old quarterback. He has a chance at an 8 year good career if he works properly and plays in the right system.
    Quote Quote