Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sports Buzz: Dolphins want a vertical offense and notes on Misi, 4-3 MLB's

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Sports Buzz: Dolphins want a vertical offense and notes on Misi, 4-3 MLB's

Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said coach Joe Philbin wants an offense that will “go vertical, get the ball out quickly, spread it around to a lot of different players.” But Miami must adjust if Peyton Manning signs, because as Brian Billick said, “Why would you bring him in and not do what he does best?” But a Manning associate said he believes Manning would be receptive to blending in some of Philbin’s and Mike Sherman’s elements.

The Dolphins have told at least four people they want to play a 4-3 defense primarily, with some 3-4, and would be comfortable Karlos Dansby, Kevin Burnett or Koa Misi manning the middle. Ireland has raved about the potential of Dansby in that role, but Misi has good instincts for the spot, too.

Among the half dozen players linked to the Dolphins with the No. 8 pick, South Carolina linebacker/end Melvin Ingram helped himself at the NFL Combine and Alabama linebacker Courtney Upshaw hurt himself, with lack of explosiveness. But Ireland said he had his draft board set before the Combine “because they’re not playing football. They’re just running around in shorts.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nothing new here. ...
    If Peyton sign, we adjust to him.
    We will run the hybrid 3/4 - 4/3.
    This draft has a poor crop of pass rushing DE's/OLB's this year.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    nice to at least know that irelands board doesnt change a whole lot due to the combine.

reading that just off hand, it makes you think you can definately dismiss kuechly as a potential pick, unless of course its the smokescreen type stuff... lol

more and more everyday I just get more confused with what direction we are going to go in the draft whether it be a defensive LB, rusher or otherwise, or a offensive lineman, or offensive playmaker... maybe I should give ireland kudos for that... or i just overanalyze perhaps.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    nice to at least know that irelands board doesnt change a whole lot due to the combine.

reading that just off hand, it makes you think you can definately dismiss kuechly as a potential pick, unless of course its the smokescreen type stuff... lol

more and more everyday I just get more confused with what direction we are going to go in the draft whether it be a defensive LB, rusher or otherwise, or a offensive lineman, or offensive playmaker... maybe I should give ireland kudos for that... or i just overanalyze perhaps.
    I agree about the smokescreen. Not much is being discussed about Keuchly. I can see a scenario where we would take him. Nowadays, the staff deliberately send out misinformation and mixed signals on purpose. I think Ireland want to improve the defense, and Keuchly makes sense at #8.
    I would prefer an offensive play maker, but me thinks the pick will be defense.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post

I agree about Kuechly, If you don't draft him @ 8 there better be a better reason than Koa Misi.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    umm i would much rather see a de than a ol
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see us drafting two DE types where one becomes OLB. Two by two method again.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mfish41 View Post
    I agree about Kuechly, If you don't draft him @ 8 there better be a better reason than Koa Misi.
    I think its comical that people so readily dismiss Misi because he's not an edge rusher. Guess what?, neither is Kuechly or Ray Lewis.
    Fact is, none of use know if Misi can be effective as a MLB. Only the coaches who breakdown his film, pick his brain and watch him in practice can truly make that projection.
    What we do know is that he was a versatile player in college who played DE and OLB. For the Phins he was effective in setting the edge, playing the run, dropping into coverage and playing with a high motor. So, in that respect he's a good NFL player. Its ridiculous for anyone to call him a bust.
    The Steelers had success converting Timmons to an ILB, so why can't Misi play the position? From everything I've read about him, he's a hard worker, plays physically and smart.
    Reading some of the posts regarding Misi (on several threads), if the guy can't be a dominant outside pass rusher, he's automatically a failure. There is much more to playing defense than just collecting sacks.
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm not a huge booster of Manning coming here (due to concerns about his health), but if you bring in Peyton Manning, you bring in Peyton Manning. You implement a system he's comfortable with from day one. I think that's a no-brainer.
    God bless, I'll hang up and listen.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Finfansince75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we are set at Qb before the draft, it will be OL LB/DE and FS all along. Philbin likes Clay a whole lot, Fasano is still here, I see us getting a speedster who can actually get separation.

Quote Quote