Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sports Buzz: Dolphins want a vertical offense and notes on Misi, 4-3 MLB's

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    This draft has a poor crop of pass rushing DE's/OLB's this year.
    Are you smoking crack? That's one of the deeper positions of this draft.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    its not that misi doesnt collect a ton of sacks, it's just that he seems to just be a body out there. rarely did I ever see him even get penetration let alone a sack. I just never see him contribute much. I like keuchly a lot better than misi... to each his own.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The non-offseason hurt alot of players on this team. Misi I believe is one of them. Misi is decent in coverage, been a disappointment rushing the passer and setting the edge. I think he needs some inspiration and maybe the new DC brings that out.

The guy who came over from NO was good I thought. good depth in the middle if Misi inside is truth.

FA: Dmitiri Patterson (Vet min.w/ incentives)
    1. Zach Martin OT
    2. Bishop Sankey RB
    3. Brandon Thomas G/T
    4. Max Bullough ILB
    5. Crockett Gilmore TE
    6. Brandon Linder G/T
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a proud dragon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland every year has filled weakest spot on depth chart with 1st round pick, with the intention for him to start right away. Whatever we do in FA will determine IMO who we draft. Im 90% he will go offense. IMO we are looking at Reilly Reiff/DeCastro. Not saying my choice, but 1 of them 2, if not both will be available at #8 and would start immediately.

I would go DeCastro. Incognito is a far better RG than LG. Carey was a very good RT who was worse at RG. We would instantly improve the line and potentially have the best left side in football. Long -DeCastro-Pouncey-Incognito-Carey sounds superb.
    Re-sign
    Randy Starks DT
    Nolan Carroll CB
    Brent Grimes CB
    Chris Clemons FS

Sign
    Knowshon Moreno RB
    John Kuhn FB
    Zach Strief RT
    Shelley Smith OG
    Louis Delmas S
    Jared Veldheer LT

Draft
    1 - CJ Mosley ILB
    2 - Cyrus Kouandijio OT
    3 - Jarvis Landry WR
    4 - Antonio Richardson OT
    5 - Antone Exum CB
    6 - Brandon Linder OG
    7 - Marion Grice RB
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaniii View Post
    Ireland every year has filled weakest spot on depth chart with 1st round pick, with the intention for him to start right away. Whatever we do in FA will determine IMO who we draft. Im 90% he will go offense. IMO we are looking at Reilly Reiff/DeCastro. Not saying my choice 1 of them 2 will be available at #8 and would start immediately.

I would go DeCastro. Incognito is a far better RG than LG. Carey was a very good RT who was worse at RG. We would instantly improve the line and potentially have the best left side in football. Long -DeCastro-Pouncey-Incognito-Carey sounds superb.
    This is a good point particularly with Ireland having his board set prior to combine. Alot depends on Manning and Flynn IMO. Cus if they dont happen, things change. Tannehill, RG3 ect.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    its not that misi doesnt collect a ton of sacks, it's just that he seems to just be a body out there. rarely did I ever see him even get penetration let alone a sack. I just never see him contribute much. I like keuchly a lot better than misi... to each his own.
    Channing Crowder v 2.0

BTW, the Phinsider has Crowder in their Top 100 Dolphins ... just shows how fandom replaces football knowledge for so many folks.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a proud dragon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    This is a good point particularly with Ireland having his board set prior to combine. Alot depends on Manning and Flynn IMO. Cus if they dont happen, things change. Tannehill, RG3 ect.
    100% agree. Ireland and Ross have both stated they believe they have a 'win now' roster just short of a QB. In my mind 'winning now' is not conducive to a rookie QB. I believe we will go hard after Manning/Flynn and expect at minimum playoffs this year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Beach / Reno
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bwb8605 View Post
    Are you smoking crack? That's one of the deeper positions of this draft.
    Whatever you say scout.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaniii View Post
    Ireland every year has filled weakest spot on depth chart with 1st round pick, with the intention for him to start right away. Whatever we do in FA will determine IMO who we draft. Im 90% he will go offense. IMO we are looking at Reilly Reiff/DeCastro. Not saying my choice, but 1 of them 2, if not both will be available at #8 and would start immediately.

He never filled qb so your statement isnt true. Jared Odrick was not in our weakest spot. LT was not our weakest spot when we drafted Long, C was not our weakest spot last year. Cb may have been our weakest spot .
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Beach / Reno
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post

Good point normaniii, he does fill in the greatest need, and smartly so. The last couple of years we had glaring needs.
    This year is a toss up. If he can roll the dice and come up a winner with RGIII (which is perceived as a big need), I think he will make a splash. If he is out maneuvered, or the cost is ridiculous, he will likely stick to the greatest other need script. Like finfan pointed out, the final destination of Flynn and Manning will determine the course.
    I think Flynn's decision will come first, and then Manning. The discussions are probably intense right now. Everyone is trying to gauge what the others are trying to do. Who will sign first? We should know pretty soon.
    Quote Quote