Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sports Buzz: Dolphins want a vertical offense and notes on Misi, 4-3 MLB's

1. -31
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Koa Misi will not start at MLB. That is such a joke.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    I see us drafting two DE types where one becomes OLB. Two by two method again.
    I think (hope) that's exactly right.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No one is patient anymore.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Misi is a depth player fellas, his tools are extremly limited. Ask opposing lineman to sum up hs game and they will say two words: bull-rush. Considering we could of had Gronk, Misi was a fail..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't we here this every off-season>this team needs to be vertical. Blah, blah, blah. Just make this team good already. I could care less if it is vertical or not.

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    its not that misi doesnt collect a ton of sacks, it's just that he seems to just be a body out there. rarely did I ever see him even get penetration let alone a sack. I just never see him contribute much. I like keuchly a lot better than misi... to each his own.

Misi is brutual. He never makes any impact plays. I would love to see him in another uniform come 2012. I doubt it happens.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    He said fill weakest position with first round pick

2008- We had Carey at LT who wasnt the best but he was far from the weakest link on the line, he was probably our best lineman so that makes the statement untrue. We had John Beck at qb who was horrible in limited play
    2009-you might be correct]
    2010=we had merling and langford who were certainly better than many of the linemen on our team
    2011-C although not a strength was not as bad as our guards
    2008 - Carey was not good at LT and we did not have any RT. Nobody!
    2009 - We agree
    2010 - Our line was Long-Smiley-Grove-Thomas-Carey - at the end of 09 season projected as a top 5 line. If you look at depth chart going into draft there were no massive needs, but Ferguson has just been suspended for 8 games and FO wanted a better passrush and more rotation out of front. Im not saying I agree and maybe this is the one year u have an argument, but Ireland 100% had the intention of starting Odrick with Starks at NT.
    2011 - We had Incognito playing Centre and if not Joe Berger! Centre was definately a need!
    Draft
    1-WR-Marqise Lee
    2-DT-Louis Nix
    3-OG-Gabe Jackson
    4-QB-AJ McCarron
    5-DT-Daniel McCullers
    5-CB-Antone Exum
    6-OT-Antonio Richardson
    7-OT-Seantrel Henderson
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    THE FUTURE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said coach Joe Philbin wants an offense that will “go vertical, get the ball out quickly, spread it around to a lot of different players.” But Miami must adjust if Peyton Manning signs, because as Brian Billick said, “Why would you bring him in and not do what he does best?” But a Manning associate said he believes Manning would be receptive to blending in some of Philbin’s and Mike Sherman’s elements.

The Dolphins have told at least four people they want to play a 4-3 defense primarily, with some 3-4, and would be comfortable Karlos Dansby, Kevin Burnett or Koa Misi manning the middle. Ireland has raved about the potential of Dansby in that role, but Misi has good instincts for the spot, too.

Among the half dozen players linked to the Dolphins with the No. 8 pick, South Carolina linebacker/end Melvin Ingram helped himself at the NFL Combine and Alabama linebacker Courtney Upshaw hurt himself, with lack of explosiveness. But Ireland said he had his draft board set before the Combine “because they’re not playing football. They’re just running around in shorts.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
    upshaw is going to be a stud. just ask LSU about his explosiveness.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by josekareh View Post
    If we are set at Qb before the draft, it will be OL LB/DE and FS all along. Philbin likes Clay a whole lot, Fasano is still here, I see us getting a speedster who can actually get separation.
    imo we already have a speedster in Gates ,only if he can get better at route running and better catching the ball , imo if its peyton throwing Gates the ball there will be touch on it so Gates with a lil more pratice he will only get better.

Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaniii View Post
    2008 - Carey was not good at LT and we did not have any RT. Nobody!
    2009 - We agree
    2010 - Our line was Long-Smiley-Grove-Thomas-Carey - at the end of 09 season projected as a top 5 line. If you look at depth chart going into draft there were no massive needs, but Ferguson has just been suspended for 8 games and FO wanted a better passrush and more rotation out of front. Im not saying I agree and maybe this is the one year u have an argument, but Ireland 100% had the intention of starting Odrick with Starks at NT.
    2011 - We had Incognito playing Centre and if not Joe Berger! Centre was definately a need!

big arguement on 2008. Carey was an ok LT not the best but ok far from the biggest hole on the team. Qb had John Beck and thats about it. Wr was a bigger hole than LT
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote