Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Report: Browns unwilling to deal #22 to Rams

1. -41
    What is the frequency Kenneth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Out with your Mother
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    Yea I don't know why they would waste picks when at 4 they are going to get one of the 5 surefire 100% studs of the draft...

They other thing is that they should stay put and Griffen will fall to them if the Rams can't trade out because they are too aggressive...

The Vikings aren't going for QB...
    Vikings hold the cards, they could trade with Redskins or could force the Browns to swap picks to keep the Skins from RGIII. They are sitting in good shape right now. They know the Rams wont take RGIII so force them to pick at #2 and then deal with the Vikes. The 3rd pick will cost less than the second. Vikes would still get their presumable pick at 4, knowing the team picking 3 will take RGIII
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    THE FUTURE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    I think signing Peyton Manning is the best way to go, we would be competing for a super bowl in 2012. I am tired of waiting. But if we decide to go the way of the draft...
    I am starting to see it the same way. Normally I would never trade that kind of price for a player, but IMHO, RGIII is worth the gamble. If we can get him for no more than this, I think I would roll the dice.
    2012 - 1st(exchange) and 3rd
    2013 - 1st and 3rd
    Basically, we would pay a 1st, and 2 3rd round picks to move up 6 spots for RGIII.
    agree 100%. if we could end up basically stealing the second pick that would be fantastic. honestly, there is no price you can put on a franchise type of quarterback. If RG3 turns out to be that guy, I would trade the whole damn draft for him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinMagic View Post
    agree 100%. if we could end up basically stealing the second pick that would be fantastic. honestly, there is no price you can put on a franchise type of quarterback. If RG3 turns out to be that guy, I would trade the whole damn draft for him.

And so would I

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think the Vikings will be the key if the Rams are stuck with the 2nd pick. If thoer were more LT prospects in the top 10 we could possbily move down and pick up RG3.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't get why everyone is guarding these draft picks like they're gold. Prior to this regime, we have one 1st or 2nd round pick still on our roster (Vernon Carey - 2004)...ONE!!! With that said, if you can get a player who could even "potentially" be a franchise QB, I would be willing trade both 1st and 2nd round picks from this year and next, if that's what it took. Looking at our draft history prior to 2008, we wouldn't be giving up anything; relatively speaking.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Manning, Flynn, then RG3. Manning starts in 3 days, otherwise, Flynn starts in 9. With the Redskins about to get a call from the league in regards to some possible penalties for greg williams, who will be in NYC tommorrow and probly spilling his guts and looking at not coaching this year, we may suddenly see ourselves in a better position. Cleveland will not sell their pick(s) early because Holmgren will want to make sure RG3 is going to be his guy. Not what Shurmer says, what Holmgren says. Holmgren is the one essentially stating Browns will not give up their 22.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys are missing the point, if the price of griffin goes down then the fins can jump in and get him, fisher might get upset at the browns for not giving them what they originally wanted and decides not to include them in any trade scenarios, who says that the rams wanted blackmon? the way Bradford got beat up last season i would think O-line drafting is in order. Besides the Browns have Colt McCoy, who do the Browns have to catch the rock? Griffin might fall below Cleveland if blackmon is valued more than him on their chart.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree totally, draft picks are just draft picks, and they fail just like a 7th rounder or FA, if you build a system in which the player fits then it doesn't matter which round he is drafted in. (New England, Greenbay, Pittsburgh) are prime examples.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That won't happen if a bidding war occurs, the dolphins will pay the price for RGIII, Fins need to excite the fan base, either it's manning or griffin one of those Qbs will be in a dolphins uniform this season.
    Quote Quote