Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **Official** Halo 4 thread

1. -11
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not the biggest Halo fan, but ran across this:

Pure trailer, no gameplay:

"Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Not the biggest Halo fan, but ran across this:

Pure trailer, no gameplay:

Thanks man. I was going to update this post once I got to a computer, but that saves me some work. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Damn you Halo. Everytime a new one comes out i scoff it off and remind myself why i dislike the series. Then they do something clever and sure enough i find myself ordering it.

The Halo 4 team plans on releasing 5(free) co-op missions per week in a apparently growing storyline. Not sure how successful it will be, but damned if i wont be trying it out.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Damn you Halo. Everytime a new one comes out i scoff it off and remind myself why i dislike the series. Then they do something clever and sure enough i find myself ordering it.

The Halo 4 team plans on releasing 5(free) co-op missions per week in a apparently growing storyline. Not sure how successful it will be, but damned if i wont be trying it out.

Isn't that cool? You should have seen the boards over on Halo Waypoint when they originally announced it. Everyone was saying things like, "Spartan-ops? Can anyone say CoD copy cat? ". Crap like that. But only a small percentage of fans took notice of the fact that it is a story line driven co-op. And when they said there would be new weekly updates, for free, I was super excited. CoD special-ops is not story driven. That and the new game looks ten times better than any of the Bungie Halos, and I love Bungie.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Halo 4 could be the best one yet. So pumped for it.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was watching a review of Halo 4 on You Tube that said only the first season of Spartan-Ops will be free. But there was no information on how long a season will last. So that was a bit sad to hear.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    I was watching a review of Halo 4 on You Tube that said only the first season of Spartan-Ops will be free. But there was no information on how long a season will last. So that was a bit sad to hear.

Unfortunate, but not really unexpected, i was surprised they said it would be free. Could be like a MMO which makes patches(or in this case "seasons") every 3-4 months. As well, Mass Effect 3 has been pumping out free DLC content for its multiplayer for the last 4 months(not at a weekly basis by anymeans), so i would be pretty surprised if Halo didnt do it for at least that long.

3-4 months extra content for free does not sound like a bad deal to me in the least.

I obsessively loved the original Halo. But i felt that Halo 2 was one of the worst games ive every played. Combine that with Halo 3, which i felt that while it was extremely fitting "end" for the series but ultimately underwhelming, and my distaste for first person shooters i soured considerably on the series(though i enjoyed ODST). That being said, despite that very much biased opinion against the series, i feel that Halo Reach was one of the very few games out there that far exceeded its price tag. The amount of great content in that game was worth more then 60 bucks.
    By all indications Halo 4 has all the previous stuff and is adding more onto it. If they give us a few months worth of free content, then all the better.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Figured since we are getting close to the release date I would update this thread.

This is the a video talking about the new bad guys, the Forerunners/Prometheans:

Here is a video on a couple of the campaign missions that have been played by the media so far:

Armor abilities walk through video:

Armory walk through. Though I am pretty sure these are just the few armors that are unlocked at first as opposed to everything that can be unlocked:

Promethean enemies and weapons: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Hal...ges-46670.html

Covenant weapons. Beam rifle is back baby!:

UNSC (human) weapons:

On the side of objective multiplayer I know there have been quite a few updates. In odd ball and Griff Ball you can know throw the "ball". Which is just awesome. They just announced that during a game of Infection (zombies) 2 infected players will start the game as Flood combat forms against a team of 10 humans. And the Flood players will have a Flood "claw" arm instead of the sword.

In campaign there is also a derivable mech called a Mantis.

Except for a couple of poor redesigns (legendary emblem and the Jackal) I really like what I see.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here is the Gameplay Launch trailer. I am super stoked about this game. November 6th can't get here soon enough.

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    I wish I could play first person games.
    Quote Quote