Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: **Official** Halo 4 thread

  1. -21
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,623
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

    Re: **Official** Halo 4 thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    I wish I could play first person games.
    And why can't you? Just don't like them?

    Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Thumper1016's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,580
    vCash:
    9910
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    I don't know what it is but something with the camera view makes me sick to my stomach every time.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,623
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    I don't know what it is but something with the camera view makes me sick to my stomach every time.
    Oh. Motion sickness. My girlfriend is like that too. We tried watching Quarantine once at home and the longer the movie went on, the farther down in the chair she sank. We had to stop watching just short of her hitting the floor.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Thumper1016's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,580
    vCash:
    9910
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Yeah it sucks because there are a lot of FP games I would love to play. I am sure I have missed out on alot of good games.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,623
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Halo 4 Reviews

    Game Informer - 9.5
    IGN- 9.8
    1UP.com- A-
    Inside Gaming- 10/10 (This one admittedly is a little bias as the guy who reviews it is a uber Halo fan, LOL)
    X-Play- 4.5/5
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,729
    vCash:
    2354
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Beat me to it Shifty. IGN is calling for it to be game of the year.

    Video review for those interested, graphics look stunning:



    It looks like they did alot of small things i approve of. For example: facial animations. From the review, it looks like they nailed it. They compared it to LA Noire, but to me it looks more realistic in this game. Hell of a start for 343 industries.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,623
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Beat me to it Shifty. IGN is calling for it to be game of the year.

    Video review for those interested, graphics look stunning:



    It looks like they did alot of small things i approve of. For example: facial animations. From the review, it looks like they nailed it. They compared it to LA Noire, but to me it looks more realistic in this game. Hell of a start for 343 industries.
    Pfft. Course I did. I am nuts for Halo like you are for mass Effect. LOL! Tuesday can't get here soon enough!!!

    As for the "small things", if you really want to appreciate this game you need to read the books. 343 has made it a point to incorporate the expanded universe of Halo. Unlike Bungie who pulled a George Lucas as just ignored the fictions that others created to help shape their universe.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,729
    vCash:
    2354
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Pfft. Course I did. I am nuts for Halo like you are for mass Effect. LOL! Tuesday can't get here soon enough!!!

    As for the "small things", if you really want to appreciate this game you need to read the books. 343 has made it a point to incorporate the expanded universe of Halo. Unlike Bungie who pulled a George Lucas as just ignored the fictions that others created to help shape their universe.


    Well, i meant "the little things" more directed at in game stuff. The review made a point of mentioning the sound effects. Things like the rattling of guns and Master Chiefs armor sliding and clanking against itself. Effects like that could be considered minor, but add a level of realism to it that helps the player get into the game. The biggest thing 343 nailed was the story, from the sound of it. It would have been incrediable easy for this studio to make a game involving big explosions and Master Chief running through set pieces. Instead, it looks like they focused on a very human story: the friendship of Chief and Cortana. Its ambitious and it sounds like they nailed it. I very much appreciate that.

    Im currently playing through the Assassin's Creed series and a few games ago they took away a romantic love interest from the main character. Having spent 3 games building that up, youd think the main character would have some regret over it. I kid you not, there was a single sentence from the main character concerning it in the following game. Im working through the latest game now and still no real mention of it. Im glad Halo didnt make a similar mistake.

    As for the fiction, i actually read one of the books. It was after the original game, think it concerned the fall of Reach. It was.....alright. I couldnt get into the following stuff. Relatively recently, ive had people try and convince me to give it another go(think they specifically pointed out "Cole Protocol" if i recall correctly?). Just havent had the interest in it thus far. If Halo 4 knocks the feet out from under me, ill probably give it another try.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,623
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post


    Well, i meant "the little things" more directed at in game stuff. The review made a point of mentioning the sound effects. Things like the rattling of guns and Master Chiefs armor sliding and clanking against itself. Effects like that could be considered minor, but add a level of realism to it that helps the player get into the game. The biggest thing 343 nailed was the story, from the sound of it. It would have been incrediable easy for this studio to make a game involving big explosions and Master Chief running through set pieces. Instead, it looks like they focused on a very human story: the friendship of Chief and Cortana. Its ambitious and it sounds like they nailed it. I very much appreciate that.

    Im currently playing through the Assassin's Creed series and a few games ago they took away a romantic love interest from the main character. Having spent 3 games building that up, youd think the main character would have some regret over it. I kid you not, there was a single sentence from the main character concerning it in the following game. Im working through the latest game now and still no real mention of it. Im glad Halo didnt make a similar mistake.

    As for the fiction, i actually read one of the books. It was after the original game, think it concerned the fall of Reach. It was.....alright. I couldnt get into the following stuff. Relatively recently, ive had people try and convince me to give it another go(think they specifically pointed out "Cole Protocol" if i recall correctly?). Just havent had the interest in it thus far. If Halo 4 knocks the feet out from under me, ill probably give it another try.
    Fall of Reach is one of the best book because it reveals how the Spartans were made. And that is the book that Bungie ignored when making Halo: Reach. They threw the canon all to hell by making Reach. 343 has since patched it up with some fiction that made both work. But it shouldn't have never happened in the first place. As for the rest of the books, they are all pretty good. Except the novelization of the first game, called The Flood, that was terrible. The newest books out by Greg Bear (Forerunner trilogy) and Karen Traviss all tie directly into the new video games. But the other books help as well.

    As for the graphics and the sounds, you are right. It blows my mind that this is a Halo game.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,623
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

    Re: **Official** Halo 4 thread

    So I have been playing he new game for a bit now. I haven't finished the game yet, but this is looking to be the best halo yet!

    The opening cinematic is PC quality and total fan service. The new CoD style controls are a welcomed change and fit just fine in the universe. LOVE being able to sprint. As Spesh said earlier, the sound in the game is amazing. Though I think they need to tone down the worthog a little. But if this game wins any awards this year it will be for sound design.

    I haven't played must of the multiplayer. But what I have played in really like. It is fun like Halo 2 and 3 were.

    Overall, if you own an xbox this is a must own title.

    Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Halo: CE Anniversary and Halo 4 announced
    By DisturbedShifty in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 01:04 AM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:55 AM
  3. Anti-Halo Guys will Hate Halo Even More Now
    By mor911 in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 06:50 AM
  5. The Official Halo 3 Beta Thread
    By Phin-o-rama in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •