Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Ringing Endorsements - J.E.T.S

  1. -21
    mrodriguez4096's Avatar
    Surprise Everyone Fins!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    719
    vCash:
    1267
    Loc:
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    We were 8-8 and look at all the attention we received. We will never be Miami irrelevant w/ Rex.

    Last I checked in 2010 we beat BOTH Manning and Brayd on the ROAD in the playoffs. yes I would expect wins w/ both in the division, I would expect to split w/ both teams.

    congrats for being in most games but you actually lost many games by double digits and started 0-7. That's not the sign of a good team.

    If you always have as much or more talent why do you have 8 less wins over the last 3 seasons?
    Spare me the QB excuse since you guys think Sanchez stinks


    I am honest about Manning, I don't bow down b/c he puts up great fantasy #s playing mostly in domes. You remind me of all the people that attacked me on here when I said Daunte Culpepper was overrated.

    The jets are behind Sanchez but HOF QBs don't shake free often and the Jets explore every avenue to get better.

    Our team is a joke at 8-8, what does that make Miami?
    - Your so predictable it's not even funny. How did I know that would be your response? What does '10 have to do with heading into '12 season? Nothing, except in that world you live in. The end of the '11 season tells you all you need to know about where the Jets are going and that's no where. Your a joke of a team and that's the truth. No spinning that now until the season starts and the opposite is proven.

    - Started 0-7 and lost by double digit losses, we were a bad team which is why changes were made. Funny that you call that a bad team but in the same breath you say your team had "a bad year". Your nothing but a troll that believes that his opinion is somehow fact. If the dolphins, in your mind was a bad team, then the Jets need to be worse due to how they trended towards the end of the season. You can dismiss momentum all you want but that is fact. The Dolphins have made changes, what have the Jets done? Nothing, so why believe that somehow magically they will be better now?

    - Funny that you say that, because you now have one of the biggest reason this team was so bad (Sprano). Go ahead and cherry pick the stats of when he was with the Cowboys. If that helps you sleep well at night then congrats, I'll be here to read your excuses for when the Jets are doing worst next season. I'm sure you'll blame the defense again because it'll never be the fault of Sanchez.

    - LOL......The Jets are behind Sanchez?? How can you possibly type that? No, they are not behind Sanchez, if they were behind Sanchez then they wouldn't be chasing Manning. Save me the "Jets exploring every avenue" crap. Your Gm and coaches career are currently in the hands of Sanchez and they know they are in trouble with how Sanchez folded when pressure was there. They are trying to save their jobs by trying to upgrade the QB position.

    Sanchez has this upcoming season to prove he's worth anything. If he stinks up the joint like last season then they are releasing him because of his contract. I'll be here to laugh at you for all the garbage you talked about him.

    The Dolphins were a joke last season, hence the change. I can admit that, you can't. You'll continue with excuses and keep claiming the Jets will once again be a top team.

    In your world the Jets are great, reality says otherwise. They need a lot of help and aren't nearly as good as you believe them to be. So you better hope they either have great draft of picks up and some good FA. Because if you field the team that you did to close the season your team will not be competitive.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,232
    vCash:
    21000
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrodriguez4096 View Post
    - Your so predictable it's not even funny. How did I know that would be your response? What does '10 have to do with heading into '12 season? Nothing, except in that world you live in. The end of the '11 season tells you all you need to know about where the Jets are going and that's no where. Your a joke of a team and that's the truth. No spinning that now until the season starts and the opposite is proven.

    - Started 0-7 and lost by double digit losses, we were a bad team which is why changes were made. Funny that you call that a bad team but in the same breath you say your team had "a bad year". Your nothing but a troll that believes that his opinion is somehow fact. If the dolphins, in your mind was a bad team, then the Jets need to be worse due to how they trended towards the end of the season. You can dismiss momentum all you want but that is fact. The Dolphins have made changes, what have the Jets done? Nothing, so why believe that somehow magically they will be better now?

    - Funny that you say that, because you now have one of the biggest reason this team was so bad (Sprano). Go ahead and cherry pick the stats of when he was with the Cowboys. If that helps you sleep well at night then congrats, I'll be here to read your excuses for when the Jets are doing worst next season. I'm sure you'll blame the defense again because it'll never be the fault of Sanchez.

    - LOL......The Jets are behind Sanchez?? How can you possibly type that? No, they are not behind Sanchez, if they were behind Sanchez then they wouldn't be chasing Manning. Save me the "Jets exploring every avenue" crap. Your Gm and coaches career are currently in the hands of Sanchez and they know they are in trouble with how Sanchez folded when pressure was there. They are trying to save their jobs by trying to upgrade the QB position.

    Sanchez has this upcoming season to prove he's worth anything. If he stinks up the joint like last season then they are releasing him because of his contract. I'll be here to laugh at you for all the garbage you talked about him.

    The Dolphins were a joke last season, hence the change. I can admit that, you can't. You'll continue with excuses and keep claiming the Jets will once again be a top team.

    In your world the Jets are great, reality says otherwise. They need a lot of help and aren't nearly as good as you believe them to be. So you better hope they either have great draft of picks up and some good FA. Because if you field the team that you did to close the season your team will not be competitive.
    Please explain something, if 2010(just one season ago) has nothing to do w/ 2012 then what does Peyton's career have to do w/ 2012?

    The end of '11 tells us everything, we should discard '09 and '10(2/3 of Sanchez's career) and we should also ignore that we beat Peyton on the road in the playoffs and ignore Peyton is old, coming off major injury and missed the 2011 season but he'll snap back into 2004 form

    Our team has proven they can win, your team hasn't competed for a playoff spot since 2008 and hasn't won a playoff game since 2000.

    Momentum from waht? b/c you won a meaningless game in week 17 you have momentum? In our last non playoff season we lost 4 of 5 to end the season and Miami won the division- how did that momentum help Miami and hurt us in 2009?

    Yes, now Tony sucks and it was his fault. a few years ago he was better than Rex, last year it was Dan henning's fault and now it's all the fault of Tony. SB here you come!

    I blamed Sanchez for his part, he played a role as did the D, STs, OL, RBs, WRs,... it was a team effort to blow the 2011 season.

    The Jets asking about Manning does not mean they are chasing him. Every move made this offseason has been designed to help Sanchez.

    Sanchez had career high #s across the board, he didn't take the step forward we hoped but he didn't stink it up either.

    The dolphins have been a joke for a decade+

    The jets aren't great, the Jets stunk to end the '11 season but I'll take the track record of '09 and '10 over the bad last month of '11.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    mrodriguez4096's Avatar
    Surprise Everyone Fins!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    719
    vCash:
    1267
    Loc:
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Please explain something, if 2010(just one season ago) has nothing to do w/ 2012 then what does Peyton's career have to do w/ 2012?

    The end of '11 tells us everything, we should discard '09 and '10(2/3 of Sanchez's career) and we should also ignore that we beat Peyton on the road in the playoffs and ignore Peyton is old, coming off major injury and missed the 2011 season but he'll snap back into 2004 form

    Our team has proven they can win, your team hasn't competed for a playoff spot since 2008 and hasn't won a playoff game since 2000.

    Momentum from waht? b/c you won a meaningless game in week 17 you have momentum? In our last non playoff season we lost 4 of 5 to end the season and Miami won the division- how did that momentum help Miami and hurt us in 2009?

    Yes, now Tony sucks and it was his fault. a few years ago he was better than Rex, last year it was Dan henning's fault and now it's all the fault of Tony. SB here you come!

    I blamed Sanchez for his part, he played a role as did the D, STs, OL, RBs, WRs,... it was a team effort to blow the 2011 season.

    The Jets asking about Manning does not mean they are chasing him. Every move made this offseason has been designed to help Sanchez.

    Sanchez had career high #s across the board, he didn't take the step forward we hoped but he didn't stink it up either.

    The dolphins have been a joke for a decade+

    The jets aren't great, the Jets stunk to end the '11 season but I'll take the track record of '09 and '10 over the bad last month of '11.
    Just keep repeating yourself over and over again. I'm sure you'll find someone who cares. It won't be here though.

    It would be nice if you could hold a conversation like some other Jets fans have done here but your stubborness and self inflated self worth to this forum make you very annoying.

    All you do is repeat yourself, claim that he/she is whining when they don't agree with your opinions and really don't bring anything to the conversation except the hope to write something that will allow you to up your post count or cherry picked stats to back up what your saying. Only you believe you bring anything of worth towards a debate. I truly do wish you'd get banned for just wasting bandwidth here because your obviously not welcomed here.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,602
    vCash:
    19100
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The difference is the young QBs Miami has tried haven't been high picks, they haven't drafted a QB in rd 1 since 1983. 1st rounders aren't guaranteed either but you would think at some point in the last decade+ w/o marino that they would have taken a shot on a 1st rd QB.

    Miami getting Manning doesn't make the Jets irrelevant, the Jets will never be irrelevant as long as Rex is here. Miami will get all the hype as the challenger to NE that we have gotten but the Jets will not be irrelevant and Miami can have the press, I just want wins.

    The dolphinsn have done what w/o a real QB? miss the playoffs every year? Miami has talent, it's not nearly as good as you think it is but if you get a healthy Peyton you can definitely be a WC team and probably one and done in postseason. if you think all of a sudden you are a SB team that is just wishful thinking.
    So the Jets with Sanchez are a SB team yet the Dolphins with Manning are one and done. This makes zero sense in the real world.



    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,602
    vCash:
    19100
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    congrats for being in most games but you actually lost many games by double digits and started 0-7. That's not the sign of a good team.
    Losing 5 games by a total of 11 points as the Dolphins did showed they aren't as ****ty as you think. It also means they weren't collectively good enough to get those wins either. Their worst loss was losing by 18 at your Hall of Fame squad's stadium, then 14 pts to NE, 10 twice to San Diego and Houston, and 16 to Philly late in the year.

    But then the Jets lost 5 games by 10+ pts and 6 by 9+ pts. What does it all equate to? Not much. Neither team was good enough in 2011 to get anywhere.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    71
    vCash:
    2037
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jets finished 8-8, Phins finished 6-10. Both teams did squat all year. I am curious why there is a heated debate over which team was better or worse during that body of work. Peyton may go to Miami, it is a real possibility and Miami gets instantly better at the QB position. Thats great news. Regardless of roster talent and such, Miami and NY always play each other tough. I'm ok with that. Why don't we wait till at least free agency really gets rolling before we start the pissing contests.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,232
    vCash:
    21000
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    So the Jets with Sanchez are a SB team yet the Dolphins with Manning are one and done. This makes zero sense in the real world.
    Marck Sanchez 4-2 in postseason, Peyton Manning 9-10. Sanchez led Jets 1-1 against Peyton led more talented Colts in postseason w/ both games on the road.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    393
    vCash:
    1197
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Junc thinks they don't need Manning because he's delusional about Sanchez's ability to play Quarterback. No doubt about it they should go after Manning. Who cares about Mark's feelings, he's a scrub anyways.
    People need to realize that nobody is getting the Peyton Manning of 3 or 4 years ago. Even with a healthy neck, you're still taking about a 36 year old athlete. These are the years of decline. All I know is, Sanchez threw 26 more TD's than Peyton did last season. The guy hasn't taken a football hit since January of 2011. If he had one neck surgery, that would be risky enough ... but three?? You might get a season out of him ... or maybe two ... or maybe 4 games. There's no way to tell.

    I don't care what the doctors say ... I wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole, and I'm much happier sticking to the plan, and going forward with Sanchez.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,232
    vCash:
    21000
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by truthbtold View Post
    People need to realize that nobody is getting the Peyton Manning of 3 or 4 years ago. Even with a healthy neck, you're still taking about a 36 year old athlete. These are the years of decline. All I know is, Sanchez threw 26 more TD's than Peyton did last season. The guy hasn't taken a football hit since January of 2011. If he had one neck surgery, that would be risky enough ... but three?? You might get a season out of him ... or maybe two ... or maybe 4 games. There's no way to tell.

    I don't care what the doctors say ... I wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole, and I'm much happier sticking to the plan, and going forward with Sanchez.
    and the last time he did throw a football in a game he couldn't convert a 3rd down which set up a long FG and gave Mark sanchez too much time to come back to win the game.

    Mark Sanchez will never be regular season Peyton manning, Mark Sanchez though is not afraid of the big spot which Peyton has been his entire career. Add that to:

    -cost to sign him
    -releasing promising young QB
    -cap space
    -36 years old
    -new system for first time in forever
    -coming off major injury wher he missed season

    It would have been asinine for us to go after him.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by truthbtold View Post
    People need to realize that nobody is getting the Peyton Manning of 3 or 4 years ago. Even with a healthy neck, you're still taking about a 36 year old athlete. These are the years of decline. All I know is, Sanchez threw 26 more TD's than Peyton did last season. The guy hasn't taken a football hit since January of 2011. If he had one neck surgery, that would be risky enough ... but three?? You might get a season out of him ... or maybe two ... or maybe 4 games. There's no way to tell.

    I don't care what the doctors say ... I wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole, and I'm much happier sticking to the plan, and going forward with Sanchez.
    i think the world is flat. i dont care what scientists say.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Dolphins' Endorsements
    By MichaelBusiness in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 05:45 PM
  2. Beck, Booker miss OTA's for....endorsements?
    By jason8er in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 05:58 PM
  3. Newspaper and Media Endorsements
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 08:52 PM
  4. Kerry-Endorsements Still Rolling-In
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 06:38 PM
  5. Not exactly a ringing endorsement from the EDGE
    By PHANTASTIC 13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 10:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •