Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ringing Endorsements - J.E.T.S

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    you mean peyton manning wont "play like a jet", lol. were you excited when favre came there? peyton is younger and better than favre. you only dont want him because you know he doesnt want to come there and wont. besides, the jest would be one of the worst teams to go to, they have sanchezs contract (the old rookie contract scale) and you guys have some holes you need to fill to get back on track, they dont need to be spending money on more qbs. if they sign manning, they will have no money left.

given our draft position, we arent getting RGIII, matt flynn i am not sold on, but i guess philbin knows better than anyone if he is the real deal. that only leaves manning, we have to hope he signs and is healthy.
    Clearly you don't know me b/c I was 100% against releasing Chad to trade for Favre. This would be much worse than Favre b/c it would cost us more money, more cap space and cost us a promising young QB.

If Peyton wants to win he'd want to come here, I don't think he'd want to come here for 3 reasons:

1- same city as Brother who has moved past him
    2- same division as Brady
    3- cold weather

dont you guys need another wr? what about running back? i know jet fans like greene but i think you need some depth. what about your front 7? i think you need a little mor than a RT.
    Yes, I would like another RB to share the load w/ Greene and yes we need another WR which I hope will be a healthy Braylon.

Other than the reasons I mentioned above for not wanting Manning I also don't want him b/c he's getting old, he's coming off major surgery and missing a year and when in his prime and 100% healthy w/ better talent around him he struggled in January. it's foolish to expect this version to come into a new system for the first time in 15 years to take the Jets or the Dolphins to a SB when w/ more talent in his prime he could barely do that w/ Indy.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Clearly you don't know me b/c I was 100% against releasing Chad to trade for Favre. This would be much worse than Favre b/c it would cost us more money, more cap space and cost us a promising young QB.

If Peyton wants to win he'd want to come here, I don't think he'd want to come here for 3 reasons:

1- same city as Brother who has moved past him
    2- same division as Brady
    3- cold weather

Yes, I would like another RB to share the load w/ Greene and yes we need another WR which I hope will be a healthy Braylon.

Other than the reasons I mentioned above for not wanting Manning I also don't want him b/c he's getting old, he's coming off major surgery and missing a year and when in his prime and 100% healthy w/ better talent around him he struggled in January. it's foolish to expect this version to come into a new system for the first time in 15 years to take the Jets or the Dolphins to a SB when w/ more talent in his prime he could barely do that w/ Indy.
    Given the dolphins options at qb. I think manning would be a better fit than giving up the draft for RGIII or signing an unproven flynn. Wouldnt you think? We have veteran talent now and need to exploit it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Given the dolphins options at qb. I think manning would be a better fit than giving up the draft for RGIII or signing an unproven flynn. Wouldnt you think? We have veteran talent now and need to exploit it.
    I think you guys certianly have talent but I wouldn't classify it as old talent, I would prefer a young QB to build around. It's been proven you can win w/ young QBs and the question is do you want Peyton for 3-4 more seasons probably 1-2 at a higher level or another young QB for the next decade? If you believe Peyton is close to 100% then it makes more sense but I think as much of a crapshoot as it is w/ Flynn or RG III it kind of is w/ Peyton not knowing if he can w/stand the pounding of an NFL season, knowing how much money he'll command and cap space he'll eat, not knowing if he can play at an elite level anymore. As an opponent I'd rather see you get Manning b/c although it would make you tougher now that won't last long whereas a young QB could torment us for the next 10+
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    coral springs, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lockeroom stuff is 99 percent media creation
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen617 View Post
    Yeah, you could tell that by how well they were getting along on the field at the end of the season.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen617 View Post
    dang. so the media made holmes get his ass kicked out of the huddle. the media made rex ryan cry like a little bitch in the locker room? the media made all of the veteran players come out and say the team had fallen apart. you sir, are a miracle.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Surprise Everyone Fins!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you guys certianly have talent but I wouldn't classify it as old talent, I would prefer a young QB to build around. It's been proven you can win w/ young QBs and the question is do you want Peyton for 3-4 more seasons probably 1-2 at a higher level or another young QB for the next decade? If you believe Peyton is close to 100% then it makes more sense but I think as much of a crapshoot as it is w/ Flynn or RG III it kind of is w/ Peyton not knowing if he can w/stand the pounding of an NFL season, knowing how much money he'll command and cap space he'll eat, not knowing if he can play at an elite level anymore. As an opponent I'd rather see you get Manning b/c although it would make you tougher now that won't last long whereas a young QB could torment us for the next 10+
    - While you are correct that you can win with a young qb, the Dolphins have proven over the recent years that putting your eggs in a young qb is more of a crap shoot then taking a flyer on Manning now. Again, the draft, FA(Flynn) isn't a sure thing. I'd love to know that the Dolphins have the chance to get that qb that will be here for the next ten years but after all of these years of trying to go that route I am tired of it, especially when you have the chance to get an elite ability like Manning (while the injury is a concern, but from reports is he is progressing well).

- Again, you say that as if the Dolphins will continue to ignore the qb position if/when Manning is signed. I believe that with this new regime they realize that this team has fumbled the ball for far too long without a realistic option at the qb position.

If the Dolphins are able to land Manning (assuming he is a healthy Manning) the Jets immediatly become irrelavent. I say that because the Dolphins have done what they've done without a real qb (personally I haven't been sold on Moore). Please save your response if your going to repeat yourself about them doing what they did "once the season was over with". The talent is there on offense and defense, we have been missing that one missing piece (qb) since Marino.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrodriguez4096 View Post
    - While you are correct that you can win with a young qb, the Dolphins have proven over the recent years that putting your eggs in a young qb is more of a crap shoot then taking a flyer on Manning now. Again, the draft, FA(Flynn) isn't a sure thing. I'd love to know that the Dolphins have the chance to get that qb that will be here for the next ten years but after all of these years of trying to go that route I am tired of it, especially when you have the chance to get an elite ability like Manning (while the injury is a concern, but from reports is he is progressing well).

- Again, you say that as if the Dolphins will continue to ignore the qb position if/when Manning is signed. I believe that with this new regime they realize that this team has fumbled the ball for far too long without a realistic option at the qb position.

If the Dolphins are able to land Manning (assuming he is a healthy Manning) the Jets immediatly become irrelavent. I say that because the Dolphins have done what they've done without a real qb (personally I haven't been sold on Moore). Please save your response if your going to repeat yourself about them doing what they did "once the season was over with". The talent is there on offense and defense, we have been missing that one missing piece (qb) since Marino.
    The difference is the young QBs Miami has tried haven't been high picks, they haven't drafted a QB in rd 1 since 1983. 1st rounders aren't guaranteed either but you would think at some point in the last decade+ w/o marino that they would have taken a shot on a 1st rd QB.

Miami getting Manning doesn't make the Jets irrelevant, the Jets will never be irrelevant as long as Rex is here. Miami will get all the hype as the challenger to NE that we have gotten but the Jets will not be irrelevant and Miami can have the press, I just want wins.

The dolphinsn have done what w/o a real QB? miss the playoffs every year? Miami has talent, it's not nearly as good as you think it is but if you get a healthy Peyton you can definitely be a WC team and probably one and done in postseason. if you think all of a sudden you are a SB team that is just wishful thinking.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Surprise Everyone Fins!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The difference is the young QBs Miami has tried haven't been high picks, they haven't drafted a QB in rd 1 since 1983. 1st rounders aren't guaranteed either but you would think at some point in the last decade+ w/o marino that they would have taken a shot on a 1st rd QB.

Miami getting Manning doesn't make the Jets irrelevant, the Jets will never be irrelevant as long as Rex is here. Miami will get all the hype as the challenger to NE that we have gotten but the Jets will not be irrelevant and Miami can have the press, I just want wins.

The dolphinsn have done what w/o a real QB? miss the playoffs every year? Miami has talent, it's not nearly as good as you think it is but if you get a healthy Peyton you can definitely be a WC team and probably one and done in postseason. if you think all of a sudden you are a SB team that is just wishful thinking.

- If by never being irrelevant you mean he won't shut his mouth and continue to write checks his team won't cover, then you are correct.

- Your such a homer so I don't expect an honest answer here but how can you expect wins when the Jets would have to face Brady and Manning twice? I know you'll use that the Jets beat them in the playoffs, blah, blah blah. All that means.........what now?? Nothing!! Especially with how terrible the Jets finished the season and how bad their team is. Stop acting like your a tweak here or there from being good.

- The Dolphins beat your crappy team. The Dolphins were in most games last year, again without a legit qb. Again, save it please, I don't want to read the same garbage you right about the players starting to play once the season is lost. That not only makes you sound d--b but it shows your true jealousy against this team when you have to look for excuses to justify anything they do positive.

- Dolphins have as much talent, if not more, then the Jets. Your opinion can differ but that's ok. Your also the one who believes Sanchez is a franchise qb, so that shows how much weight your opinion has....

- Has either Manning banged your high school girlfriend? Your jealousy towards them is down right laughable. Anything they do you'll cherry pick whatever stat to state why YOU believe they aren't good. You can continue with you excuse (opinion) that he had more talent in Indy then he would here, so that excuse alone is your premise for Manning and the Dolphins being "one and done in the postseason" is as laughable as you claiming that Sanchez will be the qb for the Jets for the next 10yrs.

- Find me where I said the Dolphins would be a SB team? I don't talk out of my as- like you. If I write something it's based on what I see with my own eyes.

Shows how laughable the Jets are, must be killing you, watching/hearing the Jets interested in Manning. Thought they were behind Sanchez? Thought that it was the media, opposing fans, <insert excuse> why all the negativity was on Sanchez?

Face it, your team is currently a joke, so much so that your only QB to win a title for your team said their locker room issues needed to get fixed first before Manning would consider your team.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrodriguez4096 View Post

- If by never being irrelevant you mean he won't shut his mouth and continue to write checks his team won't cover, then you are correct.

- Your such a homer so I don't expect an honest answer here but how can you expect wins when the Jets would have to face Brady and Manning twice? I know you'll use that the Jets beat them in the playoffs, blah, blah blah. All that means.........what now?? Nothing!! Especially with how terrible the Jets finished the season and how bad their team is. Stop acting like your a tweak here or there from being good.

- The Dolphins beat your crappy team. The Dolphins were in most games last year, again without a legit qb. Again, save it please, I don't want to read the same garbage you right about the players starting to play once the season is lost. That not only makes you sound d--b but it shows your true jealousy against this team when you have to look for excuses to justify anything they do positive.

- Dolphins have as much talent, if not more, then the Jets. Your opinion can differ but that's ok. Your also the one who believes Sanchez is a franchise qb, so that shows how much weight your opinion has....

- Has either Manning banged your high school girlfriend? Your jealousy towards them is down right laughable. Anything they do you'll cherry pick whatever stat to state why YOU believe they aren't good. You can continue with you excuse (opinion) that he had more talent in Indy then he would here, so that excuse alone is your premise for Manning and the Dolphins being "one and done in the postseason" is as laughable as you claiming that Sanchez will be the qb for the Jets for the next 10yrs.

- Find me where I said the Dolphins would be a SB team? I don't talk out of my as- like you. If I write something it's based on what I see with my own eyes.

Shows how laughable the Jets are, must be killing you, watching/hearing the Jets interested in Manning. Thought they were behind Sanchez? Thought that it was the media, opposing fans, <insert excuse> why all the negativity was on Sanchez?

Face it, your team is currently a joke, so much so that your only QB to win a title for your team said their locker room issues needed to get fixed first before Manning would consider your team.
    We were 8-8 and look at all the attention we received. We will never be Miami irrelevant w/ Rex.

Last I checked in 2010 we beat BOTH Manning and Brayd on the ROAD in the playoffs. yes I would expect wins w/ both in the division, I would expect to split w/ both teams.

congrats for being in most games but you actually lost many games by double digits and started 0-7. That's not the sign of a good team.

If you always have as much or more talent why do you have 8 less wins over the last 3 seasons? Spare me the QB excuse since you guys think Sanchez stinks

I am honest about Manning, I don't bow down b/c he puts up great fantasy #s playing mostly in domes. You remind me of all the people that attacked me on here when I said Daunte Culpepper was overrated.

The jets are behind Sanchez but HOF QBs don't shake free often and the Jets explore every avenue to get better.

Our team is a joke at 8-8, what does that make Miami?
    Quote Quote