Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Term of Service

1. -1
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks

New Term of Service

Hello To All Members:

A new term of service will be initiated starting tonight. According to Section 11 of the Terms of Service (click here):

Avatars and signatures should not have any type of nudity or be too risque. Basically, nothing sexually explicit. We believe this is fair as avatars and signatures are in every forum, in some forums these pictures may or may not be allowed. Thus, there should be no pictures, as stated above, in one's avatar or signature. However, images such as stated in the above may be posted in The Ladies Lounge.

If you have any questions, please ask. However, please keep in mind that if it's a question like, "Is this picture ok?" then it most likely isn't, and thus just post it in The Ladies Lounge, which is located within The Lounge.

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum
    AJ Tatum

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up."
    - Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    F*** YOU WAYNE!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It was just some skin bro. What is risque about it? Nip was covered. I honestly don't understand.

That was a planned stunt and it was OK for CBS but not an internet message board?

I understand its your site and board and all, I just don't understand why its risque. Edit: It DEFINITELY isn't sexually explicit.
    Last edited by NavyFishFan; 02-02-2004 at 12:48 AM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Ephemeral

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Think about this guys. If a 6 year old comes in and sees this Janet Jackson picture, and the mother sees, and reports it to whomever enforces the internet laws, finheaven could be punished, maybe even as far shutting it down. I think thats worse than changed an avatar......
    Coin toss at the Emerald Bowl......
    _
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that..." ~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
    _
    "Seek to understand before you seek to be understood..."
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    F*** YOU WAYNE!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Bazinet37
    Think about this guys. If a 6 year old comes in and sees this Janet Jackson picture, and the mother sees, and reports it to whomever enforces the internet laws, finheaven could be punished, maybe even as far shutting it down. I think thats worse than changed an avatar......
    Sheeeeeesh.

Aren't we being a little too conservative and prudish when something like this pic becomes a cencorship issue?

Unreal.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NavyFishFan, it's not just one picture we are talking about though. There are plentiful floating around. This isn't a decision that "I" just made, it's a staff decision.

Also, to note... even though CBS planned it, it's not ok for the national print media... for example:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/02/01/sup....ap/index.html

They cut that picture down so its unseen. I can almost guarantee that all national print media will be the same as well.

Besides, we're not saying that you can't post these things at all. Instead, it needs to be tightened up so the main forum is a little cleaner. If you want to see pictures of babes or whatever, there is a forum and photo gallery.

Also, please note that Dolphin cheerleaders are OK... even the swimsuit edition... :cool:
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    It is what it is...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Location is everything...
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Originally posted by NavyFishFan
    It was just some skin bro. What is risque about it? Nip was covered. I honestly don't understand.

That was a planned stunt and it was OK for CBS but not an internet message board?

I understand its your site and board and all, I just don't understand why its risque. Edit: It DEFINITELY isn't sexually explicit.
    I totally agree...

I understand that you guys want to keep smut and crap off the boards, but this was on "National TV." You can be sure that you will probably see it 1000 times again. I definetly see the need for some sort of censorship to protect the inocent children... however, the fact that she was covered makes it something that shouldn't be IMO.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    F*** YOU WAYNE!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
    NavyFishFan, it's not just one picture we are talking about though. There are plentiful floating around. This isn't a decision that "I" just made, it's a staff decision.

Also, to note... even though CBS planned it, it's not ok for the national print media... for example:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/02/01/sup....ap/index.html

They cut that picture down so its unseen. I can almost guarantee that all national print media will be the same as well.

Besides, we're not saying that you can't post these things at all. Instead, it needs to be tightened up so the main forum is a little cleaner. If you want to see pictures of babes or whatever, there is a forum and photo gallery.

Also, please note that Dolphin cheerleaders are OK... even the swimsuit edition... :cool:
    I see what you're saying.

Sad statement of affairs overall for the U.S. imo. Anybody been to Europe? Many many many Americans would have a heart-attack if they walked the downtown shopping districts in....say....Greece.

This country needs to come off it. We're the only "super power" type country that has issues with a little skin.

That said...I understand your decision.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Da Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Bazinet37
    I guess the 6 year old can't watch any news or program on TV for a few days then I suppose, because that is all anyone is going to be talking about. I'm so sick of this non-breast its ridiculous.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by dusty_hog

I guess the 6 year old can't watch any news or program on TV for a few days then I suppose, because that is all anyone is going to be talking about. I'm so sick of this non-breast its ridiculous.
    Please realize that you can still view and post these images, just in the respective forum. Just as there are channels like HBO after midnight, there are forums for pictures like this Ok, so maybe that's a little extreme for a comparison... but you get the point.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    100% Homer. Don't like it? Get lost.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by dusty_hog

or never go to the beach.....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Loyalty to my country always. Loyalty to my government when it deserves it.
    Quote Quote