Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213

Thread: NCAA Tourney Thread

1. -121
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    FML.

I got so unlucky a couple of times in this tourney and only won a couple of grand this year. Believe it or not, thats a decent amount below the typical damage I do every year in this thing. A couple of critical losses here and there that cost me 5 and 7 team parlays. Near hits.

I did manage to go 4 for 4 in picking ats in the elite 8 round. Unfortunately I couldnt get an over/under correct to save my life and it cost me major parlayage. Just the under in the Loserville game wouldve been nice. Every game went OVER btw in that last round.

A solid round of 32 where i hit 6 of 8 ats both days and a nice sweet 16 round as well. Fridays games in that round worked out much better for me as I kinda took it on the chin in the Thursday games. Hit 2 of 4, but because of that lost every parlay I tried and I actually took some big swings that day. Had I just broken through on a couple of those close ones in the previous rounds, my bets couldve been so much larger in these last few days. Oh well. I will come back with avengence next year. I suppose winning a couple grand beats the hell out of losing.

And Lou, youre right.... that ref was KILLING me in that game yesterday. Unreal. That BS 4th foul he called on Siva had me more pissed than Pitino. If you watched the OSU/Cuse game, the officiating got worse when you thought it wasnt possible. They called every nickle/dime foul possible in that game. Ridiculous.

And Junc....... Final 4 features 3 teams from the midwestern area where Lou and I are trying to tell you the best basketball is played and more great players come from than any other region. How many teams from that Tocrappo Road area are left?
    That ref was Karl Hess. He's the guy that threw 2 NC State alumni out of a game earlier in the season for heckling him. He T'd up Pitino earlier in the season because he was yelling at Kyle Kuric but ol' Karl thought Pitino was yelling at him.

Yeah Junc, the ACC always has football to fall back on...er...um...I mean lacrosse. The ACC is a good lacrosse league, right?

And WVD you might want to come up with something more original than "Loserville". That one is UK fans' go-to cliche put down. That one and Tardinals.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

2. -122
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    That ref was Karl Hess. He's the guy that threw 2 NC State alumni out of a game earlier in the season for heckling him. He T'd up Pitino earlier in the season because he was yelling at Kyle Kuric but ol' Karl thought Pitino was yelling at him.

Yeah Junc, the ACC always has football to fall back on...er...um...I mean lacrosse. The ACC is a good lacrosse league, right?

And WVD you might want to come up with something more original than "Loserville". That one is UK fans' go-to cliche put down. That one and Tardinals.
    Unfortunately our best team and the best team in the Country had 3 of their top 6 guys not playing this weekend, if not they would have won it all. Congrats on beating UF, good luck vs. UK.
    Quote Quote  

3. -123
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Unfortunately our best team and the best team in the Country had 3 of their top 6 guys not playing this weekend, if not they would have won it all. Congrats on beating UF, good luck vs. UK.
    Yeah Marshall getting hurt was crippling. I hate that for the kid and for you guys. As much as I rag on the ACC, I enjoy good basketball and both UNC and Duke play good basketball.
    Quote Quote