Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marshall victim wants justice, doesn't look good for Marshall

1. -1
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Marshall victim wants justice, doesn't look good for Marshall

The 24-year-old woman who alleges new Chicago Bear Brandon Marshall punched her in the face in the early hours of Sunday outside a Manhattan night club is a former basketball player at San Diego State University and has retained a high-profile attorney.

Christen Myles is cooperating with detectives and met with her lawyer, Sanford Rubenstein, Thursday at the 10th precinct in Manhattan, according to a statement from Rubenstein.

Myles, originally from Chino, Calif., told the New York Daily News, “my eye still hurts. ... I still have problem with my vision. ... I want him held criminally accountable for what he did to me.”

According to the statement, Myles said Marshall “hauled back and punched her in the face, hitting her eye and caused her to be violently thrown to the ground.”

“She has a serious eye injury. She’s under the care of a physician,” Rubenstein said. “She still has problems with her eye.”

Rubenstein told the Tribune that there’s no consideration at this point into pursuing any civil lawsuits.

“The focus is on the criminal aspect of the case. She’s concerned with getting justice,” he said.

Myles was out celebrating her birthday with friends and family that night. Myles is currently in between jobs but moved to New York to pursue a career in media.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2933324.story
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am amazed the Bears still traded for him, considering the details coming out. I wouldnt be surprised to see him suspended for the year if anything is true.

As pissed as we all were initially, this trade makes total sense now.
    Bluebird in Hell

Just published my first game for iOS if anyone is interested...
    It's a free time waster.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Just a Dolphins Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What a coward. Even if he was a Fin i would say the same thing.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Running @ 24 FPS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    IF (BIG IF) Marshall get's any jail time or misses a majority of the upcoming season, then this is one of the best trades this FO has ever made!!

Imagine how livid everyone would be if we didn't trade Marshall, and we find out at the start of FA that Marshall is involved in a criminal incident?

Whether you think that the two 3rd rounders are fair compensation or not..... it could have been worse....
    We could still have the woman beater on our roster and nothing to show for it except a player wearing orange (prison outfit) or if suspended, we'd be without our #1 WR for the start of next season (which is how we go into next season anyways, just two 3rd rounders richer)
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If what she said happened acually happened, he'd have been charged. There are cameras everywhere at those clubs. They easily could have checked the tape and saw that Marshall's story checks out and hers doesn't.

This sounds to me like a girl positioning herself for a pay day in civil court. The most laughable statement of all was, "Rubenstein told the Tribune that there’s no consideration at this point into pursuing any civil lawsuits."

I mean seriously. What buffoon falls for that line?
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Dolphin Faithful

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    adios, good garbage...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I suspect that if a strong wind knocked over a bottle and it landed on this woman's head, if Brandon Marshall was in the same room as her, she would say it was his fault.

All about placing the blame on the guy with the $$$$$$.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It still hurts us big time but I now see the logic behind it. If this is true then Marshall is in a bunch of trouble and it would have hurt us regardless. Imagine the distraction it would have caused along with his probable suspension. I still would have wanted at least a 2nd rounder. Either way it was the right decision.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are cameras everywhere at those clubs.
    It was outside of the club not inside, and this girl played basketball at san diego state and has a college degree she is not some scum off the street.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparanos13 View Post
    It was outside of the club not inside, and this girl played basketball at san diego state and has a college degree she is not some scum off the street.
    Those clubs have cameras on the outside too. Especially the outside, as a matter of fact.

I'm supposed to be impressed she's a college graduate and former basketball player? She's between jobs, she's all lawyered up, and she's already bringing everything out into the court of public appeals. She's aiming for a civil suit I don't care what that lawyer says about their plans "at this point". LOL.
    Quote Quote