Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good trade

100 52.08%
  • Bad trade

92 47.92%
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade?

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Was the Brandon Marshall trade a good trade or horrible trade?

What do you think of the Brandon Marshall trade. Did we get good value or was it a bad trade.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well we wasted 2 years not getting a differnt receiver spent plenty of cap money and traded second round picks for third round picks great friggin deal lol
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    looking at the production, the headaches and potential suspension, I think we were lucky to get two 3rd round picks
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    3rd parade down Biscayne Blvd!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The real question should be whether it was necessary or not. Could this team have moved on with him on our roster?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm sure these 3rd round picks will change the course of our franchise. They will make up for a top 10 receiver in this league.

Can't wait to watch BMarsh highlights this year after he sits out for ...1 game? 2 games?...

You want to trade him.... fine. You think getting two 3rd rounders for a top 10 receiver in this league who is MAYBE facing a small suspension, you are outright crazy.

We spent years and years crying for a #1 receiver, and we get rid of him and everybody now realizes... oh F***... now we have no QB, no right side of the OL, no good TE's, and yet again we need another #1.

Terrible trade
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even when a touchdown was scored if he was open you could see him throwing his arms up looking at the coaches like the QBs are just ignorant. That cant be good for team chemistry. He beats down women, some of those men in that locker room dont think much of him at all i guarantee that. He probably underminded the coaches AKA Joey Porter. He is a headcase thats a headache. He says all the right things. Then every offseason he beats up a woman. I say great trade!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Torrance, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Definitely mixed emotions for me. Kinda like when we got rid of Chambers. They both were phenomenal at times, but also had moments of complete garbage, costing us games. And the number of off the field incidents for B Marsh are just stacking up too high. Bitter sweet. Hope we hit on at least one high draft pick WR.
    The future of the Miami Dolphins offense!!!!

From left to right...Michael Egnew, Lamar Miller, and Ryan Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anybody that thinks we got good value for him is absolutely crazy... Personally I think Denver should have gotten more for him from the get go. We have no other threats out wide and he helped out what running game we did have. I'm getting a sense that we're in rebuilding mode again!? We have a pretty good young defense and instead of improving our offense we take what little we had on offense and get rid of it. I wouldnt be surprised to see this front office trade jake long on draft day for a late 1 or early 2... I have no confidence in this FO right now and I hope philbin is a genius and knows what the hell is going on
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    FORGET about the off the field drama, those two penalties he got last season were absolutely inexcusable. The one where he threw the ball at Cutler on the sidelines and the other one where he threw the ball after the play.

He was bad for team chemistry right from the start. Football is a team sport, so many people don't seem able to grasp that concept. He was inconsistant on the field as well.

If Shula was the coach he wouldn't have lasted more than 2 days here. Bess's production suffered too because they were basically forcing the ball to Marshall all season long. How many INTz were the product of that?

Ireland made the best of a bad situation. I'm sure we would have gotten more from the Bears if the last incident hadn't happened.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When we traded for him I was expecting to get Top 5 receiver production, instead he played like a borderline 15 receiver.

The trade to the Bears was terrible at first, when we didn't know the details behind it. But now I understand and it was a good trade.
    Quote Quote