Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slimm's Position Rankings

1. -31
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    problem with sanu for me other than he can fight the ball his hands look inconsistent to me is that on tape i have yet to see evidence of him
    providing chunk yardage plays in the passing game...his game has more a possession type wr look to me given everythings 20 yards or less pretty much that i've seen...

i wouldn't touch him with our 2nd rounder i know that...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -32

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    demario davis the lb from ark state really caught my eye at the combine with his work in drills and his length...very long lean muscled athlete...slimm since you have him your top rated 43 0lb i assume you have seen plenty of evidence of this kid showing off instincts and burst etc...can you point me in the direction of where i can see some of it??? i was a big fan of his after what i saw at the combine

i think you have kendall reyes 2 spots too low on your dt rankings and i think you have cb dwight bentley a little low also...i don't see the cb norman from the small school that lit up the shrine game week on you rankings either...

also why is lb bobby wagner from utah st not on your board???
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    demario davis the lb from ark state really caught my eye at the combine with his work in drills and his length...very long lean muscled athlete...slimm since you have him your top rated 43 0lb i assume you have seen plenty of evidence of this kid showing off instincts and burst etc...can you point me in the direction of where i can see some of it??? i was a big fan of his after what i saw at the combine

i think you have kendall reyes 2 spots too low on your dt rankings and i think you have cb dwight bentley a little low also...i don't see the cb norman from the small school that lit up the shrine game week on you rankings either...

also why is lb bobby wagner from utah st not on your board???

Josh Norman isn't on my board because there's no way in hell you can play cornerback in the NFL running almost 4.7 in the 40 yard dash. He has some character issues off the field, and some effort issues on it. There's too many other good CB's that I like, and Norman just didn't make the cut. There's some small school corners like Asa Jackson that I really like.

Bobby Wagner isn't on my board for the same reason a lot of other players aren't... I don't think he's very good, and I like other linebackers better.

I'm comfortable with where I have Kendall Reyes. He tested extremely well at the combine which helped his stock in my eyes, but he has a tendency to want to play around blocks rather than through them. Once he realizes he's lined up across from a guy who'll battle him tooth and nail, Reyes doesn't always match the challenge. I watched Lucas Nix completely dominate him and shut him out.

Dwight Bentley is also a top 3 round pick on my board, but he's a very small corner. Has some issues in downfield coverage as well. Extremely competitive and plays with tremendous heart. I like Bentley, but I'll take the corners I have ahead of him first.

Demario Davis might be the best 3 down linebacker in this draft behind Luck Kuechly, although I like Davis outside. He's a freak athletically in every aspect, physical, instinctive, wrap up tackler who knows when to really bring something extra without risking a whiffed tackle. Arkansas St. had a tremendous defense and Davis looked to me like the heart and soul of it that everyone else fed off of.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    damn...i didn't know norman ran 4.7...i guess now i know why he was squatting on everything at the shrine game...lacks long speed

i thought bobby wagner showed well at the senior bowl...i think he can make someones roster as a specials guy at least
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Where do you guys think Broyles will go with the injury and everything?
    Quote Quote  

6. -36

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    Where do you guys think Broyles will go with the injury and everything?
    4th round...maybe late 3rd but i have a 4th round grade due to medical...but i was never he's a 1st round wr guy...he looks like an nfl #2 wr to me
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    4th round...maybe late 3rd but i have a 4th round grade due to medical...but i was never he's a 1st round wr guy...he looks like an nfl #2 wr to me
    Yeah I dont think hes an alpha, but I cant help but think hed be a great fit for the offense we want to run.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As I continue to go back and study the film more on these prospects, I've made a slight adjustment to my board.

Kirk Cousins moved up 1 spot in my quarterback rankings, B.J. Coleman dropped a spot.

Coleman:

- pocket presence
    - accuracy & ball placement
    - coverage recognition

Cousins:

+ coverage recognition *consistently read the flat defender correctly on the slant/flat read*
    + better anticipation and reading defender's intent vs. zone
    + ball placement and velocity on very difficult intermediate throws between defenders
    + consistent release point and gets good extention of throwing arm
    + ball comes out of his hand very clean with tight spin when he sets his feet
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    TedSlimmJr....I was recently having a conversation with a friend about RGIII and at the time it seemed very obvious that with the Skins trading up to number 2 that they would go after him...but now I am having some doubts..I thought that it was pretty interesting that you had Tannehil ahead of RGIII..can you give some insight on it? I have never been a fan of Griffin as a pro qb..and I like Ryan alot....I agreed with Ck about his funny release at times and he just does not pass the eye test with me as far as his build is concerned..Do you think there is any chance that Tannehil goes number 2 to the skins? They both ran some bootlegs in college and both throw the ball pretty good on the run but with Tannehil you get the pro level size...
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    problem with sanu for me other than he can fight the ball his hands look inconsistent to me is that on tape i have yet to see evidence of him
    providing chunk yardage plays in the passing game...his game has more a possession type wr look to me given everythings 20 yards or less pretty much that i've seen...

i wouldn't touch him with our 2nd rounder i know that...
    From NFL.com
    Mohamed Sanu, WR, (6-1 5/8, 211) — Sanu, who caught 115 passes for 1,206 yards last season, was projected as a possible first-round pick by some but hurt his stock by running a 4.67-second 40-yard dash. At his pro day, he did everything over again, running the 40 in 4.55 and 4.54 seconds. He also had a 4.21-second short shuttle. He was worked out by one of the Saints scouts. Scouts said he had a very good workout, catching the ball well. He just doesn’t look like he gets a lot of separation when he’s going for it. He ran the first 10 yards of the 40 in 1.6 seconds.
    Those last couple of sentences...not good. 1.6 seconds on your 10 yard split? That tells me he lacks that short area quickness to get separation at the LOS.
    Quote Quote