Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 2002

1. -1
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Madden NFL 2002

One of my favorite things to do in the offseason is play videogames based on football. I think Madden NFL 2002, for the PS2, is the best football game of all-time. Does anyone else in here play it? I didn't bring it back with me to school the last time I was home, and I'm dying to play it some more.

Anyway, if you do play the game every now and then, I'm sure you know all about the franchise mode. You probably love it as much as me. What's the roster for your current franchise club? Here's my current franchise (I have finished just one season so far. BTW, the team I decided to use for franchise this time were the Panthers. I thought I'd have a little fun trying to turn around one of the worst teams in the league. Besides, I've done it all with the Dolphins already ):

QB
    - John Harrison (He's a rookie I drafted with the second overall pick in the draft [I moved up into this slot]. His current overall rating is 81, I think)
    - Drew Brees (I traded for him my first season. He has a great cap number, and he develops into a good QB in franchise mode. I'll probably trade him if Harrison develops into the next Manning like I'm hoping he will)
    - Michael Bishop (I signed him to the cheapest possible contract. He's decent for a third-stringer)

RB
    - Fred Taylor (He develops into the best RB in the league in franchise mode. I had to make a lot of trades to get him)
    - Rookie (Some rookie I picked up in the sixth round. I forget his name. Anyway, he has an overall rating of 71, and was the best player I've ever drafted in the sixth round. He fell because of his speed, I think...He's more of a north-south runner who pounds through linemen)
    - Charlie Rogers (He's my second kick returner. He's one of the best)

WR
    - Torry Holt (I love his cap number in the game. He also develops into the second or third best WR in the game [I think Harrison and Moss are higher] after one season of franchise mode)
    - Kevin Johnson (He has a great cap number. I don't like having two AAA WRs in Madden. Instead, I like having a lot of good quality WRs to compliment my "man" [In this case, Holt])
    - Herman Moore (Great hands. I had to pay relatively a lot in FA to get him. I didn't have anyone after Johnson the year before, though)
    - Ricky Proehl (Same as Moore)
    - Terrence Wilkins (Great special teams player)
    - Darrin Chiaverni (Good cap number)
    - Desmond Howard (My punt and main kick returner. He's the best in the game at those positions. I never use him as a WR)

TE (Note: I am thinking about making a trade for Tony Gonzalez)
    - Chad Lewis (Good for the passing game. I obtained him in a trade)
    - Bubba Franks (Develops into the second best TE in the game eventually)

LT
    - Kenyatta Walker (Develops into a great LT. I obtained him in a trade my first year)
    - Andy Vincent (He's a solid backup at a good cap number.)

LG
    - Steve Hutchinson (Develops into a great LG. I obtained him in a trade my first year)
    - Rookie (Some guy I picked up in the second round. Overall rating is in the low 70s)

C
    - Damien Woody (Develops into a good C)
    - Dominic Raioa (Obtained him in a trade. He's ok)
    - Scott Curry (Signed him to a long contract at the veteran minimum. He develops into a great backup C)

RG
    - Chris Naoele (He's ok)
    - Anthony Thomas (I think that's his name. He was a Jets player with a decent rating and a low cap figure. I thought I'd add him and see what he blossoms into)

RT
    - Jon Jansen (Best RT in the league after his first year)

LE
    - Vonnie Holiday (Gave up two second rounders and a third for him)
    - Scott Peters (He was the starting LE for the Panthers at the beginning of my first season. He's alright [Overall - 77 or something])

RE
    - Jevon Kearse (Had to give up a ton to obtain him. Best RE in the game)
    - Leonard Little (Added him via FA)

DT
    - Corey Simon (Develops into the best DT in the game next to Sapp. Had to give up quite a bit to get him. I obtained him and Chad Lewis in the same trade)
    - Keith Traylor (Added him via FA.)
    - Marcus Spriggs (Former DT of the Browns. Added him via FA. He's a good backup)
    - Rookie (Some rookie I added in the sixth or seventh round)

LOLB
    - Dan Morgan (Develops into the best LOLB in the game)

MLB
    - Brian Urlacher (Obtained him in a trade my first year)
    - Lester Towns (Was the starting MLB for the Panthers when I inherited the team)

ROLB
    - Chris Claiborne (Great player)
    - Derrick Rodgers (Has a good cap number IN THE GAME. A great backup)

CB
    - Charles Woodson (Along with Madison and Bailey, he's the best CB in the game [Woodson has a better cap figure than Madison in the game]. Obtained him in a trade)
    - Champ Bailey (Obtained him in a trade)
    - Jamar Fletcher (Develops into a very good CB. Good cap figure)
    - Terry Cousin (Added him via FA. Good fourth CB)

FS
    - Mike Brown (Great FS. The best FS in the game. Obtained him in a trade)
    - Deon Grant (Was the starting FS for the Panthers my first year)

SS
    - Tony Parrish (Great SS. Obtained him in a trade)
    - Larry Atkins (Very good SS. Obtained him via FA)

K
    - John Carney (I want to upgrade this position)

P
    - Rookie (A rookie from the seventh round. I forget his name. I got him at 150K a year for seven years!!! His leg strength is 99, but his accuracy is pretty low, as is his overall ranking. I like him, though. He also does kick-offs)

----

Man, I'm bored. Anyway, that's my team. I'm quite a bit under the cap, too, because I've keyed in on getting the best players at the best prices. Sure, Madden's franchise mode is not anything like the "real thing", but it sure beats playing "fantasy football" (Which is based much more on LUCK).
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BTW, in my first year, my team was a lot weaker, and many of those players were not quite as good as they are now. I ended up simulating the entire season because I wanted to get to my second year. I ended up with an 11-5 record, and lost in the divisional playoffs. Trent Dilfer was my starting QB, so I ran a "run-heavy" offense with Taylor in the backfield. Taylor ended up with over 2000 yards rushing.

One last thing, I forgot to add that my FB is Ron Konrad (He has a good cap number in the game, and a decent rating. He is a big improvement over my last FB [I forget his name. He's the current FB for the Panthers])
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love Franchise Mode. I've only got Madden 2000 for the PS1. Really don't have time or money to play anymore. But I used to play every single day.

I love the offseason in the game. It got to the point where I'd simulate entire seasons just so I could keep doing the draft and free agency. :p
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have Madden 2002 for PS2, I am on my second season, in my first one I had the Dolphins roster and Erik Williams and I went 16-0 in all blowouts and won the Super Bowl. It is such an easy game. I win every game by at least 80 lol. I don't like to make trades, I want to keep the Dolphins roster the way it is.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Try playing the game on All-Madden mode.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Muck
    It got to the point where I'd simulate entire seasons just so I could keep doing the draft and free agency. :p
    Hahaha

I did that for quite some time in the past. I even did it with Madden '99 on the N64 ages ago.

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone

You would be totally hooked if you played Madden NFL 2001 or 2002. The graphics are so much better than 2000, and the franchise mode is even deeper (You can trade draft picks, up to three players at a time, etc.). I'm pretty sure you could only do one man trades in 2000. Am I right? I know you could only do the one man trades in 1999's version.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks

Madden PS2

I have Madden 2002 for the PS2 and have made all the moves that the Dolphins did in this offseason.

The team is awsome, the o-line needs a little upgrading but the defense and running game is solid. I have Ricky catching passes out of the backfield and he is unbelievable.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    TRY AND USE M. VICK I DID I HAD 42 TD PASS AND RAN FOR 11 IN ALL- MADDEN MODE NOW PUT IT ON FAST!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Brent Barry

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Try letting Woodsen or some one else with a 99 in speed return kicks. It works great in 2002.
    Trot Nixon for MVP.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    TRY WATCHING D. BOSTON BREAK SOME TACKLES AFTER THE CATCH ITS SOME AWESOME S%@T.!!!!
    Quote Quote