Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt Moore was 6-3 down the stretch, Moore and the new coaching staff have my support

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Birmingham, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Matt Moore was 6-3 down the stretch, Moore and the new coaching staff have my support

I will be the first to say that I wanted Flynn, but thinking it over last night I came to realization that down the stretch last season we were one of the best teams in the league with Moore at the helm. Plus 2 of those losses were by 1 to the Cowboys and 3 to Patriots both on the road. I really like the addition of Marshall to an already strong D, obviously we need help at the WR position and RT which I imagine we will find in the draft.

I don't think this team is falling apart like others on here, I think we have let the media bringing us down b/c of what the football "insiders" expected us to do. Since the media is so down on us we are forgetting the way this team finished (I know I did) and now we have proven coaches both on the offensive and defensive side. I'm excited about the draft to see the direction we are going to take.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still think we need to add a QB at some point and if it's the draft that is fine with me.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matt Moore is not a franchise QB...period.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We're not going to find a franchise QB in Free Agency. You usually find them in the draft,

It takes discipline to not formulate opinions about something WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    here wego...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We aren't winning a damn thing with Matt Moore.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft

In the 2nd round of the NFL draft, the Miami Dolphin take:

Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 242.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
    Hand: 9 7/8.
    Projected Round (2012): 2-3.

3/5/12: Osweiler was moving up draft boards as teams prepared for the Combine. He hurt his climb by not working out in Indianapolis. Osweiler is going to need an impressive pro day to be the fourth quarterback selected. Brandon Weeden and Kirk Cousins are his competition, and they both worked out at the Combine.

Osweiler is big-armed pocket passer who has surprising mobility. The former basketball player has good athletic ability for being so tall. Looking at him, one would think he would be a statue in the pocket, but that is definitely not the case. As a junior this year, Osweiler completed 63 percent of his passes for 4,036 yards with 26 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He also ran for 298 yards and three touchdowns. Osweiler set the school record for yards, completions and attempts. In 2010, he had only two starts, but played well, throwing for 797 yards and five touchdowns with zero interceptions while also running for 168 yards and a score.

Osweiler has real arm strength and the gun to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. He is very raw and needs some work. If Osweiler goes to a good coaching staff that can develop him for a few years, he could turn into something. It wouldn't be surprising if Osweiler's stock rises during the lead up to the draft. He should have stayed in school and improved before going pro.
    Last edited by LikeUntoGod; 03-19-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: NEEDED MORE BANANAS! NOW DANCE BITCHES
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    We went 6-6 with Matt Moore, not 6-3. More is ranked smack dab in the middle of the league in many categories when it comes to passing. In an unbearable stretch of mediocrity, can you blame anyone for wanting to upgrade the position?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I liked the way Matt played last year but I am skeptical..Look at the teams he beat.. The Bills twice..(They suck) He beat the Jets( they were in turmoil) Chiefs (Suck) Raiders (suck) and Skins ( Suck)

He helped lose big leads in the Pats game, Held the ball a bit too long in the Eagles game and also had a chance to close out the Cowboys but didnt. I like him but he is not the answer..Bring in a rookie to learn and compete. ...Here we go again indeed.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadsy13 View Post
    I will be the first to say that I wanted Flynn, but thinking it over last night I came to realization that down the stretch last season we were one of the best teams in the league with Moore at the helm. Plus 2 of those losses were by 1 to the Cowboys and 3 to Patriots both on the road. I really like the addition of Marshall to an already strong D, obviously we need help at the WR position and RT which I imagine we will find in the draft.

I don't think this team is falling apart like others on here, I think we have let the media bringing us down b/c of what the football "insiders" expected us to do. Since the media is so down on us we are forgetting the way this team finished (I know I did) and now we have proven coaches both on the offensive and defensive side. I'm excited about the draft to see the direction we are going to take.
    Thats the way Ive seen it all along, but Ive never wanted Flynn to begin with.

But I also think we need to draft a franchise QB, whether it be this year or next year
    Quote Quote