Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fans/Media just as responsible as Ireland!!!

1. -41
    Cement Shoes Distributor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina (from MIAMI)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    Quotes like that are a joke, I'm pretty sure our FO didn't decide to punch a woman in a NY club and face a suspension, but he did, so they roll with the punches and at least got some picks
    Are you certain it wasn't Dez Bryant's mom....because if that was the case, it may have just been a simple pimp slap
    I Love JESUS CHRIST
    To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whatever happened to the "We want Orton" crowd ? Maybe went to same place with the Brady Quinn people.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So it's my fault we keep losing? I guess it's also my fault the Heat lost the Finals last year. Yah it's the fans who make the decisions and coach the team.

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey DolFan View Post
    You people down there, you dont show up to games, and when you do, you hold up "suck for luck" signs and chant "we want orton!" at practice.

now in march - during a week day - you are out there with paper bags over your heads protesting?? HAHA!

when people say they dont want to play in Miami do you really think its ALL b/c of IRELAND??

what about the fact the home games feel like away games, the media sucks and is clueless plus jumps on every player and coaches back at the first sign of some some rough times, the idiots that call into to wqam are more clueless than jets fans half the time.

i have friends who are jets fans, pats fans, giants fans, boys fans ETC. and NONE OF THEM, NONE OF THEM have as much negative things to say about our roster/coaches/chances as my fellow dolphins fans.

its a DISGRACE.

we are not ONE of the worst franchises - we are now THE WORST. b/c not only is our team not winning - but our fan base is a laughin stock of clowns and fools.

TOOLS.
    What do you mean by "you?" You do realize that the majority of Dolphins fans down here don't even know this message board exists so your comments to the "you" is being directed to the wrong people. The vast majority of Dolphins fans don't come on these boards, so the opinions of the people on these boards is a tiny sample size restricted to the team's most intense fans.

I love how people who don't live down here always give the fans who do live down here **** about being better fans. Miami has fair weather fans. It has been like that for ages. Get over it. You guys are looking at it within such a limited scope. It is more than just the Dolphins down here (as it is in many big cities), and right now I know plenty of people who gave up their tickets to watch the Heat play. It's hard to drop over $90-$250 dollars for a day of watching a team that won 3 games at home last season.

This is an age old argument that will never subside on this board. Fans down here don't want to waste their hard earned cash on disappointment when they can spend that money on something way more valuable... like on teams that have actually brought a championship or even gone to a championship since 1984. "You fans" is the most insignificant reason to be ashamed of being a Dolphins fan right now.

We were under the impression that this team was not that far from being a contender in our own division, but the blinders have come off and "us fans" have realized that the organization, NOT THE FANS, really ****ed up the morale down here. Maybe Ireland made the right choices by not bringing in certain FAs, or maybe they didn't. No one will know until after the draft and probably half way through the season. Don't blame the fans for seemingly horrid personnel moves that subdue the minimal excitement we received by getting a new coaching staff. All the signs are pointing to rebuilding the team, no longer filling in the gaps. Don't get me wrong now I believe building through the draft creates a much more cohesive unit with a stronger foundation than piecemeal teams, but a lot of people don't want to wait.

The mentality is different in Miami. It is very fast paced when it comes to what's "in" and if the team doesn't keep the fans happy, the fans will just take I-95 South to Downtown Miami to watch the Heat or the Marlins play ball. It's not the fans' fault the Dolphins have been mediocre. The fans don't play the game, the players are on the field, and the FO puts those players on the field.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Cement Shoes Distributor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    So it's my fault we keep losing? I guess it's also my fault the Heat lost the Finals last year. Yah it's the fans who make the decisions and coach the team.
    You know what, I'm tired of fans like you making us lose.....geeez!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Cement Shoes Distributor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mialuv13 View Post
    What do you mean by "you?" You do realize that the majority of Dolphins fans down here don't even know this message board exists so your comments to the "you" is being directed to the wrong people. The vast majority of Dolphins fans don't come on these boards, so the opinions of the people on these boards is a tiny sample size restricted to the team's most intense fans.

I love how people who don't live down here always give the fans who do live down here **** about being better fans. Miami has fair weather fans. It has been like that for ages. Get over it. You guys are looking at it within such a limited scope. It is more than just the Dolphins down here (as it is in many big cities), and right now I know plenty of people who gave up their tickets to watch the Heat play. It's hard to drop over $90-$250 dollars for a day of watching a team that won 3 games at home last season.

This is an age old argument that will never subside on this board. Fans down here don't want to waste their hard earned cash on disappointment when they can spend that money on something way more valuable... like on teams that have actually brought a championship or even gone to a championship since 1984. "You fans" is the most insignificant reason to be ashamed of being a Dolphins fan right now.

This team was not that far from being a contender in our own division, but the blinders have come off and "us fans" have realized that the organization, NOT THE FANS, really ****ed up the morale down here. Maybe Ireland made the right choices by not bringing in certain FAs, or maybe they didn't. No one will know until after the draft and probably half way through the season. Don't blame the fans for seemingly horrid personnel moves that subdue the minimal excitement we received by getting a new coaching staff. All the signs are pointing to rebuilding the team, no longer filling in the gaps. The mentality is different in Miami. It is very fast paced when it comes to what's "in" and if the team doesn't keep the fans happy, the fans will just take I-95 South to Downtown Miami to watch the Heat or the Marlins play ball.
    Great post
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsFan74 View Post
    You know what, I'm tired of fans like you making us lose.....geeez!
    Damn, now I feel bad. It's all my fault. I need a drink.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Lol. There's still a sucker born every minute.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfan0120 View Post
    "Most fans I know are quite pleased with this offseason"

I would love to know what these "fans" are "pleased with"...I'd also love to have some of whatever happy pills they're taking.
    Because we didn't overpay for a short term solution (Manning) who might very well be washed up

We didn't reach and overpay for a mediocre FA QB (Flynn, Smith)

We gained draft picks and cap space. Its the way the smart organizations run; New England, GB and Pitt
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Note to OP: You can't expect to get a good response blaming the fans on a fan forum. I do agree with you though. I've fought this battle on several occasions. Opponents of your argument may even refer to you as a Nazi leader (happened to me). lol. Hang in there and keep fighting the good fight. I don't have the desire to argue today.
    Quote Quote