Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't reach on QB this year - draft Russel Wilson

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

NOT SO FAST Don't reach on QB this year - draft Russel Wilson

I have watched Russel Wilson every year in college and this guy is incredibly impressive and built to run a west coast offense. His biggest knock against him is he is 5'11, but a WC offense does not need a super tall QB.

His pro day showcase was incredibly effective, and he completed 60-63 passes, blowing away real GMs who draft much better then we do like Green Bay's Ted Thompson.

The fins have a lot of needs and to reach on Tannehill is a mistake. Wilson can come in here and compete day 1 , and can run a WC offense. He is also extremely mobile and creates 1st downs with his legs. Furthermore, if he does not work out, it will not be a major issue since he is currently rated 10th best QB and the fins have an extra 3rd rounder to use on him.

The only 2 QBs I would take first round in this draft are Luck and RG3. After that, it is desperation to reach on a guy like Tannehill when Russel Wilson will be there in later rounds and could easily end up being better. the fins could get lucky and snag Blackmon (10% chance) or Richardson as their first pick instead, and worse case get an elite DE or OL..all better than taking a 2nd round pick QB way too early.

Just my opinion, but I watched Wilson crush people for years at NC state and then go to Wisconsin and do very well with an offense that is not nearly as well suited to him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wilson will be great, in the CFL. the WCO is all timing based but you have to get up over the line. There are no QBs that short. If that's how you want to go then you may as well take Kellen Moore, who has better size and more success.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He is no shorter than Drew Brees no matter what the stats say.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry to burst your bubble but Russel Wilson isnt nothing but a Chase Daniels/troy smith back up QB in the NFL. I live in NC and my girlfriend goes to NC state, we went to quite a few football games 2 years ago and I wasnt very impressed with Wilson, especially at the VT game in raleigh, I was at that game and the wolfpack were up like 19-0 at one point and Wilson just kinda crumbled in that game. He's a game manager at best. I wasnt impressed with him, not much of an arm and he isnt very good at coming back from behind. Nothing special about him, just a solid smart and accurate QB, kinda like Chris Leak but with a slightly better arm.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I saw him come back and games for NC State as well though. He did it against DEs for FSU that are now in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We also watched Doug Flutie beat Miami at their peak, and that's a near direct comparison to Wilson. Great in the CFL, starts and fits of NFL success. So yeah, draft Flutie Jr.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah Flutie Jr...my god you have no idea what you just said.

fine, lets get tannehill and blow another pick..it is the Fins after all...horrible decisions are the norm.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wilson is the classic college QB model, not particularly what you look for in a NFL QB though, especially for a franchise QB
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SammySmif View Post
    Yeah Flutie Jr...my god you have no idea what you just said.

fine, lets get tannehill and blow another pick..it is the Fins after all...horrible decisions are the norm.
    I think at this point WE HAVE to pick Tannehill with the first pick or weeden. I would love to trade down and get one of them but that is risky and we're already playin a risky game with our QB situation. If QB upgrade or finding a franchise QB is really our #1 priority this off season then we have to address the QB issue with the 1st pick, if it doesnt work out we can draft another QB down the road.

A DE or O-line man isnt going to make us contenders down the road, we're goina reach for a QB but we really have no choice and everyone is really expecting us to do so. Last year it was a shock that Locker and Ponder went so high, this year it'll be no surprise bc thats how bad our QB situation is and I think more people would be surprised if we didnt reach for a QB in round one.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes but is Tannehill a 1st rounder? Maybe he is, but I am not seeing it.

I agree we need a franchise QB..we really really do. I just don't see us getting him in Tannehill.
    Quote Quote