Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Don't reach on QB this year - draft Russel Wilson

1. -51
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I realize you and Jim1 pumped Weeden up to the point of nauseum during the months prior to the draft. While I also had a positive evaluation on Weeden, I dinged him more for his flaws, and it was a close call between him and Tannehill as my #2 and #3 quarterbacks just ahead of Griffin. It's still too close to call in my estimation. Neither has had anything to work with.
    What's kind of funny about that is now that I read what you wrote above, if I'm understanding your implications correctly, you rated the top 5 quarterbacks in exactly the same order I did...Luck, Weeden, Tannehill (close up on Weeden), Griffin, Wilson (very close to Griffin).

Difference being you striated Weeden and Tannehill in the 2nd round and I'm guessing Griffin and Wilson in the 3rd? I had Luck, Weeden and Tannehill all solid 1st rounders and Griffin & Wilson as high 2nds or low 1sts.

But I'm much more of a sucker for drafting a QB high than you. Especially since the implication that drafting a QB high is even on the table means that your team doesn't have one, in which case you'd better hurry up and start laying down some investments otherwise you're drowning.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree and understand the rankings Slimm and CK gave the quarterbacks.

I went

1. Luck
    2. Tannenhill
    3. Weeden
    4. RG3
    5. Wilson
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Color me Pink if you like, but I am still not a Russel Wilson believer.
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Am I confused or are u a year behind with Columbo. Hell I did it yesterday saying Smith was a left hander
    Oops! Timequake!

Anyway, leave rushing out of it. My point about Wilson is that no other rookie QB changed more, along with the offense he was in, from the beginning to the end of the season than Wilson and Seattle did. Sure, he was in an ideal situation. The fact is, he needs a very specific offense to succeed. But that was known even before the draft.
    Why so gloomy?
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    good call bro, Sammy Smif for Dolphins gm lol
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kudos to SammySmif!
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some good points here. SEA used Wilson properly. They kept his attempts pretty low, but games where he had to throw more showed him deliver.

The main thing about Wilson is the value of the pick. To get a guy that late in the draft who ends up playing as well as the first rounders is very impressive.

I just hate message board experts who make rules for people (too small to play QB..etc) and don't watch film, don't know the game and just vomit out rehashed stuff that they read.

Wilson is a winner. He was a winner in college and he will be a winner in the NFL. That is a quality that many people don't value enough. It is incredibly key in sports. Hell, look at the Chicago Bulls win last night. Perfect example.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    That's about as close as two rookie quarterbacks can play. Not to mention, Ryan Tannehill had the best left tackle in history for pete's sake.
    Cause Weeden didn't have Joe Thomas? (WHO'S BETTER THAN JAKE LONG.)

I can't disagree with you though, Weeden and Tannehill had similar numbers. Weeden seemed to grow less comfortable as the season progressed whereas Tannehill seemed to get into rhythm.

Just saying, Joe Flacco's rookie year saw him go 14TD's, 12INT's and 60% completion for less than 3000 yards on arguably a much better team than the Dolphins had last year.
    Quote Quote