Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh, stop whining

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Oh, stop whining

Why the hell is everyone already pissy and whining about what's going on down in Miami? Quarterbacks don't grow on tree, and this isn't Madden the video game - you don't just grab a quarterback because you just need one. Let's examine the situations:

1) Manning: 36-year-old quarterback by the time the season starts. His arm and health aren't even guaranteed. Got paid $96 million for five years; and we want him why? If we're going to do this for the long-term, why even focus on on this? Had he succeeded, Manning would have been expensive and a stop gap quarterback. Why even cry over spilled milk?

2) Matt Flynn: two games under his belt against two teams with horrible defense; passed for six touchdowns in one of those games. No one else in the league wanted him, not even quarterback-needy Cleveland, and we cry that he signed with Seattle? It's more like the organization's front office didn't sign him.

3) Alex Smith: if you think paying $8 million a year for a marginal quarterback is making a splash, you're dead wrong. Smith neither deserved nor will he perform well enough to earn the $8 million he wants.

4) David Garrard - The team needed a quarterback to push Moore - he was the best option, cheap and has experiences in winning. Not a sexy move, but one that makes sense. Why cry?

The only head-scratcher I've seen is the Marshall trade, but even at that, they were justified. Fact is this guy never performed with what he was being paid and had a lot of baggage, so they cut their losses, traded him and got two thirds for him. Again, what's wrong with this?

Who would have made you happy in this year's free agency? Let's face it, there weren't a lot of big, sexy names out there. Had they signed Williams, you'd whined about them signing defense rather than offensive players; had they signed Manning, you would have whined that they wasted too much money.

The point is you guys are never happy with anything that goes on with this team. Is this team better than it was during the beginning of the off season? No. But you can't expect change in two or three weeks. It seems that at times you just want the excitement of signing big name players or the satisfaction of laying the smack down on Jeff Ireland that your thinking becomes myopic. Grow up.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    GREATNESS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree, i say once alex smith goes back to being the real alex smith we all know from 06-10, matt flynn have a kevin kolb in arizona season and manning gets hit by a guy name rey lewis and have to retire beacuse of neck issues then ireland will look like a genius ..........but for now you cant really blame fans for whining its only natural. The miami dolphins have been terrible for a long time and fans have had enough. Something has to give for this team and maybe whinning and protesting while push to front office to start making some big moves....look what it did for the lions
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea, I agree. Things have been going swimmingly the last 4 years. I cant figure out the source of people's anger.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, I agree. Cheeseburgers are awesome.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Matthew Santos: Shadows in a Shoebox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaV9yPc_EYw
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU!! Its entertainment.....not life. The truth is, some people live and die with the team. Maybe because they feel they are OWED more than just entertainment by paying money to the team. Im not always a glass half full kind of guy, but this is what im looking at......

1) We had a horrible start last year, but finished 6-3.
    2) In our last 11 games, we only lost by more than 3 points ONCE. So its not like we were being blown out.
    3) Except for Marshall, Langford and Bell, practically our entire squad is returning. Yes they were important, but it wont break this team.
    4) In our last 11 games, we actually had 4th quarter leads against the Giants, Patriots, and Broncos. Thats shows that although were not "winners", were getting close.
    5) We have technically upgraded our head coach from last year.
    6) We won our first 4 games by an average of 20 points!

I love manning, but its not the owners/Gm fault. That's like blaming the owners/Gm of the Titans, 49ers, and Cards for not pulling him in. He didn't want to play for us for his own reasons. We didnt get Flynn...so? The guy almost went undrafted, played well against a pass D that does not scare anyone, and most importantly.....IF PHILBIN THOUGHT HE WAS WORTH IT, HE WOULD HAVE DONE WHAT HAD TO BE DONE TO GET HIM. Watch the highlights of that GB vs DET game. 1 td was a 10 yard pass that the receiver ran in for about 50 yards. The other was a lob that was thrown only because the defense was offsides (no consequence), and another was a 5 yard throw that the receiver ran in from the 20. Dont give flynn all the credit there.

Im just saying, Moore, Bush, Hartline, Bess, and even Fasano are pretty good players. Our Oline is not bad. Our d has some talent. Although we dont have an insane amount of weapons, it was enough to look pretty decent at the end of last year.

All you over emotional fans....go petition, give up your tickets, boycott the team, keep saying negative crap on the boards. Lets be realistic, if you considered these things....WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU STILL DOING POSTING, GO AWAY. Don't want to spend money on the team??? THEN DON'T! Nobody on here cares about where you spend your money.

Real fans, realistic fans, not so damn overly emotional fans....lets enjoy this upcoming season. Lets also be happy we didn't get Peyton and that contract that would guarantee not being able to afford any high draft picks or future free agents (or keeping our good ones).

BOTTOM LINE.... this aint English Premier league soccer. You love your team, great, support them and enjoy the good times.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agreee with this post. Just remember what happened with Orton, just 14 months ago. people in the stands wanted the FO to overpay for a QB that led his team to a 1-4 record, was benched and will be a backup this year. Honestly I do not have a lot to say about the football decisions the FO made, those who whine about the lack of a franchise QB ought to remember that there's some luck in it too.
    To wit: how many QBs were taken before Dan Marino in the 1983 draft? Do we forget that Tom Brady was passed over 198 times? Besides, will you call the pople in Indy geniuses just because their franchise QB went down just when the best QB prospect of the decade declared for the draft? It just fell in their laps, for heaven's sake!
    What I see in our FO is some good football sense to go with the lack of opportunities. I would like a bit more creativity, true, but hey everything is debatable.
    What I think there is here, is the perception of creating a player-unfriendly environment. it began back in 2008 when still productive veterans and good soldiers, like vonnie Holliday, where unceremoniously shipped out of town. It continued with the Matt Roth fiasco, and the handling of the IR placement of others (David Martin, Will Allen) and it was brought to the extremes with scapegoating a couple of players for special teams failures (Erik Walden, Benny Sapp). couple of this with the horrible by any means mistake of asking 'Is you mother a whore?' and there you have it: even the most savvy and effective management will be erased by these blunders.
    This is a domain, anyway, where only ownership can do something about but the early reviews are not encouraging, see the (un)loyalty display used to tony sparano in 2011 ...
    Let's just hope that they realise it and do something to change perception because now, they are standing pretty low ...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gfran View Post
    I agreee with this post. Just remember what happened with Orton, just 14 months ago. people in the stands wanted the FO to overpay for a QB that led his team to a 1-4 record, was benched and will be a backup this year. Honestly I do not have a lot to say about the football decisions the FO made, those who whine about the lack of a franchise QB ought to remember that there's some luck in it too.
    To wit: how many QBs were taken before Dan Marino in the 1983 draft? Do we forget that Tom Brady was passed over 198 times? Besides, will you call the pople in Indy geniuses just because their franchise QB went down just when the best QB prospect of the decade declared for the draft? It just fell in their laps, for heaven's sake!
    What I see in our FO is some good football sense to go with the lack of opportunities. I would like a bit more creativity, true, but hey everything is debatable.
    What I think there is here, is the perception of creating a player-unfriendly environment. it began back in 2008 when still productive veterans and good soldiers, like vonnie Holliday, where unceremoniously shipped out of town. It continued with the Matt Roth fiasco, and the handling of the IR placement of others (David Martin, Will Allen) and it was brought to the extremes with scapegoating a couple of players for special teams failures (Erik Walden, Benny Sapp). couple of this with the horrible by any means mistake of asking 'Is you mother a whore?' and there you have it: even the most savvy and effective management will be erased by these blunders.
    This is a domain, anyway, where only ownership can do something about but the early reviews are not encouraging, see the (un)loyalty display used to tony sparano in 2011 ...
    Let's just hope that they realise it and do something to change perception because now, they are standing pretty low ...
    So glad to hear some intelligence from a TRUE fan. Im glad there are still some out there.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it.. does it make a sound?

If a left tackle blocks, but the QB sucks and the team doesn't win....Did the block actually happen?

what's the purpose?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Yea, I agree. Things have been going swimmingly the last 4 years. I cant figure out the source of people's anger.
    That's the biggest problem, everyone is trying to saddle Ireland with every problem we've had for 10 years. Last year, and this year, since Ireland has had full control we've made nothing but smart moves, and last year's draft was our best yet.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    That's the biggest problem, everyone is trying to saddle Ireland with every problem we've had for 10 years. Last year, and this year, since Ireland has had full control we've made nothing but smart moves, and last year's draft was our best yet.
    Well whos fault is it? You were a relentless Sparano defender. Now youre defending Ireland. 6-10 is one of their faults.
    Quote Quote