Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh, stop whining

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why do we complain?? simple, we haven't won a damn thing since the 70's. Yeah yeah yeah, we won a division title here and there, but seriously, we haven't won a superbowl since the before I was born, and I'm 36! We haven't even been to a superbowl in what, 27 years or so? In that time even the Bucs won a Superbowl! Take away the Wildcat year, we haven't been relevant in over a decade.

That is why I complain.

I do hope that Ireland turns it around. I like the what he is doing. He is thinking long term. Build through the draft. Don't bring in over the hill QBs who will set your cap back for years, don't trade 4 first round picks for a QB who MIGHT be good. Be patient, build the core through the draft. Then you pick up a free agent here and there to plug up a few holes nothing more.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Well whos fault is it? You were a relentless Sparano defender. Now youre defending Ireland. 6-10 is one of their faults.
    listen it has been consistent mediocrity, i get that, but the team is much better than it was before they got here. Honestly, I wouldn'tve dumped Sparano, I know I'll take heat for that but I don't think they're the problem. I believe this team with all of its young talent is getting ready to breakout, Ireland has and will continue to draft well, which matters.

The fault is they came into a completely dysfunctional organization, Huizenga made countless terrible moves which continually set the team back cap and talent wise. The 11-5 season on their first year was a blessing for us as fans, but a curse for them because it was an unsustainable abberation. But because of that it fooled everyone into win now mode, alot more FA signings than we should've done, and slowed the rebuilding process. Now we are actually going about it the right way and I think the fans should see that.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    and last year's draft was our best yet.
    To soon to tell but based on one season this was not a spectacular draft class. Pouncey was a nice choice but beyond that it's a stretch to say the rest had productive seasons. Don't give me that **** about potential, that's not how classes are evaluated.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    To soon to tell but based on one season this was not a spectacular draft class. Pouncey was a nice choice but beyond that it's a stretch to say the rest had productive seasons. Don't give me that **** about potential, that's not how classes are evaluated.
    Yea Im not really seeing this great class I keep hearing about. Pouncey was a safe pick and has been good. Daniel Thomas was not very good last year, Clay had a few flashes as did Wilson. The rest were non-factors.

Quote Quote