Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Three Things on Tim Tebow to the New York Jets

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    2 great chances to make the SB in 3 years, 4 playoff wins, 2 title games. I suppose you prefer to never contend for a playoff spot.
    Great chances to make the SB, but did not or did not win one. I would love for the phins to have made it that far in the past couple years but the one thing both teams have in common is no rings. I hope the wildcat can give you guys false hope as it did for the phins a couple years ago.

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Billk78 View Post
    Cmon guys. No one here wanted Tebow so when the Jets get him we panic? They now have Sanchez, Henne and Tebow. Thats probably the only worse qb corps than us. And with Sparano calling the shots they won't score. There's actually a chance the Jets finish below us in the AFC East this year. If I was worried about any signing today it would be Buffalo getting Anderson.
    Henne is on the Jags and I'm pretty sure no one REALLY want him

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphinDolphinDolphin
    Sanchez is going to LOVE being pulled every time they get in the red zone.

One bad game for Mark and it's TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW Got to love it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Som eof you dont get it. When the Jets went to the two title games they had one of the best running games in the NFL. Why is Sparano there. Which team had the best running game by far last year in the NFL and it was not even close. The answer is Denver becasue of TEBOW.

FRom the wildcat they will run. If you put 9 in the Box Tebow although not that accurate throwing 10 to 15 yards is deadly throwing deep. On top of that He is 95% cetrainty of scoring TDS from inside the 5 regardless of whether you know he will get the ball.

One reason JETS will be running running running next year.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    2 great chances to make the SB in 3 years, 4 playoff wins, 2 title games. I suppose you prefer to never contend for a playoff spot.
    Spin away - Sanchez is is melt-down as I write
    Dmitri Patterson gets indefinitely suspended for "not showing up" and Buttfumble got a raise for "not showing up" - go figure how the JESTS world works?
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbanger View Post
    Som eof you dont get it. When the Jets went to the two title games they had one of the best running games in the NFL. Why is Sparano there. Which team had the best running game by far last year in the NFL and it was not even close. The answer is Denver becasue of TEBOW.

FRom the wildcat they will run. If you put 9 in the Box Tebow although not that accurate throwing 10 to 15 yards is deadly throwing deep. On top of that He is 95% cetrainty of scoring TDS from inside the 5 regardless of whether you know he will get the ball.

One reason JETS will be running running running next year.
    I think Denver ran up a lot of yards - I know they won a few games because of bonehead mistakes by their opponents - I also know they had a pretty good D until they ran out of gas being left on the field 3/4 a game

This whole notion that you can pluck a player off of team A and insert them with team B expecting with the same results rarely translates in the NFL - this isn't MLB
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    I think Denver ran up a lot of yards - I know they won a few games because of bonehead mistakes by their opponents - I also know they had a pretty good D until they ran out of gas being left on the field 3/4 a game

This whole notion that you can pluck a player off of team A and insert them with team B expecting with the same results rarely translates in the NFL - this isn't MLB
    He's not coming here(if this snag doesn't hold up the deal) to be our starting QB, he's coming here to run the WC offense. Maybe 5-6 plays a game, he's a perfect WC QB but I think we gave up too much to get him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishfishin View Post
    All those great moves have given them what????? And your third point is....
    Been to a couple AFC Championship games in the last 3 years, havent won the big one yet but you gotta get to the playoffs to have a shot and the Jets do that.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it appears the jests did not read the contract before announcing the trade and don't want to cough up the 5 million to Denver. I think the deal gets done 50/50 split. Tebow will motivate that locker room they will worker harder because he is there.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    Tebow had games where he completed 2 passes and got sacked like 8 times.. Give pat white more than 5 pass attempts in a whole season and he probably could do the same.
    But they won that game too.
    Quote Quote