Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Three Things on Tim Tebow to the New York Jets

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    C'mon Junc, the only "rumblings" have been about Tebow beating out Sanchez. I haven't seen/heard anything about anybody thinking that Vlad Ducasse is even good enough to challenge Hunter.

Well, if we're talking health, then the Bills OL will be better, too, because they'll have Wood back. So will Miami's. I'm not sure about the Pats, though, since Mankins probably won't be ready for the start of the season, and Matt Light is rumbling about retirement.

As for Sparano, doesn't he like big, massive OLs? I don't know if he has that with the Jets.

As for protecting the QB, that's pretty hard to do when the QB can't make pre-snap reads and holds the ball too long.

The plan to run to set up the pass seems shake since Greene and McKnight don't strike fear into anybody. Last year the Jets' 3.8 YPC was 29th in the league. Pretty paltry for a team that wants to be a run-first team, and might be why the Jets passed so much. Shonn Greene only had a 4.2 ypc and Joe McKnight a 3.1 ypc. Miami ran significantly better than the Jets did -- they were 15th at 4.2 YPC -- but also had much better RB in Reggie Bush who had a 5.0 ypc. A team not only needs a good run-blocking OL to run, it needs the runners to do it. I'm not seeing either on the Jets.
    I assure you there aren't any rumblings about tebow beating out Sanchez, the only way he is a regualr QB for us this year is if Sanchez is hurt or we are out of it by October.

I don't believe it either b/c I haven't seen anything in Ducasse yet but remember, this is his first real offseason. he was a rookie 2 years ago and the lockout robbed the offseason last year.

Healthy the Jets have a damn good OL, Wood is a nice player but he's not Mangold.

I don't know what Sparano likes to be honest.

Sanchez didn't have problems making pre-snap reads in 2010. When he had a brand new receiving corps(minus one WR) and a banged up/mediocre OL it's hard to make plays no matter what he sees in the D.

Again, Greene averaged 4.3 w/ a mediocre OL. Greene is good but we still need help there. I don't think we'll be running 60-40 or even 55/45 but it will be closer to 50/50 than it was last year. We will still pass more but I expect a much better ground game and a much better OL which will result in a much better Sanchez but we'll see.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol Jets...ticking time bomb
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol Bills fans, thinking they are actually a playoff team. it reminds of.... September of last year
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    lol Bills fans, thinking they are actually a playoff team. it reminds of.... September of last year
    Why can't they be playoff contenders? No one thought Denver would be in the playoffs last September. So why not Buffalo? I get the Jets had their two back to back ALMOST Super Bowl appearances, but just to count any team out because you have an ego, doesn't mean it can't happen.

And commence to spin the record...
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Why can't they be playoff contenders? No one thought Denver would be in the playoffs last September. So why not Buffalo? I get the Jets had their two back to back ALMOST Super Bowl appearances, but just to count any team out because you have an ego, doesn't mean it can't happen.

And commence to spin the record...
    why is every word taken so literally? are we not allowed to joke around?

I do think Buf can be playoff contenders but I don't think they will be as a good as the Jets, you are right in that you never know but unfortunately for the Bills they don't play in the AFC West where 8 wins can get you to the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    why is every word taken so literally? are we not allowed to joke around?

I do think Buf can be playoff contenders but I don't think they will be as a good as the Jets, you are right in that you never know but unfortunately for the Bills they don't play in the AFC West where 8 wins can get you to the playoffs.
    No offense Junc, but with you, it is REALLY hard to know when you are joking. Emoticons or not. You spend so much time trying to disprove any theory or hope a Dolphins fan (or a Bills fan) might have that it all comes off as very cynical.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    No offense Junc, but with you, it is REALLY hard to know when you are joking. Emoticons or not. You spend so much time trying to disprove any theory or hope a Dolphins fan (or a Bills fan) might have that it all comes off as very cynical.
    I think one thing too many of us forget is that this stuff is all supposed to be fun. I have fun arguing the nonsense we discuss, some people get bent out of shape.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I could say the same of the Jet fans, no?
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CirclingWagons View Post
    I could say the same of the Jet fans, no?
    Yeah, we were pretty ****y starting 1-3 but I did say we'd be a playoff contener and Buf would be out of it by dec which is exactly what happened but I couldn't have seen the choke by the Jets coming.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, we were pretty ****y starting 1-3 but I did say we'd be a playoff contener and Buf would be out of it by dec which is exactly what happened but I couldn't have seen the choke by the Jets coming.
    tbh I never considered the Bills a playoff team last year, even when they were 5-2. I don't consider them one this year either (although their schedule should be kinder). I just want to to see the new D-Line play
    Quote Quote