Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated WalterFootball Mock

1. -1
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Updated WalterFootball Mock

8. Miami Dolphins: Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
    The Dolphins get screwed out of another quarterback, which has become a theme this offseason. They'll draft Ryan Tannehill if he's available, but he's long gone. They better hope that Mike Holmgren really dislikes the A&M signal-caller.

With Tannehill off the board, Miami can address another dire need. The front office wasn't able to obtain a pass-rushing complement across from Cameron Wake. Melvin Ingram is a great fit for the Dolphins' 4-3/3-4 hybrid defense because he can be used in any formation. That's why I'm slotting him over Quinton Coples.

*** OTHER 2012 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Ryan Tannehill, QB - I can't see the Dolphins passing on Ryan Tannehill if he's somehow available.

2. Riley Reiff, OT - Another hole on Miami's roster is at right tackle.

42. Miami Dolphins: Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State
    If the Dolphins can't obtain Ryan Tannehill at No. 8, they'll have to trade up into the back end of the first round for Brandon Weeden or Kirk Cousins. I can't believe how bad things have gotten in Miami.

73. Miami Dolphins: Orson Charles, TE, Georgia
    A weapon for Miami's new quarterback. Anthony Fasano is not a legitimate starting tight end, so the Dolphins need to provide Brandon Weeden with a solid intermediate target.

74. Miami Dolphins: Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
    And here's another weapon. The Dolphins acquired this selection by trading away Brandon Marshall. Why not take a receiver to replace him?

103. Miami Dolphins: Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn
    Marc Colombo stinks. He can't block anyone. Of the nine sacks the Dolphins surrendered against the Eagles, Colombo was responsible for three of them.

137. Miami Dolphins: Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas
    The Dolphins need multiple receivers in the wake of trading Brandon Marshall to the Bears

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    How Bout Them Fins?!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cutler Ridge, South Flori
    Thanks / No Thanks
    a draft like this will go a long way in rectifying the wrongs that Ireland has done...fills many holes...
    Trust in Tanny
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldfin View Post
    8. Miami Dolphins: Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
    The Dolphins get screwed out of another quarterback, which has become a theme this offseason. They'll draft Ryan Tannehill if he's available, but he's long gone. They better hope that Mike Holmgren really dislikes the A&M signal-caller.

With Tannehill off the board, Miami can address another dire need. The front office wasn't able to obtain a pass-rushing complement across from Cameron Wake. Melvin Ingram is a great fit for the Dolphins' 4-3/3-4 hybrid defense because he can be used in any formation. That's why I'm slotting him over Quinton Coples.

*** OTHER 2012 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Ryan Tannehill, QB - I can't see the Dolphins passing on Ryan Tannehill if he's somehow available.

2. Riley Reiff, OT - Another hole on Miami's roster is at right tackle.

42. Miami Dolphins: Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State
    If the Dolphins can't obtain Ryan Tannehill at No. 8, they'll have to trade up into the back end of the first round for Brandon Weeden or Kirk Cousins. I can't believe how bad things have gotten in Miami.

73. Miami Dolphins: Orson Charles, TE, Georgia
    A weapon for Miami's new quarterback. Anthony Fasano is not a legitimate starting tight end, so the Dolphins need to provide Brandon Weeden with a solid intermediate target.

74. Miami Dolphins: Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
    And here's another weapon. The Dolphins acquired this selection by trading away Brandon Marshall. Why not take a receiver to replace him?

103. Miami Dolphins: Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn
    Marc Colombo stinks. He can't block anyone. Of the nine sacks the Dolphins surrendered against the Eagles, Colombo was responsible for three of them.

137. Miami Dolphins: Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas
    The Dolphins need multiple receivers in the wake of trading Brandon Marshall to the Bears

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php
    I like all of the picks except for the #8. I would take TRich if he is still there. Weeden is a good pick at 42...if he is still there.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hell lets take Tannehill at 8 and Weeden with our 2nd. Cover all the bases.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    How Bout Them Fins?!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cutler Ridge, South Flori
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dont mind ingram at #8 if we can still get some WRs and a TE at some point, both positions are rather deep...

but i have serious doubts that weeden will be there at #42, someone will take a shot at him late 1st/early 2nd i feel...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    now that we traded marshall away, we need to get a wr with the first pick

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Fin fan in hostile territory

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the draft, especially Ingram and Toon. At this point I'd say Cousins would be the best QB pick because he could be gotten in the third round, allowing us to use our first two picks to grab the BPA in other holes we have. Its true great teams are built through the draft but not by drafting poorly (see Tannehill at #8)
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Want to see an interesting mock draft? Look at Walters 2013 mock draft. Miami drafts #1
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by biggiesmalls3k1 View Post
    i dont mind ingram at #8 if we can still get some WRs and a TE at some point, both positions are rather deep...

but i have serious doubts that weeden will be there at #42, someone will take a shot at him late 1st/early 2nd i feel...
    The thing is, if Tannehill ends up in Cleveland, then who trades back into the 1st round to take Weeden? Plus all of the teams that go ahead of us in the 2nd round have their QB's in place, apart from maybe the Jags,who I doubt will take a QB that high after spending a 1st on Gabbert last year.

I think its a good possibility he drops to us in the 2nd.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Want to see an interesting mock draft? Look at Walters 2013 mock draft. Miami drafts #1
    No point in taking a QB now then. Haha.
    Quote Quote