Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 96

Thread: Tebow already dividing the locker room

  1. -51
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    225
    vCash:
    1393
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    awesome, which is more important? comp % or wins? The TD to INT ration is skewed from his rookie year.

    Dilfer didn't suck, you are showing what you really know about this game.
    You're right, Dilfer was far better than Sanchez is and even at that he still was about a average and limited as an NFL starter can be. Look yo can pretend all you like, sooner or later you will have no choice but to face the fact that Sanchez isn't and never will be the QB you think he is. You're about to face that reality this season.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,232
    vCash:
    21000
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    You're right, Dilfer was far better than Sanchez is and even at that he still was about a average and limited as an NFL starter can be. Look yo can pretend all you like, sooner or later you will have no choice but to face the fact that Sanchez isn't and never will be the QB you think he is. You're about to face that reality this season.
    I don't think he is anything more than he is, you don't win as much as the Jets have w/ a bad QB.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    225
    vCash:
    1393
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't think he is anything more than he is, you don't win as much as the Jets have w/ a bad QB.
    Look you can pretend all you like, sooner or later reality can't be ignored.

    Sanchez aka "The Dirty Taco" as a 3 year starter has a 55.3% completion rating, a TD/Int ratio of 55/51 and check this out 17 Fumbles!!! Sanchez is awful, in fact there are only three Qb's that ranked lower than Taco boy in completion percentage this past season, John Skelton ????? Curtis Painter, and you're going to love this, your next starting QB the great Tim Tebow!!!
    Look the sad fact is the Jets had a great defense, so good in fact that if they had even an average QB in the two AFC championship years, they would have at very least gotten to the Super Bowl, maybe win one or both. That window is now closed, and as much as you want to pretend it isn't so, facts are facts. Time to rebuild, and it doesn't matter if you believe me or not because by the end of this season you won't be able to deny it any longer.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    Kinzua's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    1,299
    vCash:
    1162
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    2 of his 3 years he's been in the conf title game, he has the 2nd most road playoff wins for a starting QB in the history of the game. He has shown much more positive than negative and is still developing. You are spoiled watching the best in the game for the last decade plus.
    All those playoff wins weren't because of Sanchez. They were because the Jests had a great D, a great OL, and a great running game that allowed Senor Check-down to give a reasonable facsimile of a good NFL QB. When Sanchez's supporting cast declined in 2011, he was revealed for the mediocre actor he'd always been.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,232
    vCash:
    21000
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    Look you can pretend all you like, sooner or later reality can't be ignored.

    Sanchez aka "The Dirty Taco" as a 3 year starter has a 55.3% completion rating, a TD/Int ratio of 55/51 and check this out 17 Fumbles!!! Sanchez is awful, in fact there are only three Qb's that ranked lower than Taco boy in completion percentage this past season, John Skelton ????? Curtis Painter, and you're going to love this, your next starting QB the great Tim Tebow!!!
    Look the sad fact is the Jets had a great defense, so good in fact that if they had even an average QB in the two AFC championship years, they would have at very least gotten to the Super Bowl, maybe win one or both. That window is now closed, and as much as you want to pretend it isn't so, facts are facts. Time to rebuild, and it doesn't matter if you believe me or not because by the end of this season you won't be able to deny it any longer.
    You can recite all the meaningless individual #s you want but he helps his team WIN.

    If we go by just #s then I guess Sanchez is a better postseason QB than Tom Brady?

    Through 6 postseason games:

    Sanchez: 95-157, 60.5%, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, led O to 20 PPG
    Brady: 135-223, 60.5%, 6 TDs, 3 INTs, led O to 17.8 PPG(and I gave him credit for Pitt title game pts in '01 even though he was hurt)

    using your flawed logic Sanchez is the better postseason QB!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    All those playoff wins weren't because of Sanchez. They were because the Jests had a great D, a great OL, and a great running game that allowed Senor Check-down to give a reasonable facsimile of a good NFL QB. When Sanchez's supporting cast declined in 2011, he was revealed for the mediocre actor he'd always been.
    of course they weren't solely b/c of him but he played a big role.

    so when the Jets win it's all b/c of the D, OL and run game and when they lose it's all b/c of the QB? interesting.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    225
    vCash:
    1393
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    You can recite all the meaningless individual #s you want but he helps his team WIN.

    If we go by just #s then I guess Sanchez is a better postseason QB than Tom Brady?

    Through 6 postseason games:

    Sanchez: 95-157, 60.5%, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, led O to 20 PPG
    Brady: 135-223, 60.5%, 6 TDs, 3 INTs, led O to 17.8 PPG(and I gave him credit for Pitt title game pts in '01 even though he was hurt)

    using your flawed logic Sanchez is the better postseason QB!



    of course they weren't solely b/c of him but he played a big role.

    so when the Jets win it's all b/c of the D, OL and run game and when they lose it's all b/c of the QB? interesting.

    The only flawed logic here is yours. Statistics become flawed when people like you cherry pick only the ones you want because you only really care about trying to prove your argument. You want to use only that group of playoff games because it masks the larger reality you don't want to face, which is that Sanchez with his 54% completion rating over 3 years has been one of the bottom five QB's in the league since he place a foot on the field. It's always difficult measuring individual performance within a team game, yet with a QB it's much less so, the body of work over the duration of time doesn't lie, and it says exactly who Taco Boy is as a QB. Look I could care less if you believe me of not because you seem to be the type that once Sanchez is cut or benched will still try and deny what's obvious to most.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,232
    vCash:
    21000
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    The only flawed logic here is yours. Statistics become flawed when people like you cherry pick only the ones you want because you only really care about trying to prove your argument. You want to use only that group of playoff games because it masks the larger reality you don't want to face, which is that Sanchez with his 54% completion rating over 3 years has been one of the bottom five QB's in the league since he place a foot on the field. It's always difficult measuring individual performance within a team game, yet with a QB it's much less so, the body of work over the duration of time doesn't lie, and it says exactly who Taco Boy is as a QB. Look I could care less if you believe me of not because you seem to be the type that once Sanchez is cut or benched will still try and deny what's obvious to most.
    I don't use just #s to evaluate, I am using your flawed logic using stricly individual #s to evaluate.

    QBs are judged on winning games, making plays to win games and leading their team in the EZ. sanchez in 3 years is not close to one of the worst starting QBs in the league in that span. At times he has been bad but in 2010 he was a borderline top 10 QB and for much of 2011 he was in that 10-15 range until the late season team meltdown.

    I don't care what you think, I'm sure you thought the jets had no chance at NE in the '10 playoffs, I'm sure you thought NE would beat the Giants both times.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    225
    vCash:
    1393
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't use just #s to evaluate, I am using your flawed logic using stricly individual #s to evaluate.

    QBs are judged on winning games, making plays to win games and leading their team in the EZ. sanchez in 3 years is not close to one of the worst starting QBs in the league in that span. At times he has been bad but in 2010 he was a borderline top 10 QB and for much of 2011 he was in that 10-15 range until the late season team meltdown.

    I don't care what you think, I'm sure you thought the jets had no chance at NE in the '10 playoffs, I'm sure you thought NE would beat the Giants both times.
    Wow you really are in denial, so why don't you tell me in which year the Dirty Taco was a top 10 QB? Was it in 09 with his 53% completion % 29 of 32 starting QBs? Or was it 2010 with 54% also 29 of 32 QBs?, Or how about last year when he shot all the way up to 56% for 27 of 32 starting QBs??? I've seen blind homers before but nothing like you. I actually feel bad for you that two lost AFC Championship games have become something to brag about, like it's your only validation that the Jets did something. You know I don't blame you for wanting Sanchez to be something he's not, but denial on your level is just not a healthy thing, you could end up in a padded room like many Jets fans, still convinced that Chad Pennington is the next Joe Montana. Heck even him with a noodle arm was better than Taco boy has ever been.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,232
    vCash:
    21000
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    There were not 10 better QBs in 2010 than Mark sanchez, again you just look at fantasy #s but when you see all he did you would understand. he led 4-5 late comebacks to win games, he led a GW drive to defeat Peyton at Indy in postseason then outdueled the best QB of this generation in the div rd. Don't just look at #s, Sanchez took a step back in 2011 despite better #s across the board.

    You can keep hurling inuslts and acting like this is 2033 and 2004 but my team has been better than your team 2 of the last 3 seasons so you don't have much in the rex years to brag about over us.

    I can sense your fear, I am sure you took a deep breath after the jets were eliminated for fear of a repeat of the '10 playoff game.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    225
    vCash:
    1393
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    There were not 10 better QBs in 2010 than Mark sanchez, again you just look at fantasy #s but when you see all he did you would understand. he led 4-5 late comebacks to win games, he led a GW drive to defeat Peyton at Indy in postseason then outdueled the best QB of this generation in the div rd. Don't just look at #s, Sanchez took a step back in 2011 despite better #s across the board.

    You can keep hurling inuslts and acting like this is 2033 and 2004 but my team has been better than your team 2 of the last 3 seasons so you don't have much in the rex years to brag about over us.

    I can sense your fear, I am sure you took a deep breath after the jets were eliminated for fear of a repeat of the '10 playoff game.
    So when will the Jets get their rings for that grand accomplishment? Will there be a banner in Giants Stadium? Oh and yes, I'm sure all Pats fans were just sooo scared of the N.Y. Jests. After all they just tore it up all year!!! Do you have any idea how foolish you sound? The Patriots are like 18-6 against the Jets over the last decade or so with a 1-1 record in the playoffs, You know even the blind chipmonk stops talking about the nut he found two years ago. Yet something tells me it's all you're going to have to hold on to for the next several years. Let me tell you how it's going to play out next season, the jets will start out 0-2 with the taco boy's under the gun, by week 4 or 5 the Jets will be 1-4 maybe 2-3 and in full panic mode, at which point Fat Bastard will be fearing for his job and decide start Tebow. Here's where it gets fun, Tebow will actually spark the team and win a few games getting Jets fans excited, until of course they realize he isn't an NFL QB, and by this time the Jets will be 4-7 or 5-8. Now at this point Fat Bastard will know if he doesn't make the playoffs he's out and will once again bring back Taco Boy and put the season on his shoulders. When all is said and done, the Jets are 6-10 maybe 7-9, Fat Bastards fired along with Tannybum, and Taco boy who will still be carrying a larger cap cut number than keep number will be back. At that point you will be on some Jets board crying about how they set Sanchez up to fail and that he really played well but had no support and just wait until next year. The sad thing is it takes no great skill to see whats coming, enjoy.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Locker room
    By Joe_robbie#1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 11:10 AM
  2. Reaction from the locker room on the win
    By AtticusFinz in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 11:10 PM
  3. The locker room reaction following a win
    By TheDon74 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 04:46 PM
  4. please help...locker room
    By dixie3363 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 03:46 AM
  5. Quotes From the Locker Room
    By dolphan39 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-23-2002, 02:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •