Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's with the New England Patriots?

1. -1
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo

What's with the New England Patriots?

Signing half the league this offseason. Robert Gallery, Donte Stallworth, Brandon Lloyd, Anthony Gonzalez, Will Allen. I've actually heard of all these players

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lloyd's a great pickup. Will be there number 1 receiver straight off and adds more to the offense. The rest are more roster pickups and I'd would say either Stallworth or Gonzalez will be cut during camp.

Considering the problems they had in the secondary, I'm surprised they only picked up Allen,who is not a starter at this stage of his career.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Plus they have like 54 draft picks. I wonder how they're able to stay under the cap every year while changing the roster so much.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All scrubs, except Lloyd
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most of the guys are on 1 year contracts and with the exception of Lloyd and possibly Gallery, are mostly depth/rotational players.

Fanene will replace Mike Wright's role on the defense and Gallery will fill in at left guard if Mankins isn't ready when the season starts.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Plus they have like 54 draft picks. I wonder how they're able to stay under the cap every year while changing the roster so much.
    The Patriots have a QB who makes enough money that he can restructure his contract, make less the $1Million, and free up $7+million in cap space.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brady is coming to the end of his career and the Pats* are trying to load up for a last hurrah for him.I don't blame them because I would do the same.When Brady retires he takes their relevence with him and they know it.Belicheat is no genius....contrary to what the media might be promoting.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman View Post
    Brady is coming to the end of his career and the Pats* are trying to load up for a last hurrah for him.I don't blame them because I would do the same.When Brady retires he takes their relevence with him and they know it.Belicheat is no genius....contrary to what the media might be promoting.
    This coming from a Jet fan who's team hasn't had any relevence in 42 years is comical. Brady is a once in a life time QB, no doubt, but something tells me B.B. will still be far and away a better coach than the fat loud mouth the Jets have. Then again after the Jets go 6-10 this year he may be gone.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    This coming from a Jet fan who's team hasn't had any relevence in 42 years is comical. Brady is a once in a life time QB, no doubt, but something tells me B.B. will still be far and away a better coach than the fat loud mouth the Jets have. Then again after the Jets go 6-10 this year he may be gone.

Both of you are right.
    The Jets were relevant only once in their history. BB can whip Rex while taking a cat nap. The hiring of Sparano, and the impending mediocrity will signal another regime change.
    The Patriots will soon find out about life after Tommy. They will still be good, but not dominant with another QB. Mallet? The Pats have not won anything since 2007. I think the bloom is already off the rose.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Both of you are right.
    The Jets were relevant only once in their history. BB can whip Rex while taking a cat nap. The hiring of Sparano, and the impending mediocrity will signal another regime change.
    The Patriots will soon find out about life after Tommy. They will still be good, but not dominant with another QB. Mallet? The Pats have not won anything since 2007. I think the bloom is already off the rose.
    Of course you do, and I'm sure you think the Phins are just about to turn the corner.
    Quote Quote