Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Superman/Batman movie officially announced!!!! as MOS2

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Superman/Batman movie officially announced!!!! as MOS2

BURBANK, CA, July 20, 2013 – On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyderis bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcomingfilm brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date inSummer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, “Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, “Whilst our ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.”

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...0WT0lozeioP.99
    cant wait. an announcement for the flash movie was leaked to be released 2016
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Lol I think we made threads about this at the same time.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Wow, Summer 2015 is going to be epic.

Superman/Batman
    Avengers 2
    Independence Day 2
    Jurassic Park IV
    Star Wars Episode VII
    Pirates of the Caribbean 5
    Terminator 5

I might have even missed a title or two.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Superman/Batman movie officially announced!!!! as MOS2

Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Wow, Summer 2015 is going to be epic.

Superman/Batman
    Avengers 2
    Independence Day 2
    Jurassic Park IV
    Star Wars Episode VII
    Pirates of the Caribbean 5
    Terminator 5

I might have even missed a title or two.
    With the exception of Star Wars, all of those movies will be awful...

Interested to see how they do Superman Batman... Could be interesting, but not holding my breath.

They really need to put the Pirates, Terminator and Jurassic Park franchises to rest...

And Independence Day 2? WTF?

I can't see that being any good. ID4 aged incredibly poorly.
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: Superman/Batman movie officially announced!!!! as MOS2

Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post

Interested to see how they do Superman Batman... Could be interesting, but not holding my breath.

They really need to put the Pirates, Terminator and Jurassic Park franchises to rest...

How do you figure Avengers 2 will be bad?

As for Batman and Superman. I think this could be a potential bomb waiting to happen. Forget the fact that you have to cast a new Batman. From a sheer story telling point of view a Superman/Batman story is hard to pull off. Even the people at DC have a hard time doing it due to the fact that the characters are such polar opposites.

They really should save this for a off shoot movie and not make it part of the new Superman movies. They need to flesh out this new Superman a little more. This comes off more as Warner Bros doesn't have faith in the fact that another stand alone Superman movie can do well a second time around.

I will have to wait and see. But I for one think this team up needs to happen at a later time.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo

Obviously I strongly disagree with you.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post

As for Batman and Superman. I think this could be a potential bomb waiting to happen. Forget the fact that you have to cast a new Batman. From a sheer story telling point of view a Superman/Batman story is hard to pull off. Even the people at DC have a hard time doing it due to the fact that the characters are such polar opposites.

They really should save this for a off shoot movie and not make it part of the new Superman movies. They need to flesh out this new Superman a little more. This comes off more as Warner Bros doesn't have faith in the fact that another stand alone Superman movie can do well a second time around.

I will have to wait and see. But I for one think this team up needs to happen at a later time.

Well, considering I thought the first Avengers movie was god awful...

I think I am kind of over super hero movies for the most part.

I LOVED the Dark Knight trilogy. I am a big fan of the Iron Man movies as well. But I the rest of them have pretty much all sucked in my opinion. The only one I can still stomach is the Amazing Spider-Man reboot.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    Lol I think we made threads about this at the same time.
    yeah my bad man
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post

I think it could be done right. just think with the aftermath of mos that luthor reaches out to Wayne enterprise to help rebuild the city and figure away to get rid of the alien in supes. just a thought. I would rather a mos2 but il take what I get
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: Superman/Batman movie officially announced!!!! as MOS2

Well, considering I thought the first Avengers movie was god awful...

I think I am kind of over super hero movies for the most part.

I LOVED the Dark Knight trilogy. I am a big fan of the Iron Man movies as well. But I the rest of them have pretty much all sucked in my opinion. The only one I can still stomach is the Amazing Spider-Man reboot.
    Well then I would have to label you not a nerd. Lol. I mean that is the only reason I can think why you didn't like the Avengers. Especially sense you like the Iron Man movies.

But to each their own. Nub and I can geek out about each movie in the mean time. ;-)

Quote Quote