Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Matt Moore was the 12th best QB in the NFL last season

1. -101
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Cherry picking stats? Him? Never. My favorite was during Sanchez's rookie year. Sanchez was throwing a ton more picks than tds, his qbr was in the 60s and even though the jets had a dominant OL, running game and defense, Sanchez was killing them. So of course, coming to his conclusion first before looking at the information, he was saying that Sanchez was an above average qb. This was during his rookie season. QBR in the 60s, losing games to Jax at home. Of course he was ridiculed for saying this but do you know what his reasoning was? He was arguing that if you took out this game and this game than his numbers werent that bad. LOL Back than, he was picking and choosing what games to look at stat wise and to completely ignore games where Sanchez ished the bed. It was hilarious. Funny how things havent changed lol
    reading has never been your friend, I said he had a good year for a ROOKIE, he wasn't good for a vet.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    At least you gotta admit he's consistent in never yielding a point, admitting he's wrong or fancy-footing around facts not helpful to his agenda.. even when it's his own home boys who are attempting to dispense doses of reality.

To wit: an entertaining thread in his home forum which essentially confirms what we all know. (to junk's credit, while he might not have been open-minded about the criticism, nor objective, he did take it good naturedly.

GangGreen Forum Thread Titled "Things NYJunc Would Never Say"
    I have fun on thse forums but they are filled w/ mostly typical fans who get their football knowledge from espn and stat sheets so it doesn't bother me if people disagree w/ me. I am not a typical fan like most on the boards. I apologize if this offends people but I don't slobber over big names, I don't think every move made by my team is a good move. it's why I spent a summer being bashed up and down on here for saying you made a huge mistake getting Culepper. Just b/c the majority feel one way does not make it true, that has been proven over and over and over again here and on theganggreen.com
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    reading has never been your friend, I said he had a good year for a ROOKIE, he wasn't good for a vet.
    Nope. Sorry......during his rookie year you said he was "an above average qb" If a mod can look up posts that far back id be happy to make a bet with you. Loser leaves forever.
    Last edited by LordPicklewagon; 03-30-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Nope. Sorry......during his rookie year you said he was "an above average qb" If a mod can look up posts that far back id be happy to make a bet with you. Loser leaves forever.
    good luck finding that.

I wouldn't want you to leave the board even though you contribute nothing so I won't bet but I 100% guarantee you I never said he was an above average QB in 2009. I always said he was good for a ROOKIE which is very different than calling someone a good QB.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    good luck finding that.

I wouldn't want you to leave the board even though you contribute nothing so I won't bet but I 100% guarantee you I never said he was an above average QB in 2009. I always said he was good for a ROOKIE which is very different than calling someone a good QB.
    You would be 100% wrong. If you are so confident make the bet. Im 100% confident you said it. I remember the ridicule you got afterwards.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

I don't care about meaningless stats. Tebow(who is not a good QB) led his team to the playoffs and won a playoff game, sanchez has helped his team reach TWO title games, Moore has only had limited success when his teams are out of the race and have no shot at postseason. Their stats don't tell you that but please continue to look foolish posting meaningless stats.
    Opposed to you who simply looks foolish. Sanchez did not "help" the Jets go to the playoffs rated as one of the worse QBs in the NFL, the Jets went in SPITE of him. Which is why they brought in Tebow to replace him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    I've been over at the Jet's Scout.com site, the greenandwhite.com site.

And I've been explaining in detail how Tebow had a better season then Sanchez did.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=65&f=1875&t=8829029&p=81

I guess we are all massive homers but considering that Sanchez has never did better then being rated the 23rd QB in the NFL, you wonder why they think he is so great.

Do some stat research I found not only where Tebow had a better season last year then Sanchez did, but in 2009 and 2010 that Chad Henne had better seasons then Sanchez did.

When I was really breaking down the stats, I could not help but notice that Matt Moore outplayed Sanchez in every aspect of the game.

So maybe we are not in as bad shape as we thought.......

If you're down and confused
    And you don't remember why
    These are the players we are talking to
    Concentration slips away
    Cos your franchise QB is so far away

[Chorus]
    And give Ireland a fisted glove
    And the seahawk craps from above
    And if you can't have the QB
    You love Dolphin Fans
    Love the one you have

Don't be angry don't be sad
    Don't sit crying over good
    QBs you had
    There's a player, right next to you
    And he's just waiting for something
    To do

[Chorus]

Calm down and do what you can
    He's a QB and you're a fan
    So get it together make it nice
    And you won't need any more advice

[Chorus]

When Ireland is with another team
    drafting a good QB will pick up steam
    take him early like we should
    and our chances will then be good
    Quick note, before anyone says Junc hijacked this thread... the op mentioned sanchez, what did you expect?
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    You start a thread like this there will be blood.............
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    Quick note, before anyone says Junc hijacked this thread... the op mentioned sanchez, what did you expect?
    Yaaa, I screwed up. I also look at this as karma for being over there explaining why Tebow is better then Sanchez.

P.S. They are a nasty bunch, the pure hatred for Tebow is unreal. Maybe it is because Tebow drove 95 yards on them and ran for a 20 yard TD to win the game after Sanchez threw a pick 6. Or maybe it is a Jersey thing.....
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK you ass-clowns have fun playing with each other down here. Call each other worthless ****ing bottom feeding ******* mother****s for all a care now.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote