Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Do You Expect the Dolphins to Trade Up For Tannehill?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 10.20%
  • No

44 89.80%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tannehill: What Do You Expect...

1. -1
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tannehill: What Do You Expect...

Explain your vote?

I feel that we might trade up for the guy. You?
    Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything. Larry Csonka

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do I think we will trade up? No.

Do I think he'll be there at #8? Yes.

Do I think we'll take him at #8? Yes.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just expect that the FO retards -- the Ross/Ireland knuckleheads -- will trade up in order to win over the fans after their off season debacle. There could be plenty of shifts and turns for our team this upcoming draft. This FO in desperation mode folks; anything can happen. They will trade up for Tannehill whether we like it or not. Crap!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Die hard Fins Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no for trade up, he'll be there at 8....and we will take him...then he'll sit on the bench to learn about the system and how the NFL works speed wise and such
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A&O View Post
    I just expect that the FO retards -- the Ross/Ireland knuckleheads -- will trade up in order to win over the fans after their off season debacle. There could be plenty of shifts and turns for our team this upcoming draft. This FO in desperation mode folks; anything can happen. They will trade up for Tannehill whether we like it or not. Crap!
    We can't afford to give up more picks though. We have too many needs. Our FO knows this.

What will it take to trade up to #3 or #4? It'll be expensive and we can't afford that now that it seems we'll be building through the draft. If (and I suspect when) he gets past Cleveland then he'll slide to #8 no problem. Ain't nobody else trading up for him, he is a good prospect with plenty of upside but he is no Luck or RG3.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm really against trading up for him. If he's not there at #8, take one of the elite players that will fall, or take Kuechly and draft Weeden in the early 2nd.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    I'm really against trading up for him. If he's not there at #8, take one of the elite players that will fall, or take Kuechly and draft Weeden in the early 2nd.
    Just watched more videos highlights on tannehill and the only thing i have to say is, chad henne all over again. He has all the traits chad henne had, terrible decision maker, afraid to get rid of the ball, bad accuracy, looks like a running back out there more than a qb. When he does get rid of the ball often makes a inaaccuarate throw when under pressure or throws a interception. LSU picked him off 3 times on short passes and 1 was a long pass. Dolphins fans and myself better hope to god the vikings take this guy or that the dolphins trade down and he doesnt make it to us, or better yet hopefully ireland is not this dum gm we thought he was and he doesnt reach on this pick. In my opinion matt moore is miles better than this qb from a and m.

Not saying he cant get better with better coaching, but for a 1st round pick do we want to take a gamble on another qb that reminds you of chad henne? your suppose to feel good with who u draft in round 1, i dont feel good with this pick at all and hopefully ireland is smarter than i think come draft day. We are not in desperate need for a qb like some say, matt moore proved he is way better than henne and can win, we also have a veteran david garrard who can hold it down pretty damn good if moore goes down.

I really hope and pray we stay away from this pick, it will be 2 years before we even see the kid play, i think its a great pick up at #2 but waisting a #8 overall pick when we can target potential HOF's type caliber players like claiborne/richardson/blackmon on another possible chad henne type player just makes life worse for a dolphin fan.

The thing that scares me the most is that people are actually talking about trading up for this qb now, thats the scariest part. Maybe i can live with trading down in the 1st to the cowboys to #16 or so and gettin an extra 2nd round pick than taking tannehill there. That i think we can all live with but trading down to get a 2nd round prospect?? frustrating...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    Just watched more videos highlights on tannehill and the only thing i have to say is, chad henne all over again. He has all the traits chad henne had, terrible decision maker, afraid to get rid of the ball, bad accuracy, looks like a running back out there more than a qb. When he does get rid of the ball often makes a inaaccuarate throw when under pressure or throws a interception. LSU picked him off 3 times on short passes and 1 was a long pass. Dolphins fans and myself better hope to god the vikings take this guy or that the dolphins trade down and he doesnt make it to us, or better yet hopefully ireland is not this dum gm we thought he was and he doesnt reach on this pick. In my opinion matt moore is miles better than this qb from a and m.

Not saying he cant get better with better coaching, but for a 1st round pick do we want to take a gamble on another qb that reminds you of chad henne? your suppose to feel good with who u draft in round 1, i dont feel good with this pick at all and hopefully ireland is smarter than i think come draft day. We are not in desperate need for a qb like some say, matt moore proved he is way better than henne and can win, we also have a veteran david garrard who can hold it down pretty damn good if moore goes down.
    That's a bunch of poppycokk. Henne and Tannehill are nothing alike

Tannehill night and day has far better pocket feel and awareness than Henne ever had. Henne has no clue how to recognize or feel a rush

Tannehill night and day is far better with "touch" passes. Tanny is also a far better passer while on the run. And Tanny is far better with his legs overall than the statue known as Chad Henne

There's more, but that's just to name a few very OBVIOUS differences that only a blind person can miss
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think they want him but they will wait and see if he makes it to 8. If not, I expect them to trade down. They say they want to build through the draft now and thry can't do that if they are trading away picks.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have a feeling K.C will trade up to #7 for him....and comparing Henne to Tannehill is retarded....Greg Cosell says he has the best pocket presence of any QB in this draft..he also likes Tannehill...I hope we get him...
    Quote Quote