Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Tannehill: Final Word

1. -31
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How does he compare to J Clausen and M buttfumble who you stand behind??
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If none of the top six players drop then you have to compare Tannehill to the value thats left.Coples > Effort issueReiff > RT reach and not your prototypical LT eitherIngram > Great player but a tweener and lots of pass rushers in this draftDecastro > Guard is a reachKuechly > Limted to MLB is a reachAny WR other then Blackmon is not required for WCO and would also be a reachTannehill is the pick unless Claiborne, Richardson, or Blackmon falls to us. He may be a reach but so will everyone else. QB is our biggest need too.If not there, trade down for more second and third round picks.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post
    your exact quote from yesterday "lol, because some draft guru says we should take him in the first to get him we have to listen to them, remember ryan leaf and jamarcus russell what the draft gurus said about them?? I looked at plenty of hightlights and hes a good prospect but to be honest i compare him alot to matt moore, only thing is he is much younger so he can get better but hes arm strength just isnt worth a 1st round pick"

After you watch some more youtube....I mean game tape, you'll change it to how he reminds you of Pat Devlin.
    well i must be saying something right if you are literally saving my posts from a week ago lmao. Matt moore , chad henne, whatever, does it matter? hes not worth a 1st, all that really matters in the end.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    How does he compare to J Clausen and M buttfumble who you stand behind??

Not as good as Mark buttfumble, about even with Clausen....

...not as good as Chad Henne, who's obviously better than Matt Ryan according to you.

About even with Sam Bradford, who looks a lot like Clausen.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Good post, but I respectfully disagree.......this franchise has to roll the dice on a QB and I really like Tannehill's potential. Obviously he has limited experience which more than explains some of the negatives you detailed. This franchise has got to stop passing on quarterbacks...it is the major cause of the failure of the last 12 years of franchise history.

So reach and hope for the best, just to say you drafted a QB?

The OP in better detail explained things better than I have. I being in BIG 12 country seen this kid alot. I seen him meltdown in certain games, just throwing **** up in the 2nd half causing his team problems. People need to get off YOUTUBE and actually know what he does when things get tight and when things matter. Slim put it there for ya.

But that doesn't matter to you and others like you. You want this FO to reach for a prospect that will get people fired. It already cost one coach on this NEW MIA staff their job. If Tannhill is taken at #8, this FO and Coaching staff will get booed out of town within 3 years.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    well i must be saying something right if you are literally saving my posts from a week ago lmao. Matt moore , chad henne, whatever, does it matter? hes not worth a 1st, all that really matters in the end.
    You've said nothing that I agree with and i've saved none of your extremely uneducated gibberish posts. You made your awful Moore comparison yesterday. Wasn't hard to find either. It was still on the first page. I felt as if I needed to call you out on it because it seems that your wealth (being used very loosely) of football knowledge goes no further than the Dolphins seeing that you've compared Tannehill to both Moore and Henne, two very different QB's. Nice try though
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    So reach and hope for the best, just to say you drafted a QB? ...
    "I seen him meltdown in certain games, just throwing **** up in the 2nd half causing his team problems.". I understand what you are saying, but let's remember, he only started 19 games. Experience and coaching MIGHT fix those kinds of issues.

But to me it doesn't matter, Miami needs a franchise QB. It's abundantly clear we aren't going to get one through free agency, ever. Therefore, our only alternative is to draft the best available QB, EVERY YEAR, until we find our franchise QB. It's really that simple to me.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Man Marshallfin1 just.stop.already.

But Slimm always, I agree with you 100%, but I kinda got a feeling this was to get a boost in voting for your MM matchup, eh?

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think QB's can show leadership skills without being vocal and screaming at receivers and lineman when they mess up. Take the Manning Brothers. Peyton is more of a vocal leader, and I have seen where he is miked up and yelling at his lineman and receivers for screwing up their blocking patterns and routes.

Eli Manning isn't like this, but he has more of a quiet confidence, and he seems to be able to shake off a bad INT, and just keep playing at a high level. I loved Dan Marino, but I think at times he maybe let his emotions get the better of him by screaming at his receivers. Dan demanded perfection out there, but sometimes you have to let things go and focus on the next play. Tannehill isn't a rah-rah, get-in-your-face QB, but he is a smart guy, and I think he has a lot of upside as he hasn't played QB that long. I think him having been a wide receiver is helpful in knowing how to get the ball to guys in their routes.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post

Man Marshallfin1 just.stop.already.

But Slimm always, I agree with you 100%, but I kinda got a feeling this was to get a boost in voting for your MM matchup, eh?

Tylerdolphin needs to win something. He gets hosed out of that Most Comedic award every year. If the voting was close I was giving him my vote to put him ahead... don't look like he'll need it.
    Quote Quote