Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: Jets signed Austrailian Rugby Player

  1. -21
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,926
    vCash:
    18947
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Really? Only in the Tebowmania-beserked universe of the NY Jets. It's more than likely that the Bills and the Fins will be scrapping for 2nd and 3rd while the Jets bring up the AFCE rear.

    The Bills fired their DC, George Edwards, and signed well respected former NFL DC and HC, Dave Wannstadt. They added former Miami QB coach David Lee, inventor of the WC, to work with Fitzpatrick and to come up with new wrinkles in the offense using the WC with former Jet, Brad Smith.

    The Bills recognized that they had a major issue with the lack of a pass rush last season, and they went out and attempted to fix it. Big time. They not only signed Williams but they also added pass rushing RDE Mark Anderson. Like WRs, DEs work better with partners. Super Mario not only has a pass rushing partner on the other side, he's got two studs in the middle. It's gonna be hard to double team anybody on the Bills DL.

    The Bills also re-signed most of their own FAs. They were interested in signing FA WR Meachem, but when he went elsewhere, they didn't go out chasing somebody else just to sign somebody. They have two major holes: #2 WR and LT which they will likely try to fill from the draft along with upgrading their LBs and CBs.

    That's a pretty productive off season so far.

    As for the Jets, they dithered over whether to fire Schottenheimer or hope he found another gig. Happily for Bills and Fins fans, Schottie departed and the Jets hired Miami's former HC, Tony Sparano. Anyway you cut it, Sparano has a very thin resume for any coaching position above position coach. He was never an OC. He was unsuccessful as a HC and there is no evidence that he has had much experience designing an offense. Apparently, he was hired because of his connection with Bill Parcells. In fact, at first the Jets were saying that Sparano was going to only be responsible for the running game, and that Todd Haley was going to run the passing game. That apparently fell by the wayside, and Sparano now gets the whole shebang, including designing a bunch of plays featuring Timmy Tebow to placate the Tebot Congregation.

    What holes have the Jets filled? They signed Laron Landry for SS and hope he's healed. The Jets have still NOT filled their holes at #2 WR or at FS. They have NOT upgraded RT, RB, or their pass rush. They signed a respectable backup QB for buttfumble in Stanton, but then they chucked him for Tebow and the mass hysteria and publicity that comes with him.

    They are not only short a fourth round pick in 2012 but have invited a major QB controversy into an already fractured locker room. Kyle Orton survived 5 games before he was overrun by Tebowmania -- and John Elway hated Tebow. Unless buttfumble comes out playing like Aaron Rodgers2.0, I give him 3 games before being engulfed by the Tebots. Tebow as the Jests starter for most of the season is a prescription of disaster.

    Oh, well, maybe it's just the Jets fate to be the sacrifice to rid the NFL of the curse of the Tebots -- or maybe it's just Woody Johnson's turn to proudly wear the "worse organization in the NFL" title rather than Stephen Ross (who seemed to have taken it from Ralph Wilson, Jr and is now ready to pass it on).
    more than likely er take the Bills annual last place spot?

    The Bills have improved on paper but they had much more room for improvement than my team. My team has a recent hostory of being one of the best teams in the league, they took a step back but didn't need a major overhaul going into '12.

    Buf has better RBs at the moment and a better DL- that's it. QB Jets, TE Jets, WRs even, OL Jets, LBs Jets, DBs Jets, Coaching Jets.

    what holes have the Jets filled? what holes did we have? RT, no we haven't filled it yet(in case you didn't know the offseason just began, it
    s not over), Safety- signed Landry, WR- not filled yet, backup QB- filled. What else? Maybe another LB which i'm sure we'll address in the draft.

    Bills & dolphins fans love to talk about the fractured LR, that's just an excuse why the Jets failed. The Giants had a fractured LR in '10 and early '11, did it stop them? The Jets LR was not perfect in '09 & '10 but when they started losing guys didn't like it. It's better than guys accepting losing or being ok w/ being a 6-10 team.

    The Jets have 10 picks in this draft.


    yes, we are the worst organization, if only we could overspend on decent pass rushers and go over a decade w/o making the playoffs then I guess we'd have a solid organization? In the last 3 years one team has made 2 title games, no team has won more playoff games but yeah we are one of the worst organizations in the league

    What delusion, then again how can I blame you? it's been so long since you were relevant and the overpaying put you back on the map for a minute- you are off it again but at least you had your minute.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Doug385's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    251
    vCash:
    1206
    Thanks / No Thanks
    buffalo battling for third with Miami? i didn't realize the jets are such-shoe ins to take 2nd in the division, or dare i say, compete with the Pats vying for 1st. now i know you're a fan, and this is just how they think (I'm guilty of this) but looking at this in an objective manner, what makes you feel the Jets are without a doubt just one step behind NE? Is it the addition of Sparano, and his (in)ability to call games? is it your mistake-prone quarterback, or your underacheiving RBs and selfish WRs? What about your swiss cheese offensive line? Sorry to say this Junc, but i think your team is about as far behind the Patriots as the Dolphins are, or Buf for that matter.
    Brent Grimes: I have never been a free agent. I picked Miami because they are building something great here and I want to be a part of it.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,926
    vCash:
    18947
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug385 View Post
    buffalo battling for third with Miami? i didn't realize the jets are such-shoe ins to take 2nd in the division, or dare i say, compete with the Pats vying for 1st. now i know you're a fan, and this is just how they think (I'm guilty of this) but looking at this in an objective manner, what makes you feel the Jets are without a doubt just one step behind NE? Is it the addition of Sparano, and his (in)ability to call games? is it your mistake-prone quarterback, or your underacheiving RBs and selfish WRs? What about your swiss cheese offensive line? Sorry to say this Junc, but i think your team is about as far behind the Patriots as the Dolphins are, or Buf for that matter.
    2 of the last 3 years the Jets advanced the furthest in the playoffs and were the best team in the division. last year we took a step back but most of the pieces are still in place. NE will always win the div as long as Brady is in there but we are better built for playoff success. Anything can happen w/ teams 2-4 in the div but the track record tells us the Jets are significantly better than the other two. Remember, the Jets had a bad season and still finished 2 games ahead of both teams, don't expect a 2nd bad season in a row. Not w/ this talent and coaching.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Kinzua's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    1,299
    vCash:
    1162
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    2 of the last 3 years the Jets advanced the furthest in the playoffs and were the best team in the division. last year we took a step back but most of the pieces are still in place. NE will always win the div as long as Brady is in there but we are better built for playoff success. Anything can happen w/ teams 2-4 in the div but the track record tells us the Jets are significantly better than the other two. Remember, the Jets had a bad season and still finished 2 games ahead of both teams, don't expect a 2nd bad season in a row. Not w/ this talent and coaching.
    Fact: this is 2012, not 2009; what happened in 2009 and 2010 are irrelevant. Most of what happened in 2011 is also mostly irrelevant unless your starting QB continues to play as poorly as he did down the stretch last season.
    Fact: the Jets were an interception of an errant Tony Romo pass and a dropped TD pass by Stevie Johnson from being 6-10.
    Fact: the pieces are NOT in place any more. Your team missed its window for success. Your defense, although ranked #5 in 2011, repeatedly failed to make key stops late in games. Your pass rush is nothing. Your offense sucks, too, ranking in the bottom third of the league. Your OL is not nearly as good as it was. Aside from buttfumble failing to step up and playing worse after 50 starts than he did after 20, your rushing game sucked worse than your passing game, averaging 3.8 YPC, 29th in the league. The Jets have done absolutely nothing to improve their offense except to bring in Tony Sparano as the OC and make promises to run the ball more.
    Fact: The presence of Tim Tebow will disrupt and distract your team to no end, not because of his actions, but because of those of his crazed fans.
    Fact: Aside from Revis, Cromartie, Mangold, D'Brick, and the diva Holmes, the Jets talent level is largely underwhelming. Both the Bills and Fins have at least that many decent players on their teams, and maybe even more.
    Fact: Rex Ryan impressed nobody in 2011. In fact, he rather exposed himself as a buffoon who didn't even know what was going on with his team. I can't speak for Philbin, but I know Chan Gailey would never NOT know that his team's locker room was turmoil.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,926
    vCash:
    18947
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Fact: this is 2012, not 2009; what happened in 2009 and 2010 are irrelevant. Most of what happened in 2011 is also mostly irrelevant unless your starting QB continues to play as poorly as he did down the stretch last season.
    Fact: the Jets were an interception of an errant Tony Romo pass and a dropped TD pass by Stevie Johnson from being 6-10.
    Fact: the pieces are NOT in place any more. Your team missed its window for success. Your defense, although ranked #5 in 2011, repeatedly failed to make key stops late in games. Your pass rush is nothing. Your offense sucks, too, ranking in the bottom third of the league. Your OL is not nearly as good as it was. Aside from buttfumble failing to step up and playing worse after 50 starts than he did after 20, your rushing game sucked worse than your passing game, averaging 3.8 YPC, 29th in the league. The Jets have done absolutely nothing to improve their offense except to bring in Tony Sparano as the OC and make promises to run the ball more.
    Fact: The presence of Tim Tebow will disrupt and distract your team to no end, not because of his actions, but because of those of his crazed fans.
    Fact: Aside from Revis, Cromartie, Mangold, D'Brick, and the diva Holmes, the Jets talent level is largely underwhelming. Both the Bills and Fins have at least that many decent players on their teams, and maybe even more.
    Fact: Rex Ryan impressed nobody in 2011. In fact, he rather exposed himself as a buffoon who didn't even know what was going on with his team. I can't speak for Philbin, but I know Chan Gailey would never NOT know that his team's locker room was turmoil.
    It is 2012 but to dismiss what has happened in recent history is silly.

    We were possibly a blown call at NE and one stop in den from being 11-5, what is your point?

    Yeah, we have old guys like Revis, Harris, Cro, Pouha, Wilkerson, Devito, Pace, buttfumble, Mangold, Brick, Slauson, Greene, Holmes, Kerley, keller. Our window has clearly closed.

    This team seems to play their best when they have distractions, I think the tebow thing will work out for them. No sane football person thinks Tebow is a better QB than buttfumble.


    Rex had a tough year his tough year would be Chan's 2nd best year. Rex is one of the best HCs in the game, no HC has more playoff wins since he took over in 2009.

    Chan wouldn't know if there was turmoil in his LR unless he had his hearing aid turned up.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    bigvince75's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    502
    vCash:
    1048
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post

    As for the Jets, they dithered over whether to fire Schottenheimer or hope he found another gig. Happily for Bills and Fins fans, Schottie departed and the Jets hired Miami's former HC, Tony Sparano. Anyway you cut it, Sparano has a very thin resume for any coaching position above position coach. He was never an OC. He was unsuccessful as a HC and there is no evidence that he has had much experience designing an offense. Apparently, he was hired because of his connection with Bill Parcells. In fact, at first the Jets were saying that Sparano was going to only be responsible for the running game, and that Todd Haley was going to run the passing game. That apparently fell by the wayside, and Sparano now gets the whole shebang, including designing a bunch of plays featuring Timmy Tebow to placate the Tebot Congregation.

    What holes have the Jets filled? They signed Laron Landry for SS and hope he's healed. The Jets have still NOT filled their holes at #2 WR or at FS. They have NOT upgraded RT, RB, or their pass rush. They signed a respectable backup QB for buttfumble in Stanton, but then they chucked him for Tebow and the mass hysteria and publicity that comes with him.

    They are not only short a fourth round pick in 2012 but have invited a major QB controversy into an already fractured locker room. Kyle Orton survived 5 games before he was overrun by Tebowmania -- and John Elway hated Tebow. Unless buttfumble comes out playing like Aaron Rodgers2.0, I give him 3 games before being engulfed by the Tebots. Tebow as the Jests starter for most of the season is a prescription of disaster.

    Oh, well, maybe it's just the Jets fate to be the sacrifice to rid the NFL of the curse of the Tebots -- or maybe it's just Woody Johnson's turn to proudly wear the "worse organization in the NFL" title rather than Stephen Ross (who seemed to have taken it from Ralph Wilson, Jr and is now ready to pass it on).
    this is somewhat false. while he didn't have the official title, he called the offensive plays for the cowboys in 05 or 06. I don't think he was a good hire for the Jets but he does have past experience working directly with offenses.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Scoffaveli's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    516
    vCash:
    1063
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post

    Yeah, we have old guys like Revis, Harris, Cro, Pouha, Wilkerson, Devito, Pace, buttfumble, Mangold, Brick, Slauson, Greene, Holmes, Kerley, keller. Our window has clearly closed.
    Every team has a Wilkerson, Devito,Pace,Slauson, Greene and Kerley. I wouldn't act like those guys are the bedrock of a successful team
    Follow me on Twitter... @Scoffaveli
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,926
    vCash:
    18947
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoffaveli View Post
    Every team has a Wilkerson, Devito,Pace,Slauson, Greene and Kerley. I wouldn't act like those guys are the bedrock of a successful team
    The bedrock of the team is revis, Harris, Mangold & Brick- not many teams have that combo of players. The other players are good, solid players around those guys.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvince75 View Post
    this is somewhat false. while he didn't have the official title, he called the offensive plays for the cowboys in 05 or 06. I don't think he was a good hire for the Jets but he does have past experience working directly with offenses.
    He was the running game coordinator for 1 season in 06 while Todd Haley was the passing game coordinator. When Haley went to the Cardinals the next year, Sparano didn't take over as full time coordinator. Jason Garret took over. Sparano has never been a full time OC, so I don't think anyone knows what to expect.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,926
    vCash:
    18947
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    He did call plays in '06 but he has never beena fullt ime OC, I have said it from the beginning. I don't know what to expect out of our offense as a whole but I do expect to run the ball better and protect the passer better, we'll see. I'm more concerned w/ getting our D back among the elite than I am w/ the offense.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 07:52 PM
  3. Name The Player You Wished We Signed
    By icephinfan in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-15-2006, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •