Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jets signed Austrailian Rugby Player

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    One year, one game can be a fluke but back to back years? and the Jets didn't need OT at home to beat NE, they beat them pretty handily on the road in the div rd.

I'd rather earna WC spot and make the title game than win the div and lose my first game. I don't know anyone associated w/ a team who would say otherwise.
    Lightning can and does strike twice sometimes.

Pretty handily is a little strong for a 7 point win. I know you are going to say NE scored late to make it a 7 point game. It was a 3 point game at the start of the 4th, and the Jets only had the 14 point lead from the onside kick that was returned to the 20 which was also late in the game. It was a close game.

What does a team have to show for an AFCC loss? I know there is the thrill of the fans watching the journey, but if you know you are going to lose and don't get to watch it play out, what do you have to show for it? What is the difference between the 15-1 Packers of last year and the 2009 / 2010 Jets? Both got knocked out of the playoffs, but only 1 team actually has something to show for the season.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yes it will be really rough w/ a team comprised of mostly in their prime players but NE will be fine in 3-4 years when Brady is at the end of his career. Fans like you will disappear when Brady is gone.
    You're about to see just how in their prime those players are, it all falls apart this year. Also if I can live through Tommy Hodson, I can deal with whoever comes after Brady. You can call me crazy, but as long as Kraft owns the team the rest of to division will always have something to be worried about.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    You're about to see just how in their prime those players are, it all falls apart this year. Also if I can live through Tommy Hodson, I can deal with whoever comes after Brady. You can call me crazy, but as long as Kraft owns the team the rest of to division will always have something to be worried about.
    I'm worried about those two 1st round picks and moving up for a Barkley in 2013 as Brady's replacement and essentially becoming the Green Bay of the AFC East with two back to back franchise QB's.

The talking heads keep blasting NE for not using the picks but I think those two picks are all about succession plan and the right opportunity. This year was not the right opportunity but next year, ya never know.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I'm worried about those two 1st round picks and moving up for a Barkley in 2013 as Brady's replacement and essentially becoming the Green Bay of the AFC East with two back to back franchise QB's.

The talking heads keep blasting NE for not using the picks but I think those two picks are all about succession plan and the right opportunity. This year was not the right opportunity but next year, ya never know.
    It really depends on what they think of Ryan Mallet, he has all the tools physically, if his head comes around in a few years of backing up Brady they could already have the next Franchise QB. God knows the kids arm is like gold, and if he hadn't had partying problem in college most scouts had him as the top QB in last years draft, even ahead of Newton.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Lightning can and does strike twice sometimes.

Pretty handily is a little strong for a 7 point win. I know you are going to say NE scored late to make it a 7 point game. It was a 3 point game at the start of the 4th, and the Jets only had the 14 point lead from the onside kick that was returned to the 20 which was also late in the game. It was a close game.

What does a team have to show for an AFCC loss? I know there is the thrill of the fans watching the journey, but if you know you are going to lose and don't get to watch it play out, what do you have to show for it? What is the difference between the 15-1 Packers of last year and the 2009 / 2010 Jets? Both got knocked out of the playoffs, but only 1 team actually has something to show for the season.
    Fluke runs can happen but back to back fluke runs do not happen. At some point you have to give them credit.

The jets controlled that game almost from the start. The jets led by 11 at the half and until late in the 3rd, as soon as NE scored and got the 2 pt conversion to cut it to 3 the jets then went 75 yards in 2:13 to extend it back to a 10 pt lead. The Jets were in control of that game almost from start to finish, don't let a garbage time late drive confuse that.

The Jets '10 season was better than GB's '11 b/c the Jets played for the right to go to the SB and GB didn't. You don't get a banner but I will take a title game app over a div title and loss in first playoff game any season. The goal is to get to the SB and win it, you can't do that w/o first getting to a conf title game.

Kraft owned the team in '00 and the beginning of '01, right? BB was the coach, right? NE is ALL about Brady. I think Kraft is a great owner but Brady's don't come along very often, you'll see soon enough.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fluke runs can happen but back to back fluke runs do not happen. At some point you have to give them credit.

The jets controlled that game almost from the start. The jets led by 11 at the half and until late in the 3rd, as soon as NE scored and got the 2 pt conversion to cut it to 3 the jets then went 75 yards in 2:13 to extend it back to a 10 pt lead. The Jets were in control of that game almost from start to finish, don't let a garbage time late drive confuse that.

The Jets '10 season was better than GB's '11 b/c the Jets played for the right to go to the SB and GB didn't. You don't get a banner but I will take a title game app over a div title and loss in first playoff game any season. The goal is to get to the SB and win it, you can't do that w/o first getting to a conf title game.

Kraft owned the team in '00 and the beginning of '01, right? BB was the coach, right? NE is ALL about Brady. I think Kraft is a great owner but Brady's don't come along very often, you'll see soon enough.
    Sure a Brady only comes around once a life time, you should know because the Jets never had one in their entire history. That said that Kraft did a pretty good job of keeping the Pats in the Hunt and getting to a Super Bowl well before Brady and B.B. The team also did pretty good job developing a QB that never played a down of college football and got them to an 11 win season when Brady went down. Heck it's hard for the Jets to get to an 11 win season with their 1st round pick starting QB. Wouldn't it just be Jets fans luck if the Pats already have Brady's replacement and future franchise QB already on there roster? Wouldn't that be just
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sure a Brady only comes around once a life time, you should know because the Jets never had one in their entire history. That said that Kraft did a pretty good job of keeping the Pats in the Hunt and getting to a Super Bowl well before Brady and B.B. The team also did pretty good job developing a QB that never played a down of college football and got them to an 11 win season when Brady went down. Heck it's hard for the Jets to get to an 11 win season with their 1st round pick starting QB. Wouldn't it just be Jets fans luck if the Pats already have Brady's replacement and future franchise QB already on there roster? Wouldn't that be just
    he made the great decision to hire Parcells who dragged the team out of laughingstock status(as he did for us and the Giants) but NE was getting worse every year until Brady rescued that franchise.

NE was 16-0 in 2007 so they had some talent for Cassell to work w/ in an easy division and a down yar in the league in 2008.

Ryan Mallett may be a good QB, he's no Tom Brady and we whipped NE w/ Brady in the playoffs so Mallett doesn't scare me in the least. When Brady is gone NE's reign will be over.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he made the great decision to hire Parcells who dragged the team out of laughingstock status(as he did for us and the Giants) but NE was getting worse every year until Brady rescued that franchise.

NE was 16-0 in 2007 so they had some talent for Cassell to work w/ in an easy division and a down yar in the league in 2008.

Ryan Mallett may be a good QB, he's no Tom Brady and we whipped NE w/ Brady in the playoffs so Mallett doesn't scare me in the least. When Brady is gone NE's reign will be over.
    You know I could almost feel bad for you holding on to that single win as your only moment, until I remember that you're a Jet fan, lowest creatures on the planet next to Eagle fans. The reality is that it is Kraft that will keep this team in the hunt, sure there will be ups and downs along the way but Patriot fans can rest easy knowing that wining is number one to the Kraft Family, not just one year, but being in the hunt every year. Talent comes and goes, but having a owner like Kraft and not Woody Johnson lasts a life time.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You know I could almost feel bad for you holding on to that single win as your only moment, until I remember that you're a Jet fan, lowest creatures on the planet next to Eagle fans. The reality is that it is Kraft that will keep this team in the hunt, sure there will be ups and downs along the way but Patriot fans can rest easy knowing that wining is number one to the Kraft Family, not just one year, but being in the hunt every year. Talent comes and goes, but having a owner like Kraft and not Woody Johnson lasts a life time.
    It's not like I am discussing a game from 20 years ago, it was a year ago this january.

All fanbases have their idiots, the worst fans I have ever seen at a game was when the jets whipped NE in Foxboro in 2000.

4,5,6,7 years ago I could deal w/ the elitist Pats attitude b/c you earned it but you had 2 playoff wins in the last 4 seasons(half the amount we have) so the dynasty is long dead.

Kraft has done a great job but when Brady leaves we'll see how much they keep winning. The Pats success has been all about #12.

Woody is the owner of the team that has double the amount of Pats playoff wins in the last 4 seasons
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not like I am discussing a game from 20 years ago, it was a year ago this january.

All fanbases have their idiots, the worst fans I have ever seen at a game was when the jets whipped NE in Foxboro in 2000.

4,5,6,7 years ago I could deal w/ the elitist Pats attitude b/c you earned it but you had 2 playoff wins in the last 4 seasons(half the amount we have) so the dynasty is long dead.

Kraft has done a great job but when Brady leaves we'll see how much they keep winning. The Pats success has been all about #12.

Woody is the owner of the team that has double the amount of Pats playoff wins in the last 4 seasons
    As well as the owner of a team that hasn't been to a Super Bowl in the last 43 years much less win one. You can have more playoff wins in the last 4 seasons, I'll take the 5 Super Bowls in the last 11 years and three wins, not to mention six AFC Championship games with 5 wins, but no you enjoy getting there twice and failing. We'll be watching the Jets fall apart this year, be honest, you know deep down inside it's coming.
    Quote Quote