Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Williams' speech to Saints: Hurt the 49ers

1. -11
    future of the funk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerCam Wake 91
    and BTW,people at work better keep their head on a swivel. im about to get my terry tate impression on.

2014 ladies lounge entry:ariel meredith
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by twix2500 View Post
    Heard worse in pop warner, highschool and college. So just about every coach offensively and defensively need to be kicked out of football. We need to only have coaches like Tony Dungy. Hell head basketball coaches speak as such.
    I was just about to say this. Other than the references to money, my Highschool football coach sounds a heck of a lot like Williams. I think people who've never been in a locker room are a little more shocked at the language than we are.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I was just about to say this. Other than the references to money, my Highschool football coach sounds a heck of a lot like Williams. I think people who've never been in a locker room are a little more shocked at the language than we are.

People have to understand, this is a game where players on defense and offense sacrifice their bodies. Coaches motivate players to go out and sacrifice your body time and time again for the game by making over the top speeches by using military corelations or saying take a player out or kill the head or put some hurt out there. If the league is serious to eliminate violent play in football, they will have to continue to remove physical contact. We are heading to the direction where you can only hand block and hand tackle if tackling at all.

Are many of you that shock players and coaches talk in football?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by twix2500 View Post
    People have to understand, this is a game where players on defense and offense sacrifice their bodies. Coaches motivate players to go out and sacrifice your body time and time again for the game by making over the top speeches by using military corelations or saying take a player out or kill the head or put some hurt out there. If the league is serious to eliminate violent play in football, they will have to continue to remove physical contact. We are heading to the direction where you can only hand block and hand tackle if tackling at all.

Are many of you that shock players and coaches talk in football?

It's funny, my highschool coach would use that phrase "kill the head, and the body will fall" religiously during film & before almost every game in reference to the opposing quarterback.

Our QB knew the other team probably felt the same way about him, which is why we have so much protection for the QB's, but when they finally got to him, they wanted to make sure he felt it.

I don't think bounty programs should be in place in the NFL or any level of football for that matter, but knocking out opposing players is always going to be a part of the game, & aside from the talk of financial compensation, I'm not particularly offended by his speech.

"banning him for life" is ludicrous I think.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What was he supposed to say? Go make friends out there?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Sucker Free Sunday

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He has trying to fire up his players as football is violent. I didn't mind the speech until I heard go after Michael Crabtree's ACL. That's just disgusting! Knocking a guy out with a big hit is one thing. Potentially ending their career is another
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Resident Montana Griz pimp for Miami :)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Great Falls, MT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have no problem with the "kill he head body will die" speech ect ect ect. It's where he is telling players to INTENTIONALLY aim for a certain players ACL, another's head, and so forth, telling your players to HURT (i.e. put a lick on someone) is a helluva lot different then telling them intent to INJURE, that's where the uncrossable line is.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SuavePhin View Post
    I have no problem with the "kill he head body will die" speech ect ect ect. It's where he is telling players to INTENTIONALLY aim for a certain players ACL, another's head, and so forth, telling your players to HURT (i.e. put a lick on someone) is a helluva lot different then telling them intent to INJURE, that's where the uncrossable line is.

I will have to listen to it again as a full. Because the impression that i got from his speech was to hit them hard be physical so these players will not want to re-enter the game. Be physical so they will become mentally weak and unsure about themselves. Thats what i got out of take out the head and the body will follow. Not hitting anyone in the head or taking out his ACL. Again i have to listen to it or read the whole transcript.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lancaster, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What terrible human being.
    Quote Quote