bear with me here fellas... this is my first time actually putting picks to paper... I probably didn't use conventional wisdom like a lot of guys do. I did three scenarios, one where we go qb first, one where we go defense first, and one where we go offense but not qb first... I tried to stick to my unofficial big board... but it's mostly in my head... and I also tried to fill some needs and build for the future.. here goes nothing..
1. ryan tannehill.. I think enough has been debated about this guy on here, so it is what it is.. if we go qb t #8 he's probably the target.
2. dwayne allen... I really want fleener at TE, but I simply can't see him sliding to 42.. allen is the next best option IMO
3a. leonard johnson.. I think it's pretty obvious we need secondary help, and I believe both corners are in contract years. I like johnson a lot.
3b. brian quik... I like his size and speed. and we'll definately be targeting some WR help.. I think he can contribute early and often
4. tank carder... I target some LB help here, as I am on record of hating the misi pick, and I think the position needs help. maybe a bit high..
5. josh chapman... I look for solias replacement here... pauls 1 year deal isn't very encouraging to me. I think he fits if paul walks.
6. tommy streeter... purely a project pick here.. too much about this guy I like to pass on if he's still around in the 6th.
7. desmond wynn... another project who could maybe sign on as depth or PS player and find a roll down the road...
I had this done assuming we'd pick up an OL in free agency, and so far no jake scott news... it is what it is... it was done..
DEFENSE in 1st..
1. luke keuchly... I know, I know.. not a huge need.. this is one of those build for the future picks i mentioned... he'd captain forever.. nothing to not like about keuchly.. I'd be thrilled and throw a kegger if we picked him
2. brandon weeden.. I think if tanny is gone, or we just plain pass, weeden is there for the picking.. we still need an upgrade. he'd compete
3a. cam johnson.. I like the camXcam team on the edge. a guy to take the heat off wake could prove big for the defense.
3b. brandon washington.. I'd throw him in at guard. I think theres untapped potential here, and i think he'd stick.
4. marvin mcnutt... a dude who I knew was good being from iowa.. he's changed a few ppls minds.. I've always wanted him. hes a gamer
5. michael egnew.. our TE upgrade that I have been clamoring for, for years. I like fasano, I just think we can do better.
6. oliver vernon.. another project, but I don't mind projects in later rounds, especially when I'm confident with time they could contribute
7. tyler nielsen.. probably be a depth signing. I think IOWA LBers are underrated. they are pretty versatile IMO, I like nielsen in situational football..
OFFENSE IN 1st..
1. michael floyd... as much as I wanted to pencil decastro in.. I couldn't do it. we need to put up points, I hate another OL pick in the first..
2. bobby massie.. steps in and starts at RT in my opinion. nothing not to like about 6'6" 316#... hes rising though, may be gone by 42.
3a. shea mcclellin.. a central theme in all my mocks was finding help opposite cam wake.. 6'3" 262... nice value at 73 I think.
3b. brandon boykin.. kind of the same scenario as above. not a smith fan, don't like our safety situation.. need help at CB or we lose a lot of games...
4. nick toon... another bigger target, with decent speed. i have a like for WR that are over 6'0 and 200#.. the redzone target train of thought
5. jaye howard.. a big bodied dude, who at the very least could rotate... I still worry here about soliai next season... and in the 5th why not
6. adam gettis... a camp body more than likely, but if he puts in the kind of effort he put in at the combine, he just may make a backup spot
7. markus kuhn.. the usual prospect that fits in most of my 7th round spots.. a project who needs developement, and probably wont pan out, but I try to take the project that I think has the best chance of at least making a practice squad contribution...
thats it.. all input will be appreciated whether you run me through or not.. thanks for the input, good or bad.. mostly good I hope...
my only problem with mock drafts i think, is that i really struggle with the mid and late rounders... I'm not used to most of them panning out, maybe it's just a dolphins thing burned into my head.... anyway thanks guys...
oh.. and the busty tag.. because who doesn't love big knockers....