Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins brass was high on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill even before hiring Sherman

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft Dolphins brass was high on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill even before hiring Sherman

According to NFL Network's Albert Breer, Dolphins brass was high on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill even before hiring Mike Sherman as offensive coordinator.

The Sherman hire may have increased the Fins' affection for Tannehill after the two worked together in College Station. Breer does caution that he wouldn't expect Miami to trade up for Tannehill, but sends him to the Dolphins in his latest mock draft. For the mock, Breer enlisted the help of NFL executives.
    Related: Dolphins

Source: NFL.com
    Apr 9 - 4:43 PM
    Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat , Virginia Tech

Xbox Live : Tiko7523
    Psn : Tiko7523
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm sure the Dolphins were high on other QBs too so I'm not sure what point Breer is trying to make.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    unknown quantity

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiko377 View Post
    According to NFL Network's Albert Breer, Dolphins brass was high on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill even before hiring Mike Sherman as offensive coordinator.

The Sherman hire may have increased the Fins' affection for Tannehill after the two worked together in College Station. Breer does caution that he wouldn't expect Miami to trade up for Tannehill, but sends him to the Dolphins in his latest mock draft. For the mock, Breer enlisted the help of NFL executives.
    Related: Dolphins

Source: NFL.com
    Apr 9 - 4:43 PM

i thought i made this clear 2 weeks ago when i told you he will be our pick and we may move up one slot.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I could have told you that cause we hired Philbin; a guy who has learnt the NFL game in the WCO starting in Sherman's offense. Tannehill knows the terminology.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The staff is high on lot's of guys. If the staff likes him, then we will have to live with that. Frankly, I am not impressed with him. Is he physically, mentally, or athletically superior to Matt Moore? He looks like a 2nd round bootleg pick to me.
    IMHO, no.
    I would rather see us take play makers for MM to pass or hand off to. Draft the franchise QB next year(Barkley / Jones).
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    The staff is high on lot's of guys. If the staff likes him, then we will have to live with that. Frankly, I am not impressed with him. Is he physically, mentally, or athletically superior to Matt Moore? He looks like a 2nd round bootleg pick to me.
    IMHO, no.
    I would rather see us take play makers for MM to pass or hand off to. Draft the franchise QB next year(Barkley / Jones).
    Im pretty sure he is phyiscally and mentally better than Moore or more athletic. Doesnt mean he will be a great qb but he is by far a better athlete. He also is three time academic all american with plans to be an orthopedic surgeon so I would venture he is menatally superior to Moore.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just don't see how Matt Moore fits in the WCO. He has no accuracy underneath.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMHO, no.

With what you say about drafting Barkley or Jones next year you are exxpecting us to win LESS games next year! If they are the top two QB next year, then we will have to at least have a top 5 pick, if not higher......
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by floriokie View Post
    With what you say about drafting Barkley or Jones next year you are exxpecting us to win LESS games next year! If they are the top two QB next year, then we will have to at least have a top 5 pick, if not higher......

We could finish anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. But we could trade picks and make a move up to get one of those guys. There are other QB's coming out too.
    Is Tannehill better than the top 5 guys coming out next year? That is the question.
    Keep in mind, next year's QB demand should be less than this year. Pretty flimsy reasoning, but I am not sold on Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We could finish anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. But we could trade picks and make a move up to get one of those guys.
    Every year for the last decade we could always "trade up and make a move"... NEXT year.

Then when "next year" actually gets here, we stand pat and wait for a QB to "fall to us" and they all get taken by everyone else, or we pass on them for an OL.

Time to do something THIS YEAR. Time to Live In The NOW.
    Ryan Tannehill. Ah, what a relief. Life is good.
    Quote Quote