Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: The new forum format

  1. -11
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    25,129
    vCash:
    6621
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by CirclingWagons View Post
    No, but one personal attack ( douchebag-violation of tos) deserves another, imnsho. I am curious why the format has undergone numerous changes since I first posted here (9 years ago). It was best back then. Not being a d*ck, legitimately curious.

    ---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

    Also, can I like/thank my own posts?
    truely a lot of people preferred to have thingps remain the same as they were in 2003, however vbulletin upgrades that are required for both support and security meant that using a pre-4.0 vbulletin was no longer something we could do. thus the upgraded look over the last 4 years. It doesn't bother me one bit when someone comes along and offers constructive critisism however, when all some does is say "this sucks" that is hardly worthwhile, esp when you consider that the person complaining has offered little over the last few years except a bunch Personal attacks, and tos violations.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    CirclingWagons's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    6,765
    vCash:
    1595
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    SOMB? Oh, I see, you got this confused with your usual Sex Offender Management Board. You clicked on the wrong bookmark, asshat.
    Gonzo, may I call you Gonzo? I am willing to work with you for a nominal fee to help you craft wittier comebacks. Under my guidance you will become highly respected and bring the goods on a daily basis like moi.

    Let me know, or shoot me a PM.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    21,433
    vCash:
    27167
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CirclingWagons View Post
    No, but one personal attack ( douchebag-violation of tos) deserves another, imnsho. I am curious why the format has undergone numerous changes since I first posted here (9 years ago). It was best back then. Not being a d*ck, legitimately curious.

    ---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

    Also, can I like/thank my own posts?
    It's called progress. Douchebags from ****hole buffalo (or with family from buffalo? Can't really think of a reason why somebody not from buffalo would be a fan...) wouldn't understand that concept.





    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    21,433
    vCash:
    27167
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CirclingWagons View Post
    Gonzo, may I call you Gonzo? I am willing to work with you for a nominal fee to help you craft wittier comebacks. Under my guidance you will become highly respected and bring the goods on a daily basis like moi.

    Let me know, or shoot me a PM.
    No doubt it's a nominal fee. Hiring people from buffalo is far cheaper than from Mexico, but you get what you pay for: inbred white trash with zero skills, particularly in wit.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    CirclingWagons's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    6,765
    vCash:
    1595
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    truely a lot of people preferred to have thingps remain the same as they were in 2003, however vbulletin upgrades that are required for both support and security meant that using a pre-4.0 vbulletin was no longer something we could do. thus the upgraded look over the last 4 years. It doesn't bother me one bit when someone comes along and offers constructive critisism however, when all some does is say "this sucks" that is hardly worthwhile, esp when you consider that the person complaining has offered little over the last few years except a bunch Personal attacks, and tos violations.
    1. Thank you for the explanation. It's a shame, but it sounds like it's a necessary part of change.

    2. I have offered much over the years, but have been under-appreciated due to the timing of my posts (people being in a bad mood about the plight of the phins), and my truth bombs are seen as trolling. If I was a finfan posting my takes, I would get a Debbie Downer label. I'm also a victim of Bills-fan discrimination (resulting in numerous unwarranted TOS violations). I accept that, it's just the nature of the beast.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    CirclingWagons's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    6,765
    vCash:
    1595
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    No doubt it's a nominal fee. Hiring people from buffalo is far cheaper than from Mexico, but you get what you pay for: inbred white trash with zero skills, particularly in wit.
    Actually, I'm from Miami...Pinecrest to be exact. It's a rich, affluent, and caucasian neighborhood.

    I am blessed, what can I say.

    ---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    It's called progress. Douchebags from ****hole buffalo (or with family from buffalo? Can't really think of a reason why somebody not from buffalo would be a fan...) wouldn't understand that concept.
    That was uncouth.

    Take it back.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    6,223
    vCash:
    5942
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    I actually have a suggestion. The red that is used for people that are offline is rather obnoxious. I would suggest a different red, or even a gray. If it can be done. Other than that, like I said before, I don't see anything wrong with the new format.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    21,433
    vCash:
    27167
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CirclingWagons View Post
    Actually, I'm from Miami...Pinecrest to be exact. It's a rich, affluent, and caucasian neighborhood.

    I am blessed, what can I say.

    ---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------



    That was uncouth.

    Take it back.
    Ah, now it makes sense, you became a fan right around the time they made all those failed super bowl runs. Luke, may I call you Luke? Rich, affluent white trash is still rich, affluent white trash. Especially with a white trash name like Luke. Really?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    CirclingWagons's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    6,765
    vCash:
    1595
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Ah, now it makes sense, you became a fan right around the time they made all those failed super bowl runs. Luke, may I call you Luke? Rich, affluent white trash is still rich, affluent white trash. Especially with a white trash name like Luke. Really?
    So one of the Gospels was written by white trash?

    The frontman of Miami's own 2 Live Crew is white trash?

    I see you are located in Brooklyn, though. New yaukas ain't the brightest, dets for sure
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Ricky_Fan34's Avatar
    Suns and Fins superfan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    4,798
    vCash:
    1066
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I honestly don't think its really any different. There's some subtle changes but nothing groundbreaking IMO.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Draft Format
    By Dolfan1000 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 05:02 PM
  2. Help! How can I format this?
    By dolphinfan2k5 in forum Graphics Talk and Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 02:08 AM
  3. Herald format
    By Miamian in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2005, 12:42 PM
  4. Do you like the new format?? **Updated**
    By Muck in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 09:28 AM
  5. Do you like the new format?? **Updated**
    By Muck in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 09:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •