Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Billick: Ryan Tannehill hype recalls JaMarcus Russell

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMAPHIN 22 View Post
    Jim Irsay called Ryan Tannehill a "hidden gem" and a "quiet secret" destined for the No. 3 pick in April's draft, but the Colts owner does not coach football games. Neither does Brian Billick, but he used to, and when he looks at the Texas A&M quarterback, a very dubious comparison comes to mind. JaMarcus Russell, perhaps the biggest draft bust in NFL history.Billick, an NFL Network analyst, appeared on ESPN's "Mike and Mike" show Thursday and said Tannehill reminds him of Russell because they "both shot up draft boards based on how they looked in shorts."Russell underachieved in every sense of the word, and the Oakland Raiders don't get a free pass on taking him with the top overall pick in 2007.Billick shouldn't receive a free pass for his track record drafting QBs, either. With the Baltimore Ravens from 1999 to 2007, the list includes Chris Redman (2000), Wes Pate (2002), Kyle Boller (19th overall in 2003), Josh Harris (2004), Derek Anderson (2005) and Troy Smith (2007). Not exactly a carnival of celebrated arms. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...marcus-russell
    How many coaching interviews did Billick get this offseason in an offseason of tons of coaches needed? I am not going to say Tannehill will be sucessfull of not, I was excited with the pick, but that comparison if laughable to say the least which shows in the amount of interviews.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I see you Brian Billick...wonder why you don't have a coaching job any more? Mr. I'll draft Kyle Boller...fraud.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Billick: Ryan Tannehill hype recalls JaMarcus Russell

Billick just has sour grapes for this franchise cause he got passed up for the HC gig..... Screw him.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    after Russell's first 5 starts:

77-130, 59%, 892 yds, 5 TDs, 2 INTs, 86.4 rating

Tannehill:
    97-169, 57%, 1269 yds, 2 TDs, 6 INTs, 70.4 rating

I'm not saying he will be jamarcus Russell, I think Tannehill has shown more than enough to think he will be pretty good but it just shows the daner of annointing guys too soon.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post

Tannehill:

I'm not saying he will be jamarcus Russell, I think Tannehill has shown more than enough to think he will be pretty good but it just shows the daner of annointing guys too soon.
    Wasn't it that stats don't tell the full story? You have to watch the games? Blah blah blah

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Wasn't it that stats don't tell the full story? You have to watch the games? Blah blah blah
    can you actually read what I wrote please? where did I say he'll be jamarcus Russell?

putting the #s aside he has failed in late game crucial situations in pretty much every game, is that good?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17

Tannehill:

It's funny that you keep coming out here trying to quell the excitement about Tannehill...are you trying to make yourself feel better about Sanchez? Or are you just jealous?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    It's funny that you keep coming out here trying to quell the excitement about Tannehill...are you trying to make yourself feel better about Sanchez? Or are you just jealous?
    trying to help you guys not place unreal expectations on another player. Ryan may turn out to be great but that is TBD, all the stuff you are saying about Ryan you said about henne 3 years ago.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMAPHIN 22 View Post
    Jim Irsay called Ryan Tannehill a "hidden gem" and a "quiet secret" destined for the No. 3 pick in April's draft, but the Colts owner does not coach football games. Neither does Brian Billick, but he used to, and when he looks at the Texas A&M quarterback, a very dubious comparison comes to mind. JaMarcus Russell, perhaps the biggest draft bust in NFL history.Billick, an NFL Network analyst, appeared on ESPN's "Mike and Mike" show Thursday and said Tannehill reminds him of Russell because they "both shot up draft boards based on how they looked in shorts."Russell underachieved in every sense of the word, and the Oakland Raiders don't get a free pass on taking him with the top overall pick in 2007.Billick shouldn't receive a free pass for his track record drafting QBs, either. With the Baltimore Ravens from 1999 to 2007, the list includes Chris Redman (2000), Wes Pate (2002), Kyle Boller (19th overall in 2003), Josh Harris (2004), Derek Anderson (2005) and Troy Smith (2007). Not exactly a carnival of celebrated arms. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...marcus-russell
    F-You Billick....he is just a grumpy bitter old man, who was fired as a head coach and is now unable to find an NFL job, so he is just bitter. JaMarcus Russell got fat and lazy once the Raiders paid him millions of dollars. Tannehill is just the opposite. Who cares what this D-Bag has to say.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    trying to help you guys not place unreal expectations on another player. Ryan may turn out to be great but that is TBD, all the stuff you are saying about Ryan you said about henne 3 years ago.
    At least we know for certain that Tannehill will be a better QB than Sanchez and Tebow. He already is based on his five games that I have seen.
    Quote Quote