Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Billick: Ryan Tannehill hype recalls JaMarcus Russell

1. -21
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    trying to help you guys not place unreal expectations on another player. Ryan may turn out to be great but that is TBD, all the stuff you are saying about Ryan you said about henne 3 years ago.
    God DAMN youre an epic ****ing TROLL! Go find a jests board somewhere bro.

Talk **** now while you still can because were about to start dominating on the reg for the next 10-15 years while the Jests will be in the tank year in and year out.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    trying to help you guys not place unreal expectations on another player. Ryan may turn out to be great but that is TBD, all the stuff you are saying about Ryan you said about henne 3 years ago.
    I think most on here were enamored by Henne's arm not necessarily his decision making or his leadership. Tannehill is doing things Henne never did, and doing them well. It's not just the mobility, the accuracy at which he throws or the fact that he stands tall in the pocket and delivers passes when he knows he's going to get hit, throws with anticipation...things Henne never displayed on a consistent basis or didn't display at all...but the kid is audibling (if that's a word), calling out protections, spending a lot of time in the film room studying defenses (he hasn't really been surprised by anything teams have thrown at him so far) and displaying leadership and a personality that Henne never did. Tannehill's not a finished product but he's already better than Chad Henne because of all the little things he does that Henne didn't do.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The two are nothing alike at all.

ETA; Tannehill has more than a 1/4 of the yards Russell compiled in three years.

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How many franchise QBs did he.try and draft but failed
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    can you actually read what I wrote please? where did I say he'll be jamarcus Russell?

putting the #s aside he has failed in late game crucial situations in pretty much every game, is that good?
    You're the master of having it both ways. You say you aren't admitting Tannehill will be Russel but you compare them anyway. Why make the comparison in the first place?

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Ahhh, it's all for the good of the board and our psyche. You're a sweetheart

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What cracks me up is even his basis of comparison isnt true. Russell was a first round pick before the combine ever happened. He was coming off a very good year in college and a national championship. His talent was obvious. Its not like he came out of nowhere after the combine.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    At least we know for certain that Tannehill will be a better QB than buttfumble and Tebow. He already is based on his five games that I have seen.
    so his 2 TDs w/ 6 INts and failures in late game situations have proven it to you? good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    God DAMN youre an epic ****ing TROLL! Go find a jests board somewhere bro.

Talk **** now while you still can because were about to start dominating on the reg for the next 10-15 years while the Jests will be in the tank year in and year out.
    I am not talking s**t, I am talking reality. Nowhere have I said Tannehill won't be good, I just want him to prove something.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    You're the master of having it both ways. You say you aren't admitting Tannehill will be Russel but you compare them anyway. Why make the comparison in the first place?

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Ahhh, it's all for the good of the board and our psyche. You're a sweetheart
    People forget that folks were high on Russell early in his carere, Ryan leaf was annointed early and was on the cover of SI. 2,3,4,5,6 games is not enough time to properly evaluate. If you guys want to go crazy henne style then go ahead, if he doesn't pan out don't say I didn't warn you about annointing guys too soon.

Again, I THINK he'll be a good one but you guys are talking like it's a guarantee and it's not.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shut Up Billick!!! You've been chewing on sour grapes,ever since our Fin's didn't choose you!!! Go find a hole somewhere(preferably one with a toilet seat)and crawl in there......"AND DON'T FORGET TO FLUSH"!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    even when this quote was initially said, I don't really see it. Tannehill was a bit of a late riser into the top 10 and it wasn't until the weeks leading up to the draft he was a consideration for the top 3. It's also fair to say people really didn't pay attention to Tannehill until Matt Barkley said he was staying in school.

As soon as Russell and LSU obliterated Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl people were saying if JaMarcus entered the draft he would be the first overall pick.

Now if we are talking about QB risers, Kyle Boller from what I remember (and I was like 12 so I'm probably wrong here) Boller wasn't considered a potential first rounder until after his senior season and then raised a bit more after his workouts.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Billick: Ryan Tannehill hype recalls JaMarcus Russell

I notice he didnt bring this up in his interview with Philbin yesterday
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote