Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WR Rishard Matthews, Nevada

1. -21
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moinfin View Post
    Lots of potential. Both Matthews and Cunningham have the chance to contribute early

no doubt we're looking at clayton and duper part II. no doubt!
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea i think bess and hartline and the new additions, plus the rbs tes and fbs will be great, lots of spreading the ball around. I think te skillsets were looking for are all similar. Different size and speed combos for mismatches but similar skillsets. Reliable hands, precise route running and timing. Quick not fast, dont lose speed in breaks and cuts. Able to sell routes. Able to open hips, plant feet, stop at a dime and start up again quick. Contested catches and good focus. Watching tannehill against okl and lsu its so clear our game is going to be a lot of passes out of the backfield utilizing backs and tightends. So well require good blocking all around. Unbelievable amount of outs and comebacks. Some slants and posts. Quite a bit of redzone fades. Tannehills game seems to be biding time, using his athleticism and throwing sideline catches where only his receivers can male the grabs. Does well against the zones and in redzone something were not used to
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These rookie wide receivers appear to be steals!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Fin fan in hostile territory

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Both seem like good pickups to me, as well as the UDFA the picked up from A&M.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Matthews ran an official 4.62 at the combine...much faster at his pro day. Philbin compared this kid to James Jones from the Packers.
    You've probably already heard this but Matthews tore his MCL in the final game of the regular season then re-aggravated it during his training for the Combine. His agent advised him against running, but he did it anyway, and ran a slow time. I investigated a little bit the surface he ran on at his pro day to make sure it wasn't a track surface and it appeared to be regular stadium field surface. The reason I do that is because Greg Childs ran an "official" 4.55 at the Combine then busted out a 4.39 or 4.40 at his pro day, yet when I saw pictures of his 40 yard dash I noticed he ran it on a track surface.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Fast forward to about 2:37 into this video and watch that reverse he ran against Boise State in 2010. This was a Boise State team many thought should've been given a shot at the National Championship (if not for this loss to Nevada at the hands primarily of Rishard Matthews).

He had 10 catches for 172 yards and a receiving TD in that game against Boise State back in 2010 with Colin Kaepernick throwing the ball. He added the 44 yard TD run in the 3rd quarter. Boise State was the #3 team in the country an Rishard Matthews beat them with 216 rushing and receiving yards and 2 TDs.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Came across an interesting interview with Matthews. Don't know if it's been posted but thought others might like to read it.

http://www.newerascouting.com/2012/0...hard-matthews/
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another later round wr that can suceed in the Dolphins offense compared to the earlier rd wrs...Great pick
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    agreed Fuller was a good get as udfa wonder why he slid out of the draft I know his sr season wasnt the best but still a good player
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The time has come for us to stop talking about Marlon Moore and Roberto Wallace to somehow "realize their constantly talked about potential" that they're just special teamers. BJ cunningham and Matthews were highly productive in prosystems in college (as opposed to past picks we just assumed would become productive) and I think either will start day 1. My money is on BJ cunningham to come right in and start opposite hartline with Bess in the slot.

Rishard Mathews is another guy who was very productive in college. Why can;t they be productive at the pro-level? They can be!
    Quote Quote