Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Tannehill over Weeden or Cousins?!

1. -1
    Miss July

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbia, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Why Tannehill over Weeden or Cousins?!

Can someone tell me what makes Tannehill a better prospect than Weeden or Cousins? I just dont see that much of a difference between them and I honestly do not think Tannehill is worth #8. Personally, I would like to trade down and pick up a couple more picks so we can stock up and then just get Weeden or Cousins later on. Outside of RG3 and Luck, I think we have nothing but maybes (in fact I guess even Luck and RG3 are maybes but at least they show a bit more).

Just wondering what specifics make you all want Tannehill so high?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO, the only QB prospects worth anything in this draft (other than Luck and RGIII) are Tannehill, Weeden and Russel Wilson (despite his size)

Cousins is a good backup, but limited as a starter. And the others aren't worth considering.

Unfortunately, we are in a tight spot. I don't believe Tannehill is worth the #8 pick, and Weeden is older, and both will be gone in the 1st round if the Dolphins pick another player at #8.
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In a way it seems like the attributes that make him attractive also explain why he has so little experience. He was a WR, so he has mid-level college WR athletic ability and good size. He gives you , potentially, Tim Tebow's running skills with actual NFL QB-level throwing ability. From a strictly physical standpoint he's probably the most talented QB in the draft, but his body of work was extremely suspect and the sample size was pretty small. The question is, why did it take him so long to get the starting job? NFL gms can just close their eyes and just pretend that his terrible play in many games, especially in crunch time, was just caused by inexperience. If he can develop a good QB brain, and top-level poise (which I think is an intangible), then he could potentially be better than RG3 and Luck. It's a stretch, but with that kind of size, speed, and arm, stretches are often made.
    Does that help, OP?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Simple. Weeden is ready to start day 1 and is a great fit for a WCO with his quick release and excellent accuracy and decision making. Tannehill has a ton of potential but limited experience. Cousins is skittish under pressure, and is not very effective unless he gets on a roll. He also is not good at adjusting to what defenses show him. Career back up at best.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Weeden is ready to start day one. I think he's the 3rd best QB in the draft. My dream scenario is Blackmon falling to us at 8 and then us trading up for Weeden.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMeth View Post
    Can someone tell me what makes Tannehill a better prospect than Weeden or Cousins? I just dont see that much of a difference between them and I honestly do not think Tannehill is worth #8. Personally, I would like to trade down and pick up a couple more picks so we can stock up and then just get Weeden or Cousins later on. Outside of RG3 and Luck, I think we have nothing but maybes (in fact I guess even Luck and RG3 are maybes but at least they show a bit more).

Just wondering what specifics make you all want Tannehill so high?
    Because people have said hes a first round pick, thats why. Oh, and because we have his former coach on staff and people are comforted with a built in excuse(if we dont take him: its because of Sherman, if we do take him: its because of Sherman).

Me? Im completely numb on the idea. Im still annoyed that we passed on QB's last year in a better draft. Now we have to "settle" for two prospects with glaring negatives. Kinda damned if you do damned if you dont.

I think most people on here recognize that Weeden is the better prospect. Some just will never get over his age. Sadly for us, we are out of position in the draft to justify taking him(to high in the first, to low in the second), and despite what Ireland says he will not just "follow his board" and instead either reach for Tannehill or convince himself that Weeden isnt considered that talented of a prospect because of his age.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    weeden has peaked and wouldnt be able to beat out moore. cousins isnt very good
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    Weeden is ready to start day one. I think he's the 3rd best QB in the draft. My dream scenario is Blackmon falling to us at 8 and then us trading up for Weeden.
    I would crap my pants for a whole week if that happens
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill V Weeden is all about age. If they were both 24 Weeden might go with the #2.
    Tannehill V Cousins is about physical tools. Tannehil is more athletic and has a stronger arm.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinPHIN View Post
    weeden has peaked and wouldnt be able to beat out moore. cousins isnt very good
    That's a fairly bold statement, to say someone has "peaked" when they haven't even joined the NFL is just wrong. So you're saying that two years from now Weeden won't be any better after learning and practicing in the NFL? Hard for me to get on board with that..

This age thing with Weeden is being way overblown.... Hypothetical: Weeden starts day one and is a solid franchise QB till he's 35 (7 Years). So just cause you aren't getting 10 years due to him being older coming into the league he's not worth a high pick? That's laughable.. If a GM/Coach feels Weeden is the one then they pick him for that reason.. What kind of arrogant coaches do you guys think are running around the league? "I'm not going to draft that guy high cause he could only give me 7 instead of 10" When franchise QBs are rare as hell you think coaches are projecting their team 10 years from now?

All i'm saying is I don't think teams are looking at his age as a negative. Unless it's a team that has Weeden and another qb "neck and neck" as far as talent. Then I could see them saying "Hey lets go with the younger guy then". Other than that.. it's a stupid point and he will be drafted where his TALENT puts him. Not his age...
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote