Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LANGER's final mock

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft LANGER's final mock

The draft is in a couple of days. I made a few changes. I omitted Osweiler who I liked as a project because of the likely hood of RT.

Thoughts or opinions?

Round 1 - #8 - QB Ryan Tannehill (It looks like the pick, I would rather have Keuchly)

Round 2 - #42 - DE Vinny Curry (He could really give us some pressure off the edge)

Round 3A - #73 - CB Brandon Boykin (Nice replacement for Sean Smith at CB)

Round 3B - #74 - WR Brian Quick (play maker at WR)

Round 4 - #104 - WR TY Hilton (play maker at WR and KR)

Round 5 - #170 - OG Senio Kelemete (zone blocking guard)

Round 6 - #219 - DE Vernon Oliver (giving some love to UM. The guy might be player)

Round 7 - #232 - TE Cory Harkley (never heard of him. Give him a shot at TE or ST)
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd love that draft. I personally prefer getting our pressure player in Rd 1, but I'm not sold Coples is worth it at 8 given his riskyness. Still, I think Vernon and Irvin would be a solid haul at DE/OLB. You are right on with the WR picks in the middle rounds. With this being such a deep WR class I think our FO waits til the 3rd round to address the position. Like others I'm not sold on Tannyhill, but I've yet to hear one scout say he didn't have a very high ceiling. I don't look at his limited experience as a downside. I think it explains his shortcomings thusfar. Look at Brady's first full year as a starter in college. It was far worse than Tannyhills play. IMHO it just means we've yet to see him close to his potential. He's a risky pick, but if they like him, I'm not gonna cry about taking the chance. And Boykin would really solidify our secondary. Good mock.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I kinda like the positions where you took them but would replace Curry with Chandler Jones (based on who Ireland likes) and Juron Criner instead of Quick in 3rd. Criner is way more polished than Quick and will probly fall there.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I vote you for GM. Send in your picks. You may be right if Cleveland takes Richardson or one of the elite 6.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    I kinda like the positions where you took them but would replace Curry with Chandler Jones (based on who Ireland likes) and Juron Criner instead of Quick in 3rd. Criner is way more polished than Quick and will probly fall there.
    No way is Chandler Jones lasting until pick 42 but i'd love it if he did
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You need another offensive line man. I know everyone is sick and tired of the OL but they are retooling it this year completly with only Long and Pouncy secure. They brought more OL men in than any other position for rookie visits followed by the secondary and WR positions. i would make room for a Ole Miss OT Bobbie Massie in the 3rd in your draft. Other than that it works but I just see Parcells influence still on this team and Parcells loved drafting OLB high in the draft. I see Ireland swinging for the fenses with Couples and hoping Oswiller at QB will buy him time in the 2nd round. But thats just my opinion. Good job.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks

CORY HARKEY UCLA 6-4 270

A big, strong in-line tight end prospect with a muscular looking lower half and good girth throughout his frame. Isn't a great athlete by any stretch, but does a nice job keeping his base down on his release, getting into his routes quickly and not wasting any motion off the ball. Displays good enough short area quickness and hand usage to slip the bump off the line as well. Isn't a guy who can threaten the seam and will drift at times when trying to settle his feet out of his breaks. However, he does have some snap in tight areas, uses his body well to shield and can adjust. Hands are inconsistent however, lets too many throws into his frame and isn't going to win for you in man coverage at the next level.

Nevertheless, this is a guy who can routinely win for a team as an in-line blocker. Coils up into his stance well, keeps his base under him and generates an explosive thrust off the ball. Extends his arms well, takes proper angles and squares his head with the target. Runs his legs well through contact, displays good hand placement and routinely can handle DE's off the snap and on the move.

Is tough to disengage from as his combination of power and coordination allow him to stick. At times will whiff into contact trying to fire off the ball quicker and loses balance, but for the most part takes very good angles. Also, looks natural in pass protection. Displays some range/anchor strength when asked to block on the edge, keeps his head on a swivel and is coordinated enough to re-direct and picking up a stunting linebacker.

Impression: He's a guy who can win for you as a blocker in both the run and pass game. If he's willing to be a down and dirty type tight end, has the ability to stick in the league for a while.
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=36731
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    i like it, but boykin isnt very good on the outside. he has good burst and quikness to be a nickel tho. give me givens over hilton,i dont think ty hilton would be an upgrade over gates, so i dont think he would make the team. but who knows. love the curry pick. like the quick pick as well
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Boykin pick would be a concern for me because of the Senior Bowl leg injury. Just where is he in the rehab stages at this point. Is he on track, etc.

LOVE that Vernon pick. Kid is a MONSTER who suffered from poor poor PISS POOR coaching at Miami just like all the other kids (ie: Sam Shields) who did NOTHING at Miami and went on to the league to give solid effort and contributions.

Vernon is a late-round steal.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Boykin pick would be a concern for me because of the Senior Bowl leg injury. Just where is he in the rehab stages at this point. Is he on track, etc.

LOVE that Vernon pick. Kid is a MONSTER who suffered from poor poor PISS POOR coaching at Miami just like all the other kids (ie: Sam Shields) who did NOTHING at Miami and went on to the league to give solid effort and contributions.

Vernon is a late-round steal.
    i havent watched a whole lot on him but what i did see it looks like he struggles against the run and didnt look explosive, he was also having a hard time getting off blocks. i did se him make some plays tho. but like i said i havent seen a whole lot on him, but i alot of people on here seem to like him
    Quote Quote