Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LANGER's final mock

1. -11
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think some people overlook offensive lineman because it is not a "sexy" pick. We can have as many playmakers as we want, but with as many holes as we have on the line now, we won't be able to adequately get the ball moving.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Fin fan in hostile territory

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFinsJC View Post
    I think some people overlook offensive lineman because it is not a "sexy" pick. We can have as many playmakers as we want, but with as many holes as we have on the line now, we won't be able to adequately get the ball moving.
    I think people overlook lineman here because we've recently spent two first round picks on lineman and we lack play making offensive players. Good lineman can be found later in the draft )as many other teams in the league right now have proven), we don't need to use all our first round picks on linemen.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Change DeCastro for Tannehill and I could easily get behind that Mock!!!

Boykin is gonna be a steal for a team that can let him sit and continue to mend.
    Not only a very good cover guy, but a very very dominant return man as well.

EDIT: Change Decastro, Engram, Floyd, Keuchly or even Coples out for Tannehill and I could easily get behind that Mock!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insom187 View Post
    I think people overlook lineman here because we've recently spent two first round picks on lineman and we lack play making offensive players. Good lineman can be found later in the draft )as many other teams in the league right now have proven), we don't need to use all our first round picks on linemen.
    If DeCastro is still there, he is one of the few guys that is a legit to start right out of the blocks. In fact, he is easily as sure a pick as you can make in this draft.

IF we do finally end up with a solid QB, you need guys like these in front of him, and I don't care who that QB is.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Fin fan in hostile territory

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How many teams though have 3 first round lineman in their starting lineup (that they drafted themselves)? Honestly I don't know but I'm pretty sure you wont find any. What we need most is not a safe pick that can start right away, we need a playmaker. I'm not sold on Tannehill but I wont be surprised or upset if we take him, I'm thinking more on the defensive side and going for Kuechly or Barron. Those are two guys that can also start right away and have a huge impact on our team immediately. I'd like to point out I'm in total agreement that DeCastro looks to be an amazing prospect and will likely be a multiple pro-bowler but he's not my guy this year.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insom187 View Post
    How many teams though have 3 first round lineman in their starting lineup (that they drafted themselves)? Honestly I don't know but I'm pretty sure you wont find any. What we need most is not a safe pick that can start right away, we need a playmaker. I'm not sold on Tannehill but I wont be surprised or upset if we take him, I'm thinking more on the defensive side and going for Kuechly or Barron. Those are two guys that can also start right away and have a huge impact on our team immediately. I'd like to point out I'm in total agreement that DeCastro looks to be an amazing prospect and will likely be a multiple pro-bowler but he's not my guy this year.
    I'm honestly not completely sold on Barron, but wouldn't be completely against the pick, but I think we could trade back 10 spots and still get him.

I wouild be completely on board with Kuechly, Engram or Cox. No problems what-so-ever.

Once again, what getting DeCastro would mean, we are absolutely SET on the O-line. After that, you can plug in guys at either LG or RT and no problems.
    Having 3 potential Perrenial Pro-Bowlers along that line is the sort of thing that has made Brady great. For years, he never got touched and had forever to throw....... IJS.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    The draft is in a couple of days. I made a few changes. I omitted Osweiler who I liked as a project because of the likely hood of RT.

Thoughts or opinions?

Round 1 - #8 - QB Ryan Tannehill (It looks like the pick, I would rather have Keuchly)

Round 2 - #42 - DE Vinny Curry (He could really give us some pressure off the edge)

Round 3A - #73 - CB Brandon Boykin (Nice replacement for Sean Smith at CB)

Round 3B - #74 - WR Brian Quick (play maker at WR)

Round 4 - #104 - WR TY Hilton (play maker at WR and KR)

Round 5 - #170 - OG Senio Kelemete (zone blocking guard)

Round 6 - #219 - DE Vernon Oliver (giving some love to UM. The guy might be player)

Round 7 - #232 - TE Cory Harkley (never heard of him. Give him a shot at TE or ST)
    I don't know if Kelemete will still be on the board in the 5th.

Another pass rusher to consider is Branch (Clemson) in the 2nd. Miami could go w/ the D3 TE, Dunsmore (NWestern), or Bradie Ewing (FB (Wisconsin) in the 7th.

Rodriguez (TE/H-back) Temple could be good value on day 3.

The Homer in me says don't over look Bergstrom (OL in round 3) or Shelby (DE day 3)
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    I'm honestly not completely sold on Barron, but wouldn't be completely against the pick, but I think we could trade back 10 spots and still get him.

I wouild be completely on board with Kuechly, Engram or Cox. No problems what-so-ever.

Once again, what getting DeCastro would mean, we are absolutely SET on the O-line. After that, you can plug in guys at either LG or RT and no problems.
    Having 3 potential Perrenial Pro-Bowlers along that line is the sort of thing that has made Brady great. For years, he never got touched and had forever to throw....... IJS.
    Cowboys are really Jonesin (pun intended??) for Barron as I understand it.

I'd rather Miami take Kuechly @ 8. As for QB, my pref is Weeden (2nd) then Foles or Wilson in the 4th/5th.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You're right, Langer, we did go for similar mocks, though using different players. Olivier Vernon I thought about but went for a second WR instead. Kelemete may well be a better lineman pick than my guy from Troy, Brown.

Nice. Would not be on board with Keuchly at 8 though.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    Cowboys are really Jonesin (pun intended??) for Barron as I understand it.

I'd rather Miami take Kuechly @ 8. As for QB, my pref is Weeden (2nd) then Foles or Wilson in the 4th/5th.

I'd say that Barron is Dallas' Tannehill. The fans are the ones that are in love with him, not necessarily the FO.

Sorry brother, I wouldn't touch Nick Foles in the draft period. Invite him to camp if he goes undrafted? Sure....but no how no way would I give up a pick for him.
    Quote Quote